Mod(s): Please delete or move this to the PUB!

Mr Lord
How dare you say that to me…I am a female you idiot not a male. If this is how you treat females then god help the females in your life…I am extremely disgusted in you that you couldn’t comprehend that K-y-l-i-e is a female name.
I am not defending Peter I am telling you the truth because I have seen and wittnessed everything which was stated…if you don’t beleive me then I really feel sorry for you because you must be living in a make believe world where what ever doug does and says is true. Wake up man and get a life.

Next time you decide to attack me you might want to think again.Next time I will not be so nice.

Kylie
Female

dang…
Doug, you should watch more MTV…Kylie Minogue is a woman…so Kylie is a woman’s name…doh…time to get Duff…

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Wis,
Speak of MTV, have you seen the latest Real World? Their mission is to become crew on both Stars & Stripes and Abracadabra. Both are AC boats. Some fun shot’s of these boats sailing.
If you can put up with watching the drunk brats, you should check it out.

welcome kylie
it seems that the gentleman have left the room for a moment so allow me to welcome yu and offer you a seat at the table.(cougar offer the lady HIS chair) any comment you could and would make are welcome. BUT only if you are a sialor
Good to have you aboard
cougar

<font size=“5”>[:D]</font id=“size5”>

Great One !

Let’s see - a quick contest … but you gotta hurry !

First person to post Doug’s reply/comment about how he was confused; how he didn’t expect a “woman” on the forum; how he didn’t realize women actually sail and have their own minds; how “anyone” could be confused cause they didn’t see her batting her eyelashes; how a “proper” lady would NEVER have posted comments like that, etc. etc. etc.

You get the idea - what excuse will be posted? Whom ever comes closest, - I’ll think of some kind of trophy!

My guess: <font color=“maroon”>Doug will reply with a statement revolving around how she (Kylie) must have not understood what she read, and that she was mis-interpreting something he posted, and how she has just become a part of the vast conspiracy of those who plan and carry off personal attacks!</font id=“maroon”>

Nice post Kylie - kind of reiterates what many of us feel and have said! Welcome to the group - looks (sounds - sorry) like you come well prepared to participate. Appreciate your point of view and your candor.

Kylie-female, my most humble apologies!!! I guess I wasn’t thinking as I responded to your comments. At any rate I apologize!!!
The fact remains that some of you seem to condone the outrageous remarks made by Peter Birch Friday morning when he said that he had thought better of sellng me one of his boats because I would patent it and not allow the sailors in Peters club to use their own boats.
How any reasonable person can gloss over such an absurd, personally offensive remark is beyond me!!! I had never ,in ANY way attacked or criticised Peter or the boat he was offering me. And yet, out of the blue Friday morning comes a withering personally directed set of comments from Peter that are just simply amazing. Those that condone such comments are amonong the lower life forms on this planet!!!
I had been considering purchasing(with another multihullsailor) one of Peters boats. When he told me about a week ago how the boats were built my friend and I changed our minds. I had NO intention of making any public comment on the reasons for my decision until Friday morning after reading Peters insulting diatribe.
I apologize to Australians and Australian sailors for implying that the boat Peter was offering me was state of the art in Australia; I know better!!!
For the record, I believe in my reply to Kylie-female this morning I quoted from a post of Peters where HE makes the statement that his boats will " challenge and beat every other boat on the water again two and three meter excluded". That is
yet to be proven and I look forward to the day when aluminum and fiberglass meets carbon ,kevlar, peaked up square tops and hydrofoils. Should be a glorious day for speed under sail.

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Doug - Doesn’t at least one of those F-48’s of which you speak/describe need to be on the water and sailing BEFORE a race can be held?

And - speaking of speaking - it is interesting to note, that if one reads Dougs last post, he is complaining because he feels Kylie is “CONDONING” what Peter said. Excuse me - isn’t this what it is all about - Many of us don’t condone what you say ! Look at it in that perspective.
<hr noshade size=“1”>
And while on a rant - Matthew - I have serious reservations about a Moderator who feels inclined to “EDIT” someone else’s post. Remember, you are a volunteer and the quickest way to “really” piss off people is to make “unannounced” changes to “<u>their</u>” post.

At least have the decency to contact the person who made the post, outline/explain why “YOU” feel it is inappropriate, and let <u>THEM</u> change <u>THEIR OWN POST</u>! In one instance we hear Doug Lord making accusations about illegal activity by Dan Sherman - and how he (Dan) and Greg “hacked” into the forum - and on the other hand, here you are - (seemingly) bragging about <font color=“red”>you</font id=“red”> editing “someone’s” post.

If the owner of the Board isn’t going to monitor and administer the site, what exactly gives you the right to make unannounced edits? That being the case, all anyone would have to do is to become a moderator and I know a few other posts that suddenly get altered. Hell - it’s hard enough to keep up with all of Doug’s edits - and his deletions, let alone having more “Little Dougies” doing it to someone elses’ posts.

Suggestion - keep your hands off other peoples’ posts - and COMMUNICATE with them pointing out the problem - keeping in mind of course that it appears Chad doesn’t give a crap what is posted or how the forum is used - or abused !

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by lorsail

<font color=“red”>Peter made the comment that I would steal his design if he sent me a boat so I thought it appropriate to mention why I decided against the boat</font id=“red”>.
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>
<font color=“navy”>I do not appreciate words being put into my mouth, so read the W-O-R-D-S on the original post as it was actually written.</font id=“navy”>

Could this reaction by you be a point that is very close to your heart?
Peter

Dick, The one thing I edited had nothing to do with the topic, it was simply a line that I felt would have started another firefight.
If you don’t like it, you do it.

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

hey mr. “high technology”, time to think of a better sales pitch which is less offending to normal people

Mr Lord,
I accept your apology but i do ask you not too call me kylie-female as you are still insulting me my name is kylie and i would prefer to be called by my given name.

I do know peter and I have seen his boat and other boats, may they be fibreglass and aluminium or carbonfibre which there is in the club.

<font color=“red”>Things which you are saying regarding technology have already been tried in Australia and due to the weather conditions over here and the racing courses most were useless.</font id=“red”>

The gentlemen who sail at the club sail for fun and the enjoyment of the sport.
They are not wealthy they are working class men who have a passion and that passion is to sail their boats.

They are open to suggestions regarding technology BUT ONLY IF the technology will help them in Australian conditions not the USA conditions as <font color=“purple”>I was told today by several members the conditions are different.</font id=“purple”>

As for the patent discussion between you too…well Peter wouldn’t have said anything unless he had found out something and didn’t want to risk losing what they had been developing.
As for Peter challenging any boat except for 2 and 3 metre multuhull’s I say good on him for saying it…he has confidence in the Australian r/c multihull boats and after talking today to some members they also agree that the Australian Mini 40 “would hold there own from what they have seen”

Kylie
[:-angel]

If the moderator belives a post is out of line they should delete it and ask that author to rewrite it instead of editing it themselves.

The whole idea of editing posts is stupid. If something is worthwhile enough to be said it should be in a new post. The edit should only be for typos. Otherwise think about what your saying before hitting the post button since you can’t go back and change it.

Peter, prior to the folowing quote and the other malicious comments made by you on Friday morning I had never criticized you or your boats at any time at any place:
The following is a direct quote from Birch made Friday Morning on this topic -(spelling errors of the original included): " Could it be that you just couldn’t be bothered by the hassle of actually having to build an F48/mini 40 to prove the claims you make and would much rather get a boat from some other source,test it and if it works take out an International patent to stop the original designers building there own boats. With so many™ that you apparently have and with your opinion of those of use who are doing or suggesting what doesn’t seem right to you maybe we had better forget the idea of a boat from Australia getting into your hands."
These commets were made out of the blue; I had never criticized you or your boats in any way!!! You owe me an apology for this outrageous comment!!!
As I previously mentioned I had been considering one of Peter’s boats because of the unbelievably low price so we could have it here to race. I changed my mind after Peter described how his boats were built-mimicing rc multihull construction in the states 30 years ago.
I realize that Peters boats are not the state of the art in Australian sailing–and that is a good thing.In previous posts here since Friday I have discussed the potentially serious performance problems that be caused by building a high performance RC multihull in the manner that Peter describes. These problems can have a serious negative impact on the enjoyment of high speed multihull sailing by people new to the sport.

Doug Lord

You keep asking why the post put on this forum by me deciding not to send a boat to you was made.

It is answered quite easily by saying after a conversation with a person that is known by you and I, it was brought to my attention that to send a boat to you would not be a sensible thing to do.

The boats are made using easily accessible products. Which in turn makes the boats good value for new people as it gives them a starting point. The boats are fast and have beaten carbon fibre constructed boats on more than one occasion.

In my opinion having boats on the water sailing, regardless of what materials are used to build them is the most important part.

But what would I know. I only build and sail boats that comply to the rules of the class.
Peter

As far as I am concerned, I have answered your question and will not enter into anymore debate on that subject by you.

Peter, you should know that this person known to you and me has absolutely ZERO experience saling rc multihulls. You should be carefull about adopting the tactic of having discussion by personal attack another trademark of this person known to you and me.
I had never even criticized you; never attacked you or misepresented you in any fashion . Your letter of Friday morning that I partially quote previously was quite an introduction to the way you do things.
You may have picked a really bad teacher in the person known to the both of us. You surely have made a BIG mistake!

Doug Lord

See my previous posts regarding my reasons for not buying Peters boat and for the quote that started it all by Mr. Birch.
As to you ,Gale -wow- glad to meet you! You seem like a really nice person. Hope you have a nice day! You from this planet?

Doug Lord

<center>Hah !!!

LAST POST ON THIS TOPIC - ! (for now)</center>

thank you gale
you are fighting a lossing battle here , I am afraid. what you just said make sense. but i have been saying somewaht the same thing for the LAST 4 WEEKS. i considered once doug lord to be a friend. and for a while i defended him. then some good people showd me what was realy happening. you will not win the battle. i believe you are from this planet:-) (thank was a joke) just so that nobody get the impession that i am putting you down. like kylie i welcome you to this board and hope you have some good ideas, to share
cougar

I refer anyone interested in the facts of what I said and why to the several previous posts of mine on this subject.And, most importantly, to Peters post of last Friday morning.

Doug Lord

again Doug insists on having the last word.

-Dan