Footy-Italia.it a new resource for the Footy RC!

This just in from my new friend in Italy.
Cheers

Hi all!
I’m glad to inform you about a new site in Italy for the Footy rc: www.footy-italia.it. (only in Italian right now)
We’re trying to collect as much info as possible on this wonderful rc class and to find more people to grew up the fleet in Italy.
The Footy Italia Team (who participate to the last Footy Gold Cup in Le Havre) want to thank you in advance for the support in the Footy world.

Best Regards
Seantiago.
www.footy-italia.it

Hallo,
ich freue mich immer wieder, wenn sich die Footy Class entwickelt. Neue Footy Webseiten sind ein Ausdruck dafür. Besonders beobachte ich die Entwicklung der Footy Class in Italien. Ich konnte ja selbst im vergangenem Jahr am Footy Gold Cup in Sestriere teilnehmen. Die Entwicklung dieser noch recht jungen RC-Segelklasse wird wesentlich geprägt durch das Mitglied der IFCA Flavio Faloci. Entsprechend der Statuten der IFCA ( http://footy.rcsailing.net/charter.pdf) gehört er dem Executive Committee of the FCA als ordentlich gewähltes und bestätigtes Mitglied an. Als italienischer Registrar der IFCA registriert er nicht nur seine Mitglieder, sondern er versucht ein aktives Footy Leben zu entwickeln. Er hat nahezu 100 Footy Boote registriert, organisiert internationale Footy Regatten und hat mich selbst unterstützt bei der Durchführung des Euro Footy Grand Prix 2011 in Konstanz. Ein großen Beitrag hat er mit seinem Footy Buch geleistet. Über 100 Boote sind gebaut worden.
An dieser Stelle möchte ich mir erlauben darauf hinzuweisen. Die Seite Footy-Italia.it ist nicht die offizielle Seite der Italienischen Klassenvereinigung ist. Über diese Seite können nicht Boots und Segelnummern vergeben werden. Das verwenden jeglicher IFCA Dokumente über die Footy Class (z. B. Vermessung- und Racingregeln usw.) ist nur denjenigen Gruppen zu gewähren , die die IFCA anerkennen. Nach den Regeln der IFCA erfolgt bei einer internationalen Footy Regatta, die Meldung zur Teilnahme in Abstimmung mit den jeweiligen Registrar der IFCA.
Über die offizielle Seite der italienischen Footy Class
Footy.it
Sito ufficiale della classe Footy RC Italiana
wird das geregelt.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Neu-Ulm/Deutschland

Koordinator und Präsident der IFCA

Hi RGSAILOR,

I understand that you cannot be aware of what it is going on with the Footy Class in Italy.

I’m surprised that a new created “Footy site” in Italy need abroad support from somebody else outside Italy to get promotional support and using this forum as a “Post Office”

So far what I can say, the official recognized Footy Body in Italy is : “Footy.it”.

Footy.it is the “registrar” according to the IFCA Charter for Italy.
Footy.it is the only body authorized to provide Sailing Numbers for Italy.
Footy.it is the recognized body that can organize Italian Championship and Gold Cup when held in Italy, among all other racing occurrences at regional level.

What is role of this new Footy-Italia , except confusing minds abroad ?

ClaudioD

PS:
TomFooty ha already expressed his opinion and I agree with that ! Off course I used the Google translator as everybody !

Hi Footy-friends,

Thomas (tomfooty) informed me about his post in this forum. He asked me to do a short translation of his statement. (maybe it would be possible for a moderator to put this translation right next to the statement of tomfooty???)

So here it is:
[i]I’m always glad to hear that the Footy-Class gets further developed. New Footy-Websites are a proofe for such development. Especially I follow the development of the italien part of the footy-class.
Luckily I was able to participate at the Footy Gold Cup in Sestriere last year. The IFCA member, and official registrar for Italy, Flavio Faloci played an important role in developing the class. Following the charter (http://footy.rcsailing.net/charter.pdf) of the IFCA Flavio Faloci is part of the Executive Committee of the IFCA and therefore elected and confirmed by the executive committee.
As registrar for Italy he not only registers sailnumbers for Italian footy-sailors, but he tries to develop an active “footy-life”. He registered nearly 100 boats, organises Footy-Races and supported me organising and conducting the Euro Footy Grand Prix 2011 in Konstanz (Germany). A huge input was his book about Footy-Boats. More than 100 boats were built.

At this point I’d like to indicate the following points:

• The website Footy-Italia.it is not the official website of the Italian Footy-Class-Association
  • Over this website sailnumbers and boats can’t be registered
  • Making use of the official documents of the Footy-Class (e.g. racingrules and measurement rules) is not permitted for people that not recognize the IFCA as an authority.
  • After the rules of IFCA any registration for an international event must be verified by the official local registrar of IFCA.

