Post Your AC boat pictures

The good ole days of walking the plank are over thank goodness … but here’s Hugo Boss “How they did it” photo shoot done for “The Keel Walk” made me wonder how long before this starts a craze of naked Jet Ski “Streakers” (only hope they are female)will be planning Keel walking antics at the start of Canting keel boat races :lol:

//youtu.be/B2PQfJ2SAg4

For this season I’ve changed mast from 10mm to stiffer 12 mm dia to try and get some more control in sail settings, the 10 mm was bit of hit & miss with what felt like a noodle for a mast. Managed to take out lower shroud also and using the mast ram little more.

The main on Jaguar has huge luff curve built into, so now running much higher shroud & stay tensions and now feels very stable and easier to find good settings quickly. Have been playing around with smaller rudder shapes, areas and aspects to find the minimum limit for AC 120 :smiley:

Cheers Alan

Late afternoon of 15 June in Avigliana Lake near turin (Italy): Magic Urca AC120 touch the water for the first time.

It seems pretty good, but need till a little bit of work in sails settings.
Not so much wind and also not so “light” for photos, but it seem wok properly

Last check

Rule LWL end marks check

Sailing

Sailing away

quick video

//youtu.be/QzWsaDAyjrQ

Bye

Awesome :cool:

I know it’s early days yet but what is you impression of sailing your new creation ? in light air looks very nimble (fast & responsive) with bow up giving shorter LWL, will be very interesting to see how she sails in heavy air, especailly downwind.

Cheers Alan

Hi Alan,
How you wrote, these mines are only first impression about sailing because the boat stayed in water quite 1 hour and the sails need to be “adjusted” a lot, especially main sail due to big head that is a little bit critical.

The overall impression is good. In that light wind conditions (less than 5 knots and sometime quite 1-2 knots) the boat is neutral and very quick in tacking and gibing and also in luffing and bearing away.
It has a fast response to the rudder also at very light speed and with a fastidious little wavelet.
You wrote:

very nimble (fast & responsive) with bow up giving shorter LWL

The bow is up by the particular hull design, but the LWL measured in static is 990 mm and it isn’t shorter than other AC120… it is the same. If you pay attention to the real start of LWL on bow side referring to the adhesive letters of Magic Urca, you’ll se it clearly.

I have made this first test on Avigliana Lake because the conditions are the worst for mine design: the long bow and the related big volume of the hull out of the water in fwd part with wavelet + light wind could produce a fastidious pitching and the boat could suffer a lot.
Fortunately the boat seems cope well with this situation, the pitching isn’t so much and, compared with the IOM that sail together, it is similar.
With 4-5 knots in close-hauled the hull keep a good and long lwl and it is stable also with wavelet how you’d see in the video.

This time there wasn’t sufficient wind to keep down the bow downwind, but the hull pitch down the first mm till putting the bumper near water easily and after this become harder to continue.
I’m quite sure that with heavy hair won’t be problems for the hull and could be that work better related to the normal ones. But, for the moment, these are only supposition.
Next works will be on the mast and mainsail because its actual shape is not OK and, after these, I’ll perform new tests in different wind conditions.

Other info on: http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/navimodellismo-vela/234966-magic-urca-ac120-studi-di-forme-e-sistemi-costruttivi-ispirati-iacc-e-ac100-35.html

Now it is online the complete reporting of launch on my internet site

http://www.progetto-urca.com/urca/progettando/AC120/index.htm

bye

1.8m

Another from today:

In order to complete mine previous answer any photo of the new tests in Mirabilandia and Vercelli to verify boat speed against hi level IOM

Mirabilandia - ravenna 7-14 Knots and a little wave

conclusion: A little bit better than IOM with good angle but not so good speed: the mainsail need big changes in shape to obtain good results because it is evident that don’t work well

Vercelli: light breeze and flat water.
new mainsail with less camber shape allow very good speed also in light breeze: the new gibe has to be tested but has got better shape according to new mainsail

Start in light breeze

Speed test with Borin e Felcini

Finish line

With quite zero wind work very well in close hauled with quick re-start in gusts and need optimization in down wind
Now other 2 mainsail has been prepared and 2 new head sails are on work.

Also the “sparring partner” will be prepared after the Footy Gold Cup for the final tests in the weeks before the IACC Italian Cup.

Till a little bit of work to arrive as better as possible to the competition…

Light air testing with the “A” sails 5-7 knots

Light air testing with the “A” sails 5-7 knots of wind

Hi RC sailors,

i´m a new member in the RCSAILING forum.

My interests are AC-multihulls, foiler and wingsail technology:cool:

I´d like to draw your atantion to my actual AC45-Foiler project!

Enjoi the following pictures and vid´s and have much fun:D
but note, the project isn´t just finished!

[video=youtube_share;bhHOVIBHdiw]http://youtu.be/bhHOVIBHdiw[/video]

[video=youtube_share;rhgI1TeOW00]http://youtu.be/rhgI1TeOW00[/video]

Not afraid to admit your comentars.

so long and have a good flight:cool:
Hydroptere

Very very impressive & looking forward to watching your progress, the purpose of the tow testing was to see lift/stability provided by the foils at speed, looked like it was porpoising !? did the platform to include the rig weight ?

Cheers Alan

claudio V,

it looks like you have a radial jib fitting…

do you have any close-ups of the set-up?

Hi Marc
radial jib fitting? I 'm using a jib with radial panels only on my AC/10

I’m sorry, but I do not understand exactly what you are asking: what post and detail of my boat you mean?
Could you make a “quote” of images or part of the post on which you want clarification?
Thanks

post 62, pic #3 the jib boom setup…

Hi mark

The ball bearing jib boom is one of th HATU of Magic Urca AC120 and is similar to the system used on Urca For Record and for the first version of mine AC/10.

The complete sequence of installation of the mechanic part of the jib boom is starting from this link
http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/navimodellismo-vela/234966-magic-urca-ac120-studi-di-forme-e-sistemi-costruttivi-ispirati-iacc-e-ac100-33.html#post3179309
In Italian, of course, but photos are international :wink:
there is the part internal at the hull

The jib Boom rotate on ball bearings, the rotating axis is a carbon tube dia 12 mm
The axis is provided on the top of a micrometric screw for the regulation of the jib twist

On the fwd part of boom there is an elastic connected to the bow with the possibility of adjustate pretention that allow to counterbalance the boom weight

In the rear part of the boom there is adjustable point of attachment for the jib

Here the 3d of mechanics

other clarification
http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/navimodellismo-vela/234966-magic-urca-ac120-studi-di-forme-e-sistemi-costruttivi-ispirati-iacc-e-ac100-14.html#post2712873

Unfortunately the complete project of Magic Urca AC120 witn 3d models and all the detailed dwgs of all the parts (ball bearing jib boom also) will remain “reserved” or “too much expensive” (more detail in PM only)
I’m sorry, but I don’t want to speak more about what happened, if you want any clarification you’d ask Alan that knows all the history

Bye

thanks for the pic and links…

Hi guys,

here it is…:cool:

[video=youtube_share;nZZaZjBbnMA]http://youtu.be/nZZaZjBbnMA[/video]

Question: Didn’t see it foil at all during the video - did/does it?
Question: Didn’t pay attention to first part of video - but does it tack … or gybe only?

Looks like has lots of potential Andreas, congratulations … flying Jib would make give it some grunt (power) once you have wing AoA sorted :cool: