-

I agree with Dick. More rocker is absolutly necessary in my opinion. You should also consider to reduce the beam. My cats have a similar beam to length ration and have a hard time tacking.
I would reduce the beam to at least 0,65 m or even 0,6.
This means less sail area, but what is the sail area good for when you spend precious time going backwards in your tacks…

Marcus

Sorry, I got the beam wrong, it is .6m between the hull center lines already.
I’t’s likely to have transom hung rudders set up like a beach cat’s, ie the rudder on the inside of the turn steers more than that on the outside, with high aspect daggerboards set relatively far forwards (they will have to be because of the c of e of the iom rig being pretty far forward) so it should pivot around those.

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Theres a screen shot showing the rockerline.

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

nice job matt
this looks good. and i think you are right . have the overhang rudders. we can play with the size that way.
what do you think about putting in a center pod. for radio and reciever. we can put one sevo in each hull for control?
that would work.
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

Cougar,
for the crossbeams, what will you use, aluminium? carbon?

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

matt and i will talk about it.
i dont know what is best? carbon or metal. i think i would be more comfortable using the aluminum, but this is
matts boat. i am following his lead in this
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

Matt

Will G. came up with a nice excel sheet for the adjustment of the rudder angles. If you are interested, send me an email and I will mail it to you.

IMHO the rocker is not strong enough thou. But I might be wrong on this.
On my boat, I made semicircular underwater with stronger rocker then yours to have the cat tack easily, but it didn’t. Maybe I am just a plain bad designer, maybe I am not seeing the obvious…[:D]
Can you send me a plan of the shadows so that I can compare it to my own design?

Marcus

I’ve heard this 10000 times, bigger is better…but, what would be the “small” size limit? multione, mini40/f48?

I dont see myself with a F60…way too big, and how are you suppose to travel with that “monster”??,
look at the 2 metres, you already need a trailer…

just my 0.02 Yen

Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm