Who's got sa LaJabless?

uh oh, you said rules.
just kidding.
hey tomo, ya gotta let me know how the foil works.
if good, could add it to the product.
“TOMO KEEL”
or something
royalties!

NOOOOO TOMO! not the dreaded “R” word! :scared: no really these are much better. take the “rules” as they are, and build the fastest boat you can! nothin better… :wink:

I just rememebered, That fin is for my RAZOR; The tongue is too long & thin. The tongue for a LaJabless fin is about square.

Instead of the R-word, how about calling them conventions or canons? ( finally, the dictionary used well :graduate: )

I’ll share the research with you, Nigel. You keep the royalties, and maybe I’ll need a favour one day…

Just ordered a hull from Nigel today, I will be registering in the AMYA Footy class. I’m still trying to find an ideal sail material, have found some 1 mil polyester online but is there any thinner or lighter? I don’t really want clear sails. How about tall kitchen bag plastic, too stretchy and not durable enough?

As for the keel, may try a cf Hornet heli blade and add on some kind of sheet strip to the trailing edge to make it broader, or maybe something else.

Dave

plastic bag may be too stretchy… i would try for some .5 oz nylon/ dacron…

I have been given LAJABLESS hull number one to fit out and test.
“One” in the NZ Maori language is “TAHI” and that is the name I have chosen for this craft.
It is coming along nicely and should be balance tested this weekend.
Here are a couple of photos. The paint job will be more elaborate on completion.
The mast is a little further forward that the original design based on my previous experience.
The rudder is a fully balanced unit of 45.5 square centimetres the fin is a straight sided 90 sq cm cedar version at present with a carbon unit under construction.
Bulb weight and placement yet to be confirmed.
The rig is a carbon swing rig in an aluminium arrow shaft socket.
The mainsheet is led in via a plastic standup just aft of the mast.
The hatch cover will be a carbon unit shown elsewhere simply taped around the edges.
The continual quest to add lightness makes for some interesting challanges.

i like the colour.
reminds me of this frenchie:

wasn’t that Geovani Soldenei’s BOC boat? [i don’t know that i spelt that name right…]

Got my Lajabless hull today, looks perfect and very very light. Great job Nigel, thanks. :wink:

i believe it’s Jean Le Cam’s ride.

your welcome for the boat.
did you mind the primer?
i might start offering them with it on.
i did’nt before, only to give total freedom of paintsystem.

Todays job was to make a bulb using my cutting edge design skills and incredible craftsmanship.:lol:
Some readers will be familiar with my brass tube filled with lead and fitted with turned wooden ends design.
First cut your tube to length. In this case 120mm.
Braze a mounting tang on the side. Turn the ends on the lathe.
Melt your lead and pour it in. Weigh the bulb. Yep spot on the correct weight. Job done.:scared::devil3: Afternoon tea.:zbeer:

Still haven’t got mine!

AND

Might one ask a fellow grastronome when afternoon tea was last properly served out of pint plasses with a foaming head?

A.

Be that low tea or high tea? I’ll bet it’s high tea in the garage, if it’s in pints.

did you mind the primer?
i might start offering them with it on.
i did’nt before, only to give total freedom of paintsystem.

I’m glad you did the primer, saves me a step, it looks to be done well.

Doesn’t Lime green Krylon have an included primer component? :stuck_out_tongue:

put a white base-coat first. then do the green.
same on all bright colours, unless your primer was white.

Flotation test completed today.
I was a little concerned as the all up weight ready to sail will be around 520 grams whereas Nigel`s recomended displacment was stated as 315 grams. Hmmmmm seriously overweight, a bit like myself. Bugger!
Not a lot I could do about it immediatly so just go with it for the moment.
I was plesently suprised that the hull appeared to float pretty much on its lines.
The water was very bumpy where I did the test but even by the photos you see here it looks OK and does not give me cause for concern.
Anyway I have worked out the fore and aft position of the bulb and will get it glued up over the next couple of days. Progress continues.

Nearly ready for the easter Showdown Ian!!
Lookin good.

I shall be bringing a slightly modified "pips"with a few interesting rigs

Ian, you stole my color.