micro recievers?

There’s no need to be programming each boat into your transmitter. I have several sailboats, tugs, electric, etc., and I have them all set up to the radio. It’s part of the usual boat builing & setup. I will occasionally adjust a trim for weather or water conditions, but all I need to do is turn it on, and it’s ready to go.

Even when I adjust a trim for something while boating, it only requires moving the little lever a few clicks, instead of pressing a bunch of buttons with the radio beeping and annoying people.

Why bother complicating your life in order to “simplify it?” The point is that the older radios are just as capable as the newer ones, if you take a little time and learn about model boating instead of computer programming.

to put the smaller lighter weight stuff in the smaller boats only makes sense…

That’s exactly why we need to locate a manufacturer for smaller receivers, like the Berg units. Not only can sailors use it, but other boaters, cars & trucks, hovercraft, and any other kind of surface craft. Why haven’t the manufacturers been building them??

thx

yes before i went 2.4 I set up each model and so it woudl not be a issue to need to program. but now that I’ve got the ability o program. Ive been able to standardize my servos. IE I can buy one rudder servo drop it in and use the programing capabilities of the DX to limit throw, extend throw, ect fit each models requirements. case in point with he 507. I was getting interference from the sail arm and rudder servo since the sail arm servo had too much throw. dial in the amount of throw I needed (only about 60*) and I’m back in business.

There is nothing wrong with the old style radios. and as more and more people go to 2.4 you wont have any crystal swapping issues and if you break a radio or a receiver, they’ll be a dime a dozen to replace.

for me it was like switching from dos to windows. I fought and fought and finally gave in and made the switch. and for the most part It’s been a good a thing…

Tooling costs and profit margins for producing what is now retro equipment and separate crystals when the market is moving toward a new technology probably.

How many of you out there remember my points in the battery debate about advancing technology and the need to keep our class in the forefront of these developments?

Tomo, have cheer though, this means that there will be more used, low end AM and FM units showing up on E-Bay. No micro receivers unfortunately.

The spead spectrum technology has its advantages, but of all the people I’ve known with the programmable ‘computer radios,’ most sold it all or just tossed irin the trash to go back to the analog stuff. Things will have to get even more better for it to be desirable.

if you know of any other who are tossing them in the trash I’ll pay shipping to my house. and I’ll properly dispose of em on ebay…

FWIW

I just got the dx6i in the mail…yesterday… worked a 14 yesterday so no time(must sleep) to play with it…

100 bucks to my door… I guess they got the voltage regulator problem solved. since it only takes 4 AA now…much lighter than the dx6

They didn’t toss any 2.4 stuff. Just the AM PPM stuff.

Here are some 1g micro receivers: http://www.microinvent.com/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=40

I think you’ll enjoy the DX6i Marc. Programming is a breeze, pretty intuitive like the JR system which I think it has links with.

Graham

Just as a place holder for reference, as of today, 82% of those registered for the NCR are 2.4’s

you mean its easier the dx6…which was pretty easy…

Graham how long do your AA’s last in the 6i…I did the voltage regulator mod in the dx6 and so far have been unable to kill a standard dx6 rechargeable pack with a days sailing… Maybe I’ll canablize on of my spare packs for the 6i so I have a rechargable set for that as well.