-

how about the ppl “playing” in bed?

8 hours work, 8 hours bed+4hours “play”…leaves us 4 hours to play

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Ernst,

I think YOU really dont need to tell anyone to behave!

I remember some post, earlier this year…someone calling the Frenchies and others…oh well, its past!

oh and, I see you read the rules…guess you missed that part:

9.RCsailing.net reserves the right to change or alter these rules at any time without any notification. Please note that an Administrator?s(or Moderator’s) word is final.”

and as far as I can see/read, nobody has said some “antipathy” thingy about you…just some facts…well we did joke a bit…

and before I forget:

“8.Enjoy yourself. The board is intended to talk about RC Sailing and Sailing. You can have a great time posting and we look forward to your feedback.”

Have fun and sorry to be off-topic…I guess I need to be moderated…please someone!

Wis

Non-pro Moderator for some time and a special interest in myself (grin!) [;)]

EDIT: feel free to mail me anytime

Easy guys …

Forum has been quiet and informative. Let’s not degenerate into “flame wars” again - OK ?

I 100% agree! and will do all my best to avoid that again…

Wis

ok to get people back on track
the cat i am thinking of doing will use parts i have around the house. most of us have spare sails. spare masts, maybe even a spare bulb? my idea is to have a basicly a sqaure boat. 1 meter x 1 meter. that should have enough beam to stop the heeling. dont you think? as far as the nightmare goes. never seen it.
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

Cougar - here is a NIGHTMARE. This is the original one (Hull #1 in USA) sailing in Arizona - and now it is owned by BIll Hojnacki in Hawaii !

<center></center>

EDIT: ADDED … somewhere at home I have a couple of short videos of Bill sialing itin Hawaii!

Here is a closer shot on land in first owner’s (and builder’s) back yard - before sale to Bill !

<center></center>

These are now being built and sold by Ian Sammis in Kansas, by the way.

that looks interesting. that boat does look good. is it anything like snap dragon?. my first concern is transportation? 48 inch is pretty big. transporting a 1 meter cat was tough. i cant imagine what a 48 inch tri would be?
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

The hulls and crossbars break down very easily and are stored in a bag. The longest part is the rig. If anyone is interested in a kit for this boat. I have three sets of hulls ready to go…just pick your color. These hulls are already assembled with crossbar mounting hardware already installed.

Ian Sammis

Ian,

You have some pics or a web?anything where you “throw” an eye?

Thanks

Wis

I wish I did have a website for my RC boats but I don’t. I do have some pics of my latest catamaran which uses the same amas off of the nightmare. I have been really busy building these boats lately. But now that I have three sets done I am going to start concentrating more on advertisement so you will begin to see more organization in that area. Another problem is that for some reason I cannot post pics to this site!

Ian Sammis

you got mail

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by iansammis

Another problem is that for some reason I cannot post pics to this site!

Ian Sammis
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Ian - feel free to send me pics and I’ll do my best to get them posted - you can always post o Multihull forum, but low traffice might not help. The issue of pics not being able to be posted has been ssent to Chad. Not sure how long before he checks in and takes a look at the problem. It started when he changed servers.

F-48 site is about due to be updated completely – since a lot of links are now dead, and one manufacturer isn’t (hasn’t been) producing F-48 multihulls. Perhaps ina month or so when winter sets in I can get back to the website and clean it up and update it. Will have a spot for legitimate builders where we can post some photos that are current.

Did I ever send you those pics of my latest catamaran project?

Ian Sammis

Just to give you another update. Right now there is a company machining me a set of female molds for a new hull design. These molds are being built so that a custom made latex balloon (which I already purchased) will blow up the hulls from the inside. After the hull sets teh latex balloon will be pulled out from a hull in the transom. This will create a one piece hull. your probably asking how in the hell is Ian paying for these molds that are being machined out…Well normally it would cost about $2500. BUT a friend of mine owns a company down in Florida and we have worked out a trade. I give him one complete ready to sail boat and he gives me a perfect set of tooling plus a one off part built from those molds. The molds are being built right from my CATIA model. The data is sent right to his CNC mill. I will send pics as soon as I receive the new tooling. If anyone wants to see the picture of the CATIA model I will send it to Dick Lemke and he can send it to anyone that may want it.

Ian Sammis

One other thing I should have mentioned. This new hull that I am going to be building is a catamaran, I will continue to build the Nightmare tris as well…Also I am just a builder not really a hull designer…Ernst Zemann is the actual DESIGNER of the boats I have been building. He has sent me many different hull designs and I choose which I like best…

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by iansammis

Did I ever send you those pics of my latest catamaran project?

Ian Sammis
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

You were going to - unless they went to my work during my time off with the stroke. Who knows what the temp-help did with that stuff during the month I was off. Sorry - but OK to resend now. BTW - I’m off tomorrow as all good govenment employees honor our fighting guys on Veteran’s Day - but I will be back in on Friday.

Ian, thanks for the pics…if you have more…do not hesitate

Wis

Just a little somthing that I have been working on, based on Cougar’s want for a 1m cat. The platform is 1m x 0.7m, the beams are shown going into the hull but they would probally be better off on top bolted in a gutter. The idea is to have ali tube beams and glass hulls to keep the cost down, the boat should be able to take an off the shelf IOM rig (although the bottom of the mast would have to be shortened and it would need new shrouds). I will also produce a rig plan for a lighter carbon tube rig as an upgrade or an alternative for those who dont have IOM bits kicking around.

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Matt -

a suggestion: consider adding a bit more rocker to improve tacking. Flat keel lines are great for straight line stability and tracking, but sooner or later you are going to want to turn. Having a bit of rocker will improve tacking, since you don’t have crew to backwind the main.