Mod(s): Please delete or move this to the PUB!

Hi
I have been off this forum while building my two new boats. The revolutionary design of it has other members of our club standing in line to get a hold of the moulds.

Although I was in the background I was still keeping up with the rantings on a few topics posted on this forum.

For those of you who don’t know me, I have been involved with r/c sailing here in Australia for 15 years. Starting with Marbleheads, I now am a committee member of the Queensland R/C Multihull Owners Association. My position is class measurer. We are the only registered R/C Multihull club in Australia.

Back to the boats.

After reading several posts I decided to go all out and build one boat out of fibreglass and aluminium the other was built using every exotic material available to me in Australia. Both boats obviously came out of the same moulds and where built and finished to the highest standards.

They have been trialled, seperately at first my me, then raced. One controlled by me the other by the club secretary(Peter Birch). We then swapped controls, we did this on four consecutive days and the results were split evenly(8 racers 4-4)

When you then consider the costing involved in using kevlar/carbon fibre composites for hulls and carbon for beams and spars against the standard fibreglass and aluminium and then achieve a result like this, it makes you wonder if it is really worth going to the trouble and expense of exotics.

The boats were then trialled against the current champion and both boats beat him.

All this proves to me that the new design is a step in the right direction and that the r/c sailing scene in Australia is very strong.

Peters’ comments on here concerning boats available for sale from Australia for $390AUD plus shipping etc. relates directly to this new design. I can build boats for around that price, but after comments that I read on here during the building and trialling of these new boats, and after discussions with Peter relating to his posts and comments I’m wondering whether I should be bothered accepting orders as it seems that others can design and build so called more advanced boats.
Eased Sheets Peter

It would be very interesting to know the actual weights of the two boats and the two rigs. What were the cross arms made of on both boats? Were the foils carbon on one and glass on the other or both the same?
Sounds like an interesting and well done test regime.
If you could provide more of the weight information on each boat that would be great.
I’m curious about the hulls “twistability”: if a person stood on each side of the boat and tried to twist it in opposite directions does it twist at all? Would you say it twists a lot or a little? Does the “exotic” hull platform twist less than the aluminum and glass version?
These questions and answers would be of broad interest to many multihullers if you’re willing to share the details.
Thanks for your well done post!

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Mod(s): Everyone seems to be trying to make this forum work and for the most part stop the personal attacks. I would ask that this great satire(!) be removed or moved to the PUB. My preference is that it simply be removed as should all vestiges of the recent War. Leaving some of the crap from the WAR on this board is wrong for the new spirit trying to take hold here. I strongly urge any and all that participated in said WAR to remove those remaining
posts.
At least do us all a favor and move this to the Pub; it has no place under New Classes–so excersise your power and your responsibility and lets get rid of the crap…

Doug Lord

this is for everybody.
i want some input as to what you want me to do. i think the exchange of ideas is a good thing. but the insults were uncalled for. do you want me to move this and put in a place where you put garbage? . i for one vote that it should stay here. there is a lot of good discussion going on. but for the exception a few people . the name calling and the SLANDER has to stop. he wont buy my boat, he says my boat is cr**. this is going to stop. if you want i will go back and edit ALL the post. i dont want to do that. but i would like to see everybody clean up the langauge. we have been doing a good job so far. let me know how you feel. gale kylie wis dick roy everybody. then i will talk with chad

cougar

cougar…
as for me; u can stop this thread but not deleting it…what was said should stay here
Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

I think it is in everybodies interest to take this topic out of New Classes; it is simply not appropriate given the seemingly genuine attempt by most people to put the recent unpleasantness behind us.
If you don’t want to delete it move it to the Pub but don’t leave it here like a festering sore…

Doug Lord

and i just noticed something. is it me or did the topic change? was this not the topic 'NO CLASS"?
or am i wrong?
cougar

It apears to me that moderators can’t relocate topics, hopefully, forum administrator will be able to. Untill then this forum will be locked so that no new posts can be made.

-Dan