Rg65

As of now, there are 9 models registered in the UK with Chris Jackson, editor of Marine Modelling International, in charge of registration. There is an International RG65 page on http://www.rg65.org/forum/index.php
On 11t October he posted regarding the JIF2,

We are using the name Puma for this design to aviod confusion with the very similar name JIF65 for the chine boat.
There will be a general feature in MMI November on the class including news of the grp hull, keel fin and ballast now available for both JIF65 and Puma designs.
Later this year there will be a six page article on building a Puma using balsa planking.
We have also completed a set of plans in English based on Maximo Lange’s superb drawings.
Regards
Chris Jackson

Anyone volunteering to start a forum location there for the US and/or Canada?

I will start one right now.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RG65SailboatsUS/

Over the next month or so, I will take some time to take a closer look at rules, and design potentials. Perhaps what wasn’t allowed in the Footy class may be legal (and doable) in this one - if for nothing more than an exercise in some design ideas.

Thanks for taking this one on. Much appreciated.

Let me know if I can assist - keeping in mind I have a couple of big multihulls under construction - time/resources being limited to some degree.

=========================================
Interested in becoming a moderator of this group?

Roadtoad, I’ve taken the liberty to advertise your user group on a Spanish RG65 forum, with an invitation for them to join and add their comments. If there are any takers, I’ll do my best to resolve any language problems that might crop up. You might also like to get Chris Jackson on board.

Thanx Martin. Every little bit of help will be appreciated.
I don’t have Chris Jacksons email to contact him any chance you have it?

I will be adding plenty of links for RG65’s to the user group shortly, that I saved over the past 6 months.

I found this translator on line that actually seems to work, worth a look.
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

I will start a RG65 hull build within the next few weeks to get my feet wet.

I have a professional interest in not liking, much less recommending, on-line translators;)
I sent a message to Marine Modelling International for Chris Jackson’s attention with a link to this thread.
The French site http://rg65.free.fr/
has probably got the widest selection of downladable plans. Clicking on the list on the left displays thumbnails and file types of the boats.

Welcome to the RG-65 class.
I write an e-mail to Mr. Jackson to contact with you.
If you need any thing you can send me a private mensage or e-mail.
I hope you excuse my bad english

Francisco, thanks for the support. There’s no difficulties with your English;) Anyway, I’ve been posting in bad Spanish for years on the Velarc site and no-one has complained.

For some reason, Yahoo Groups doesn’t like my use of Mozilla Firefox as a browser. I can establish an account, but impossible to sign-in - it recognizes my screen name, but nothing happens when adding password. I’m not fond of Internet Explorer, but it seems there is something different between the two that allows access in one, but not the other.

Strange - I’ve reset cookies, and eased off on my security settings in Firefox - but still not able to sign-in.

Hard to be a moderator when you can’t get in …:smiley: Give me time, I will find out why.

======================================
Do you have the latest version of FireFox?. I have been using Firefox for 4 years without any problems, my favorite browser. You can also download 2 really good browsers:
AVANT BROWSER

or

OPERA

Version 2.0.0.11

Last time I updated to the new version, had all sorts of problems, sort of like what you are experiencing. Especially with Sun Java runtime. It was a fire fight bewtween Mozilla and Sun as to who was to blame. Read more:
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/2.0.0.11/releasenotes/#issues
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=05a5b862ceb12fb00df21cd8e1aabd74
So when I reformatted my hard drive, I reloaded the 2.0.0.7 version. If you need this version. I can upload the file to my website for you. Until this issue is resolved not sure I want to down load the latest version. I’m happy with 2007. It works fine for all my computer internet needs. I also use Avant.

I too am having alot of trouble with firefox. the browser is using up alot of cpu. sometimes up to 100%
but i am using all the upgrades too
that could be it dick. maybe back down on a few:zbeer:
cougar

Dear Mister ROADTOAD, would you consider making your Yahoo group for all English speaking enthusiasts of the RG65 class rather than just for North American members? :confused:

Best wishes for the new year to all contributors on this forum.

IanHB, his first member comes from Spain so I doubt that there’ll be any problems for you;)
Btw I posted a message there in Spanish welcoming any Spanish speakers with an offer to translate. It seems most of the expertise in this class is in Spanish-speaking countries and, that way, we may avoid reinventing the wheel.

Hi,
The group is open to any one who wishes to join worldwide.
Although, this group is geared to the English speaking countries.
Our hopes is to break the foreign language barrier and get the class started here in the US and Canada, we need all the help we can get.
So come on and join our group.

Sven

I suggest you guys get on board with the International RG65 forums,looks like they are welcoming and will accommodate you(Americans).
Why start a yahoo group when everything you need exists already??

Brett, there’s one problem with the international forum: you have to have an official sail no. to register. Unless you do, you cannot even access the forum directly. I was asked to provide at least a photo of my half-finished boat to prove my intention. Hopefully, its “unusual” McCormack rig won’t put the webmaster off;)