Winter sailing in Wisconsin

You look like you are actually making some headway there Bill, are you experimenting with that heated fin by any chance?

Frankly Bill I think that the world has something to fear with us on the loose! Speaking of Daytona… can we race on the lake in the tri-oval please :D. Now that would be a venue to pull off!

Graham… where it is snowing again, it snows every day.

Great idea, Graham…I think Cobra would feel very much at home there!

Nice design Graham. I can’t even detect a wake.
Tom Graham

Bill, thats a monster McRig! I would suggest that you improve the deck’s waterproofing before sailing in something softer.

Graham, your suggestion of sailing on the lake in the TriOval at Daytona had occured to me too. Apparently the France family are receptive to such ideas, so I’m going to try to get our club comodore to write a letter, he pens a very nice one, to request that venue for a Footy North American’s, maybe next year? There must be off weekends from racing so it’s wort a try… Paul.

Scary big rig Bill, I tremble at the prospect. Still testing, familiar well tried 507 vs ‘Torpid Troll’. Have to make a decision soon, …

The place was all but deserted the week we were there Paul so you could well be right. It’s an exciting thought, watching the racing this week I see that it is a good sized lake.

We had another 11" yesterday, that’s almost a footy worth.
Thanks Tom…lol.

Graham

KJst it’s poor little ruder sticking out…

Those trnsom hung rudders can be real life-savers.

Hello Bill,

As I see your sail number and compare it with graham Harpy sail number I was wondering whats happen in a month to get around 300 more boats registered. You must have been busy issuing all these sail number.

Whatever I will submit a request sooner or later to get my own sail number for my first footy…an harpy of course as they seemed to sail well in Wisconsin :lol:

Well I think that Graham and Bill K deserved a :zbeer: for having plowed around 80 inch of snow this winter while I was looking my landlords’ son doing it :stuck_out_tongue:

Le Petit Normand

It would be nice to have that many registrations, but we don’t issue all numbers consecutively. When someone requests a particular number, we try to issue one that is as close as possible to the request.

In this case, I wanted 427 to go with the Cobra name, since the 427 Cobra was a true muscle car, and represented perhaps the best of English design (the AC body) and American ingenuity (shoving a BIG engine into that pretty little car.) I figured all that was appropriate for a boat built for the Liverpool Challenge.

Bill H

Who needs the “Best of English design when you could just have raw power” :devil3:

sorta like these!
lol. I fear that the newest footy from the SMM ways will probably resemble one of these as opposed to a graceful cobra… but hey, whatever gets the job done right?

Tout vient à point pour qui sait attendre :sly:

:graduate:Barrett,

we could ry adding add roadholdimg, brakes, shock-absorbers, a power-weight ratio, resonable tyre contract area, aerobynanics for raeal and then geat rf of the rae power abd the weight it takes up, Then we might be thinking about going outperforming a European car other than at 09:00 on the Cross Bronx Expres way or whaever your call you ocal car park. But dream on!

:devil3::witch:

i thought that might get a rise out of you angus! :stuck_out_tongue:

And here I was being diplomatic, and giving legitimate credit to both sides of the pond for my favorite car…creating positive relationships in prepartation for my trip to Liverpool…even though we all know that without the Ford engine, The AC was just a pretty bark with no bite!

Nice going Barrett…you woke up the Angus troll again!! :devil3:

This is the view I hope to give Angus of my Footy, too.

I have to agree with Angus… you see in England, indeed Europe, we have these horrific things called ‘corners’!:devil3:

Cheers Angus :zbeer:

Abd Bil has owned Fiat X1/9 and a Lancia.

Of course there are some glorious American muscle cars. Just look at the Ford GT40

:zbeer:

So all this raw power.

Let’s compare two 1957-58 fast cars – what is said to be the original Muscle Car and a highly iconic but technically pretty ordinary Ferrari.

Dodge Dart Super Wedge
5.2 L = 318 in
230 bhp

Ferrari 250 GT SWB
2.95 L = 180 cu in.
280 bhp.

In other words the muscle car is producing about 45 bhp per litre, its European equivalent around twice as much. This is my underlying objection to the muscle Footy. Somewhere the designer stops looking at the numbers.

Er, in muscle car comparisons, look at the low rpm torque figures as well. BHP can be misleading if the focus is drag racing.

Cheers,

Earl

I think I can be forgiven. The young man did say ‘raw power’

um, there is another issue to consider before you go touting your numbers…:wink:

first, lets actually talk about the Dodge Charger Daytona (one of my personal favorites!)
here are the “power” specs on it:
Type: ohv V-8
Displacement, cid: 426
Compression ratio: 10.25:1
Horsepower @ rpm: 425 @ 5000
Torque @ rpm: 490 @ 4000

0-60: 5.7 seconds

the base price tag? $5,261.

now, Angus, you mentioned the Ferrari 250…

these are the power specs on the 250:
Horsepower 320 bhp / 239 KW @ 7500 rpm
Torque 294 Nm / 217 ft lbs @ 5500 rpm
Displacement 3.286 liter / 200.5 cu in
Compression ratio 9.7:1

0-60 mph Acceleration 6.1 seconds

the base price tag? $18,000

not that any of this really matters, but, if we are gonna do number crunching…:devil3::p:lol: