My RC Luna Rossa IACC

Hey all, I was looking for plans for USA 61 (America One from 2000). Anyone know where I might be able to find these?

Thanks,
Daniel
daniel_ellis@comcast.net

I just tried to download it in different computers and it worked without problems. Maybe it was a temporary server problem, try again and if you still cannot download it write me and i’ll email it to you.
Ciao!

Chicco /)

Federico Nardone
http://digilander.libero.it/velarc
soon online: www.velarc.it

File was able to be opened and even saved as a JPEG format.

No problems at this end !

Download Attachment: [ ita45_plan.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/200421114399_ita45_plan.jpg)
44.16KB

great thinks dick
i knew i could count on you
ihave drawing of nzl 60 too. but pm me and tell me how to post it. your a good friend
cougar
long live the iacc

Cougar —
Just cause you are now a “moderator” - don’t get all mushy !

send me the file at:
dick.lemke@co.dakota.mn.us
If you want me to post.

If you want to give it a try, start a message topic. Directly below the field in which you type is a button that says “Insert File”. Click on this, then enter the full path of where you have the file stored (you can use the “BROWSE” to find the file), and click on “Upload”. If the file size isn’t too big, it will upload with a link like mine did. If file is too big, (size wise) it will tell you that too - and won’t load. In that case - see instructions on where to email the file (above)!

Note - what I posted is a JPG format (photo file) and it WILL NOT provide a really good enlargement to whatever scale you are building. If you need some enlarged cross sections - let me know what size you need (across the beam at specific station - or just maximum beam) so I can set up scale realtionship when I enlarge and print them. There are 12 “Shadow templates” (stations) and once I know maximum beam, you (I) can calculate spacing between the cross sections.

Do you have a KINKO’s or similar printing company nearby? I can email you the DXF or DWG format file and you can take to them for printing - or maybe an engineering /architectural company or service?

If all else fails, send address and I can send them via post office too.

Doubt if I will spend time on r/c model, but moving to new office later in year and a half-hull hanging on a wall would be nice!

Cougar - here are your photos and drawings. At about 35 inches in size, there are few forums that will accept that big of a file to post!

Anyone interested - can email Cougar for a zipfile of the line drawings.

The following images are posted on behalf of Cougar - contact him with questions or comments.

Hull Cross Section Lines: [ smNZL60-1.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/20042121485_smNZL60-1.jpg)
41.92KB

Hull/Sail Plan Profile Lines: [ smNZL60-2.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/200421214825_smNZL60-2.jpg)
32.83KB

Cougar’s Wooden Hull & Building Board: [ smCougarHull.JPG](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/200421214845_smCougarHull.JPG)
19.99KB

there you go guys
thanks dick
now nobody has exuses not to build one. jezzz i have no plans, i don know how to do it,
you are one of the good guys
cougar

As noted earlier, I don’t think I will build to the 47 inch actual size for this potential class, but I have redone the line drawings of PRADA and reduced them to 24 inches overall length.

I plan to do a half-hull for office wall. At 24 inches total length, the stations are spaced 2 inches apart. I will be able to use standard 2" thick home insulation foam for each section of hull between templates. I will make the cross section templates from “chip board” (cardboard like the back of legal tablets) and glue in foam between each of the stations. Once glued up, I will be able to shape and sand down the foam until I touch the carboard templates. Once shaped, a single layer of .5 oz. (very fine weave - aircraft glass cloth) can cover and be faired and filled where necessary - then painted. Once removed from the building board, the foam half-hull will be attached to a nice mahogany board of appropriate size.

Will do a few photos as I go along. Thanks to Cougar and Federico for furnishing the line drawings.

Here is a 3D CAD model of a (full size)ACC class yacht.
This one was never built…
I will pass on the file to anyone that asks.

Download Attachment: ACyacht.jpg
44.82KB

My “Little Lunie” (or Loonie for you certain - ahem - “Canucks” who insist on giving your money names [:D])

Cougar - just to let you know the “Little Luna” project is on. They moved the date of my move to new office up to April, so thought I would get started on the half-hull for office wall. Courtesy of your provided line drawings of the IACC boat “LUNA ROSSA”, here is a log of building activities.

1. Took lines provided by Courgar and reduced them on copier to an overall length of 24 inches total.

2. Reduced cross section lines same percent and made multiple copies to use as “shadow templates”.

3. Cut out general side view of hull lines. Taped side view to build board which is nothing more than three sheets of “chipboard” (cardboard).

4. Spray glued and attached each of the multiple cross sections to another piece of “chipboard”. I made up 14 sets (a couple of extra in case of error). Once glued to the backerboard, the cross sections were cut out with scissors.
    Sideview Layout on Cardboard Building Base: [ smLunaLayout.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/dick lemke/200422222328_smLunaLayout.jpg)
    46.91KB

5. Each of the cross sections were temporarily taped to the side view of the hull in their proper position. This way they will be in order when it comes time to start cutting filler foam sections.

Temporary Cross Section Placement: [ smLunaTemplate.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/dick lemke/2004222223415_smLunaTemplate.jpg)
33.68KB

Approximate time to this point: 2 Hours or less.

<u>NEXT STEP:</u>
Cut pieces of 2 inch thick foam to insert between each of the shadow templates. Use hot-wire to cut foam using a template on each side of the foam. This will provide a shaped section of the hull between each “station”. Once lined up to waterline and glued together, the general shape of the hull will be formed. Will sand, fair with light filler, then cover with layer of glass/epoxy cloth.

Will edit with updates as I proceed.

great job dick
you took what i wanted to do. and show the people who did not know how easy it was to build these. it looks great. keep up the good work. i now have plans for nzl 32 and 60 and ita 45 . so anybody who want them contact me
cougar
keep up the great work dick

1 - 20 scale accc class yachts will displace around 3.1kg.
I don’t think the idea of a IOM keel bulb will work somehow!
Brett

brett .
i know what you meen. 2.5 kg does seem like not enough. but i have the hull in my workshop. and you would be surpised how simular the IOM and the IACC20 boat is the same. the big difference is the overhanges. the bow and the stern. the waterline is I meter. and If you can run a IOM with a 2,5 kg bulb . i realy dont see that much of a diffencence with a peivce of boat hull NOT in the water. chicco seems to not have a problem. and I am hoping mine wont either. i know what you are thinking. iand i hope maybe just maybe. the sailor can make the adjustment?
i think i can
cougar

overall displacment will be around 3.1 kg.
with a 2.5kg bulb it leaves 700g for the rest of the boat.
If heavier your boat will not sit on its “lines”
Brett

Brett
so far my hull wieghs 450 grams. not includeing the radio, or rudder, just the bare hull. so i might be able to come in around 3 kg. but i wont know untill the boat is finished. have you talked with chicco about his boat? his runs right now. and you can get direct info from him. i think this will just be a bigger IOM. basicaly and IOM with overhangs. and a litlle bigger mainsail
cougar

This might be in the wrong topic.
But for all you NZL 32 fans, I think this is a model of her. Hanging at the Auckland International Airport along with a white version in the Line 7 Store.

Download Attachment: DSC01227.JPG
54.54KB

Download Attachment: DSC01228.JPG
56.47KB

Download Attachment: DSC01229.JPG
52.74KB

Download Attachment: DSC01231.JPG
41.41KB

Download Attachment: DSC01232.JPG
54.48KB

P.S. It looked about 6 meters long (20 foot for you yanks)

john
thanks for the shots. they look great, I dont know what boat it is. but i think it could be nzl 81. the paintscheme on the bulb says nzl 81. but the bulb loko wrong. but who cares. those are great looking hulls. the white one i have no clue. anybody? now how do we get them down and rc em:-)
lol
thanks for the info.
cougar
luver of the iacc

hello ac fans,
i have plans/lines of the luna rossa,from an italian site. jus email me and i’ll send a copy
ed

Look at this site http://jcolliot.free.fr/boat/

there are more detailed plans for Luna Rossa and many others [:-bigeyes]

jose
these are the plans that is started from. my hull is done. i am rightnow working on the rig and sail plans. there is enough information there to build. i took 3 weeks to draw a wire frame model on the hull. before i started to plank the hull. if you want drawings . I have drawings for ita 45.nzl32( thanks peter) nzl 60, and usa 75( oracle) . if you want these. email me . and i wil get you them
cougar
long live the cup