Volvo ocean race game

well I found an island…DOH…

I have finish!!!
place: 269

I´m going to sleep 24 hours!!!

What a race!!!

Tabasco2

That was a tough one, and the lead changed several times a day! The leaders all went different ways and yet it was still crowded at the front. I was 177th and almost overlapped with the winning bunch.

They really need to fix the “boats” in the game. They are so sideways that you can’t tell where you are headed. I watch the game progress in VRTool and only log on to the VOR game site when I need to adjust course or sails. I am finally getting used to what it will do and it helps a lot.

Get your rest now, because the next leg begins on Sunday! For your start time, check: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=14&month=6&year=2009&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

Subject to change by the official briefing, of course.

i logged in last night…saw that I was making ten knots in the direction i wanted to go based on the sumary screen I never looked at the chart. loggin this morning same speed and same direction. but I had not moved…I was up against land and not moving. oh well… but still showing boat speed…

In Leg 9 I finished:
“Roharl” #1179 1D 4H 0M
“Rohar” #2459 1D 4H 50M
I struggled to keep ahead of “Womble Inn” for most of the distance from Marstrand, but ran aground for a brief moment on the SE coast of Sweden due to a slight attack of inattention, and he got across the magic finishing circle in #1169 position in a slightly better wind angle. Other than trying to go as fast as possible, it was a rather boring series of runs and reaches almost all the way.
I somehow ‘lost’ “Glass Petrel” at the beginning, just couldn’t persuade the computer to let me log-on, so it ran with the tugboat “Botarate” and is now stooging around near Marstrand on its own–how, I don’t know.

Well I am not having a lot of fun on this leg.:mad:
“Medication” has run aground about six times so far and “Little Bit” only twice.
I refuse to be a slave to a computer game and so pay the price.:scared:
All looking good for the finish now though.:lol:

last 2 legs have been a struggle.
Ran aground in both,in this last one I ran aground in the strait but watched boats sail inside me.Went back to the scene of the crime today and sailed my scout boat to the exact location and couldn’t run aground if I tried…frustrating as the incident cost me 1/2 an hour which you can never get back.

I didn’t run aground with any of the boats I was driving this leg, but I do think they “narrowed” the boats for the passage.

I used VRTool to track the boats, after adjusting the land masses a little. It greatly helped in the exact location and path traveled, and course I need to travel, to get where I want to be. I could put my path excatly on top of another boat that had successfully rounded a point and know that I should be OK too!

I also watched Aldabra run aground… I thought he was cutting the corner a bit close!

Places 309 and 472

Leg8 was my best at 177

I used VR tool also,carefully mapped the area with google earth before the start,I knew exactly where I was.boats sailed inside of me and didn’t touch.
I went back to the exact location yesterday with my scout boat and didn’t run aground.
I was not amused as I was with the leaders… nevermind I guess its just a game!

Got to the finish at St Petersburg. “Rohar” # 4842 1D16H50M, and “Roharl” # 7092 1D18H0M. Three awakenings by alarm clock in one night was too much like standing watch in my Navy cadet days. All-in-all, it was worth it.

“Womble Inn” managed 150th in this last leg,quite enjoyable as the beat to windward was much more tactically amusing than some previous races.
I didn’t sleep at all for this leg…barking mad.