Just [edited] STOP!!!!!!!!!!

Got your attention? I hope so.
This has got to the absoulute limit. Quite frankly I’m totally pissed off with the crap that is drowning this forum. This has to stop.<font color=“red”>NOW.</font id=“red”>
This has got to the point where chad and the forum itself is getting attacked, currently 8/12 threads are just slagging matches or have turned into them.

<font color=“red”>Chad; I have the time to moderate this whole forum if you want me to, if not it has to be split between some ppl. I’m sure Wis, Cougar and others might help (please guys!?) </font id=“red”>

To anyone that may be offended by the title of this post and wonder why a moderator is posting in such a way: Im sorry but its peanuts compared to what else is being thrown around on here.

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Mattew

Now you know how some of us feel, when Doug pulls the crap he does.

-Dan

Matthew…
I could help…if you or Chad want to…but I ll be strict [:p]

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Thanks Wis, Can you e-mail and/or PM Chad to tell him that… Its got to be sorted

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Matt you have my support. but i will help if called upon. but i will ned help in doing this. i am not offended my the language . you may get the response i tried to get with my last post. chad should not have to be attacked. i feel like i am defending a person i have never met. agianst people whom i dont know
if somebody would tll me what i have to do. I will be a moderator
even tough i dont think i am quilified to do the job. i would be willing to help
and to everyone on the board
MY NAME IS
LLOYD GEORGE ERTEL jr
I have been and always will be a sailor

Lloyd, Will you be checking our post for correct grammar, spelling and typos? [:-eyebrows]
If so, you have my vote buddy![:D]

Thanks Lloyd, You dont need much knowlege to moderate. If you could do new classes, I know you have interest in that area! E-mail/pm chad about it if you want to do it… Thanks again both of you, anyone else want to help?

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Matt,

Here, Here!!![:-crazy]

I can’t promise alot of time as I maintain my own board, but this crap has got to come to a screetching ‘gd’ halt!!!.

For all the adverseries out there, please remember this is a hobby!!!. No one’s life, or livelyhood depend on this board. I hope all posters remember that this is a public forum that directly reflects R/C Sailing, and ALL those that participate in the sport.

I hope we could keep in mind that the purpose here is to discuss R/C Sailing, and to help the newly interested to find a wealth and breadth of knowledge to help them in this hobby.

If you all wish to air dirty laundry, that is your choice, but keep in mind, the perception of our hobby is directly linked to this and other sites that discuss R/C sailing.

The last several weeks have done NOTHING TO ESPOUSE R/C SAILING, OR IN THE RECRUITMENT OF NEW SAILORS OR SUPPORTERS OF THIS HOBBY!!!

Have any of you noticed the percipitous drop in posts accros the board beyond the “Bitch Sessions in the Local Pub”

This bodes ill for all that truly want to discuss, or are interested in RC Sailing, and only impacts the ability of this hobby to attract and keep new sailors. Beyond classes, boats, and technology, nothing is more important than attracting fresh faces that wish to enjoy the beuaty and grace, and fellowship of R/C yachting.

We lose that folks, and we might as well mount the boats on the wall as decorations, and start buying R/C cars.

We are too small a group, and in the scheme of Radio Control, barely surviving. This in-fighting diminishes us all, and may have effects that, in the long term not only jeopardize this forum, but this hobby as well.

Lets’ clean up our act–PLEASE!!!

Chris

I have time to do the “general discussion”. My physics background has given me enough knowledge to keep people honest. If there is unacceptable post, I will contact the user and allow them to voluntarily change it, If they refuse I can make the changes required to make the post acceptable acceptable.

-Dan

I have nothing against Doug or anyone else on this forum, and I’ve been silently observing what’s been going down here for some time. The bottom line is, right now the only thing that people are going to see when they look at this forum is people bickering about whatever, and not talking about RC sailing, which is what the forum is about. I have to agree completely with Matt and say enough is enough! Lets get back to what this forum is supposed to be about before we lose to many people who are turned off by what’s been going on.

Andy

Air Capitol Model Sailing Club
www.acmsc.org

I’m just curious though, what will be done about false accusations like these? Do they get to stay on the board? Do they continue to get posted even when I stated that they were far from true?

Matthew?

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”> I have received e-mails from many of the ones making a holier than thou case out of this equally as “bad” or much worse than using the word “idiot”. <hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”> I have received e-mail from Roy Langbord(who outright lied saying he had never sent one) and from Greg Vasilev and Dick Lemke-many of those could have beed termed abusive<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”> it has come to my attention that both Dan Sherman and Greg Vasilev have apparently hacked into this website and gone to my PERSONAL ACCOUNT<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”> Whatever you call it Dan Sherman and Greg Vasilev went into my personal account on this website removed information from it and published it without my permission<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”> A few weeks ago in this section Greg Vasilev under the "Must read newbies " heading publically attacked Chad-and this forum. <hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Hey, Greg drop it, You’re sounding like a skipping record. If we have moderators it will be up to them what they do about ‘off’ posts. Most of those things would never have been said if there was some forum control going on. Do you want to help moderate?

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

I have emailed and pmed chad offering to moderate the “general dissusion” forum.

-Dan

same here

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

I have been on here now for about a month, and it seems strange to me that the only topic in that time where posts came on a friendly manner was under a “superbowl” heading.

That post has the right attitude, now if only the same attitude could be included in posts about r/c sailing.
Peter

Matthew - let me remind you of a couple of “FACTS” - you know, those pesky little pieces of detail that Doug and a few others here seem to ignore ?

The FACT is that the thread was initiated BY CHAD. If you recall - he’s the administrator and he’s the guy that ALLOWS you to be a moderator!

For those of you having short attention spans, and are now in a rush to create “moderators” - here is a little tid-bit - a reminder if you will - of a post made by the Administrator of the forum… I added color for ease of reference to two general points - please read them and try to understand what was posted - OK?
<hr noshade size=“1”>
<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”> Posted - Dec 07 2003 : 11:14:52 PM - by CHAD
<hr noshade size=“1”>
Hmm… What to say?
For anybody who isn’t aware I put this nice button called Alert Moderatorat the bottom of every post in order to help things from getting out of hand. But I dont think anybody realizes it or they dont care to use it ???

Please try to stay on Topic…(and limit reposting of information “linking works too”)

Dick- your information to this site is very important to me and would encourage you to stay and leave the topics that you created for others who are in need of help.

<font color=“red”>Doug</font id=“red”>- relax on the hype bit.(<font color=“red”>Your also being added to the “watch list” for the next 15 days which will still allow you to post just it tracks them due to complaints brought to my attention.</font id=“red”>) Like what Matthew pointed out.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”> By Matthew
If you wish to refer to somthing youve posted already can you not just put a link in your post and say where the information is on the page?; it just means that those who already know about what you are refering to dont have to read it all over again, its just a little less tedious. Also do please do not attack criticism of your ideas as an attack on you, the forum is for the dicussing of ideas not the defending of them. I do understand your frustration at the all out blocks that some ppl put out as soon as somthing other than somthing with two sails an some immoveable lead is mentioned, but thats up to them. <hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”> By Chad:
sorry couldn’t have said it better. <hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>
Mattew Lingley:
Chad- I think we need some sensible moderators in some of the discussion areas if this forum isnt to become a total joke. <hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Still searching for somebody who is willing to step forward and mod some sections?
Volunteers anybody?

To everybody Else-
Thank you all for your support and sticking here. I m excited for some free time to open up and get developing on some new features comin up. This forum helps so many that I would love to see it continue, so thank you to all who have helped it to get where it is today.
CHAD OUT<font color=“red”>Just a reminder… use the darn Admin Alert so that I can find out what is going on sooner and it makes it a ton lot easier to resolve the problem</font id=“red”>.
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>
<hr noshade size=“1”>

So as noted in several of my recent posts - I have tried the “Moderator” button - and no response. I have sent Chad a “Private Message” - and no response. Finally, I sent an email to Chad and posted the same mesage on the forum - guess what? No response.

So seeing as how most of these topics fall within the “PUB” which was developed and initiated by the Administrator (against some questions about it being a good idea)- it is actually quite humorous (in a strange way) seeing everyone line up when - In FACT, Doug was given a 15 day “probation period” which didn’t seem to sink in. And that was way back in December. Just like in school, we all get punished for the fact the one troublemaker must keep posting and baiting - and then yells “foul” when someone responds.

Yet - IF, someone had the balls to end Doug’s on-going rants, whines and complaints about “personal attacks” as a last defense, and if he had been banned as he was in WindPower as soon as he reinstated his posts after his 15 day probation, - think about how much of what has happened would be gone - and it wouldn’t be even an issue.

Yet now, and all of a sudden, everyone is taking up arms to clean up what was basically, caused by one person who couldn’t/wouldn’t answer questions about some of the claims he was making, and the ugly response he was making to those who questioned him - something that some of us have been posting and pointing out for several months now.

Glad you guys are on top of this one in such a timely manner !![:-boring]

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by Matthew Lingley

Hey, Greg drop it, You’re sounding like a skipping record. If we have moderators it will be up to them what they do about ‘off’ posts. Most of those things would never have been said if there was some forum control going on. Do you want to help moderate?

Luff 'em & leave 'em.
Hey Matthew, I kinda want to say “screw you” on this post. Look at my prevuious post and see who has the “skipping record” problem here.

…just to note here, I offered to moderate the New Boat Owners section way over a month ago, but I never heard back from Chad…

<font color=“red”> Added this:</font id=“red”> Ya know Matthew, I may be slow about these things, but I’m trying to locate just where else I complained about those DL post, but I just can?t seem to find it anywhere. Can you point it out to me? Since you seem to think that I sound like a ?skipping record", I figure you must know where they are?

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by Peter _Birch

I have been on here now for about a month, and it seems strange to me that the only topic in that time where posts came on a friendly manner was under a “superbowl” heading.

That post has the right attitude, now if only the same attitude could be included in posts about r/c sailing.
Peter
I agree Peter. Interesting that a certain person was not involved in that topic. I think you may see that pattern here…

In reference to Dicks enlightening post above, I guess this is where I am a bit out of sorts.

I too followed Chad?s directions with reference to the DL post that I posted above. I never heard back from Chad, and the false accusations still remain. It seems that DL sent Chad a complaint about a certain post and now it?s gone. I ain?t so happy about that

But, I do not want to contribute to the lingering problem here. I will try and just sit back and let this forum take its course. It will be an interesting journey I think?..

Been away sailing IOM’s in Florida, a great event, over 30 boats…

I have long thought that moderators would make a huge improvement to this site. What doesn’t help though is having the inmates in charge of the asylum.

For example, I find it sort of funny that our sole volunteer "moderator’ calls for better behavior by starting a thread with the “F-Word”. 'Bout as offensive as you can get to most people…

I also find it a little funny that given the close relationship between Matthew and Doug Lord that he has not made any effort to change Doug’s behavior in any way…

All in all, I think this site would work a lot better if Chad were back, he always seemed neutral and fair minded. However, bringing in “moderators” who take sides in disputes only makes things worse not better…