To sum up it is important to highlight that the official Italian Footy-Website is footy.it (sito ufficiale della classe Footy RC Italiana).
Greetings from Neu-Ulm/Germany
Chairman of the IFCA, Thomas[/i]

From my point of view there’s mainly one aspect that is wrong with this new site footy-italia.it:
On the whole website no link to the official website footy.it can be found. The owners of this site pretend to be the official site for Italian footy-sailors. Although it provides a lot of information about footy-sailing, it does not show the correct way of how to register a boat in Italy.
From Switzerland,
Jonas

Well done Jonas, thank you !!
ClaudioD

Hi All and sorry for not presenting my self before.

I’m an Italian Footy owner, 37 years old and come from Turin in northern Italy… and in this last time finding some problems with my site footy-italit.it and the group i take part.

Please allow me to let you know what Footy-Italia and the Footy Italia Team really is

• The website Footy-Italia.it is not the official website of the Italian Footy-Class-Association

AND IT NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE! Like you can check every time you want in this site it is only supposed to be an achievents of footy news, info, links projects, a place where people can meet and decide to regatta togheder and the site of the footy italian team who partecipate to the last gold cup in le havre.

• Over this website sailnumbers and boats can’t be registered

AND THERE ARE NO PLACE in this website WHERE YOU CAN DO IT. In the link page there is the name and the link of all the footy registrars in the world so anyone can find the one. You can find also a page for footy-italia sailors and friens, but in any case no ones cares about the sail numer and no place in the site are dedicated to do this, Flavio Faloci is correctly indicated as our registrars AS ALWAYS FOUND in the site.

• Making use of the official documents of the Footy-Class (e.g. racingrules and measurement rules) is not permitted for people that not recognize the IFCA as an authority.

This is quite a miss understanding for me. If means with racing rules you mean regatta rules… If you mean with racingrules - footy rules, I thins that a page of this rules (translated if possible) should be in every page that talks of footy possibly.

• After the rules of IFCA any registration for an international event must be verified by the official local registrar of IFCA.

Like well showed and linked in our links page.

Now, overall the words up there and to be sincere, Footy-Italia born from a dozen of friends who like footy, who wants to grew up like fleet in italy, who need to collect footy info and friends all over the world, the only reason why the only site not linked from us is footy.it is that we will never receive any visibility from this site, to say it all some of us received a sort of intimidating mails who talks about sailingnumers banning for the reason to organizing our reggattas and partecipate with our footy group, and to be true, even if we don’t care so much about sailing numbers but just trying having fun and find new friens, this is starting to becoming a little hurting.

Thanks in advance if you wuold let this ‘presentation’ and reply on.

Regards.
Cristiano Santiglia. (alias Santiago)
Footy ITA 76.
web master of footy-italia.it

Cristiano,
why you are “exporting” your problems here ?
In principle washing dirty linen shall be carried at home !!
ClaudioD

Hi Claudio, not really exporting problems (who don’t coming’ from me I just trying to let my site and footy group know everybody :slight_smile: )

Just answering becouse I think I’m not the only having miss understanding about this 3D.

Regards.
Santiago.

Thank you Cristiano, for your statements.
I agree in many points with you. And I’m glad to hear that your website is not intended to attack the footy-class or your local registrar Flavio.

I do not agree with you on the following quote:
"Now, overall the words up there and to be sincere, Footy-Italia born from a dozen of friends who like footy, who wants to grew up like fleet in italy, who need to collect footy info and friends all over the world, the only reason why the only site not linked from us is footy.it is that we will never receive any visibility from this site, to say it all some of us received a sort of intimidating mails who talks about sailingnumers banning for the reason to organizing our reggattas and partecipate with our footy group, and to be true, even if we don’t care so much about sailing numbers but just trying having fun and find new friens, this is starting to becoming a little hurting. "

I’m not aware of what really happend in italy (I was just informed by Flavio about the banning of one member, because I’m the official registrar for Switzerland. And I think refering to the official Footy-Charter a country registrar can ban one of his member because of several reasons.).

As you write in your statement, the only goal of your website would be to make the footy-class growing. I think this should be the goal of every country and in this point your website is really well done.
The only point that disappoints me is the fact that you confuse many footy-sailors. In order to have an overview of every single footy-sailor that sails his little boat all around the world it is important that a boat is registered (sorry, but that is what the rules say). Otherwise there will be no proof of the fact that footy-sailing becomes more common.
Registration in italy can only take place, as you pointed out, through the official footy-webpage footy.it. So to my point of view it’s a shame that this official way is not linked on your website. You do such a big work in creating a website (and I know how much work it is, since i’ve built the german-footy-webpage) and then do not link to an official website, just because of small disagreements between a group of sailors and their local registrar. That’s how small children react, but not as grown up do and definitively not as sportive sailors do. And although your statement, it seems to me that because of this point the local authority of Flavio as your country registrar is not accepted.

From Switzerland,
Jonas

Thanks Jonas for your fast reply, I will add a direct link for the number registration over of the (as usual done overall) list of all the registrars. This is a good argoumentation by you thank.

But hope you don’t mind if anyway I’ll never publicize who is trying to get me down :slight_smile:

" And I think refering to the official Footy-Charter a country registrar can ban one of his member because of several reasons."

So at least you don’t know the reason why as ben banned? Do I understand correctly?

“I think this should be the goal of every country and in this point your website is really well done.”

Thank you very much.

"The only point that disappoints me is the fact that you confuse many footy-sailors. In order to have an overview of every single footy-sailor that sails his little boat all around the world it is important that a boat is registered. Otherwise there will be no proof of the fact that footy-sailing becomes more commun. "

Not completely agree, just see the Footy-Italia like a team or a club i would say where anybody who want to join in can, and where you can find most of footy info all over the world, even if you have a not sailing footy (to be extreme). it look like it takes ‘live’ only in this last times when our group and site starts to growing. The intention is not to divide, never be, but just giving a place where people can talk about footy, regatta, news, organizing them selves for the gold cup and so on… and this place as found in footy-italia.it. this is the only targed we reaced and the only we searcing for :smiley:

“And although your statement, it seems to me that because of this point the local authority of Flavio as your country registrar is not accepted.”

Not really, well somebody may be, but sure somobody else don’t. Like in all groups in the world may be. The sure thing is that footy-italia.it shown ALWAYS the right person for this job by the site and EVERY TIME somebody ask by mail or using modules.

I’ld like, at the opposite, somebody would care about the difficoulty and intimidations we received creating our group. Believeme I ‘officially’ and unofficially also never say a bad word about other groups expecially the officials ones, or trying to discourage anyone to do anything.

That’s why I like the others do the same with Footy Italia Team.

Best Regards.
Cristiano.

Cristiano,
all in this phrase.

Big word ‘intimidating’
For sure, if some one do not respects the “Rules” or do not recognize the “registrar” authority can be expelled.
This is what’s happen in all communities !

Is not by creating a ‘dissident parallel entity’ you will brush away the “clouds” at the contrary, you will obtain the reverse reaction.
ClaudioD

Hi Cristiano,

Thanks for accepting my proposal and adding the link to your website, that’s at least one small step towards fair and sportive behaviour. (although i wished you could make the step to publish a link to footy.it as well…or at least add a note to the index-page that your page just is an addition to footy.it. That would have been real fairness!)

All in all it seems that our ideas about fairness and sportive behaviour are completely different.

For sure, I will not say anything about reasons why people are banned from the Footy-Class, because that would injure the persons rights and therefore would not be fair. As ClaudioD said: Flavio surely had his reasons for banning a person from Footy-Class, but it is part of fair and sportive behaviour not to talk about such things in public (and a forum is public!).

The main idea of the footy-class should be to achieve great success together.

From Switzerland,
Jonas

Open letter to Claudio Vigada

dear Claudio, first of all thank you for your invitation to unofficial Footy Cup Italia 2013.

I will not be there.

I have come to know you in Sestriere 2012 and now also in Le Havre 2013 as a sporting and fair RC sailors. And now I’m so disappointed about your action against the official FCA Italy. What’s making you and your colleagues is beyond all fairness. In Italy there are only one Footy Class Association and it can be only one. Namely recognized by the IFCA, in which Flavio Feloci since the foundation, is the officially approved registrar.
There is also a scandal as reported in your group about the French regatta. Sure and I agree with you, it was in
Le Havre not everything as it should be, but follows insulting to report it I find unsporting and unfair.

For these and other reasons not listed here I will not be with you in Milano. I do not sail in regattas with whom you are to be a National Cup, but were not approved by the official FCA Italy.

I want to ask you at this point as a friend, to put an end to the whole and to stop the attacks against the official FCA Italy. This includes that you take in my opinion illegal website www.footy-italia.it from the network. Change your Italian Footy Cup 2013 in to a local Footy Cup Regatta where everybody can have fun and a good conscience.

With friendly greetings
Dieter Schmitz
Footy SUI 21

You wellcome

May be, I’ld like to think both coming from freedoms to aggregate people :smiley:

You right, but I just asked you if you know “the reason why”, not to talk about it but just couse It looks like you don’t.

And hope a success will be. Even if the difficoulty.

Bye.
Cristiano.

Hi Claudio,
Using this words 'couse different mails as been sent to our group, where clearely was prospected a ban for any whose will make a regatta or partecipate with our group… Not this place where publishing mails and so on agree with all of you, but in any case…

“For sure, if some one do not respects the “Rules” or do not recognize the “registrar” authority can be expelled.
This is what’s happen in all communities !”

For sure explelling some one never meant discourage or expelling an entire group…
Claudio if want will talk about this but I really don’t care right here and don’t understand what concerning with a web site.

“Is not by creating a ‘dissident parallel entity’ you will brush away the “clouds” at the contrary, you will obtain the reverse reaction.”

And Footy-Italia.it is not a dissident parallel entity… is JUST A GROUP OF FRIENT WHO PLAY FOOTY AND REGATTA… and for me ther are no clouds to brush away, o reaction to obtain, it’s just to find footy fantastic, find a group of friend who plays, and making our web site, and believe me I’m quite very happy and proud about this. We don’t publish all the congrats mail about our work, results, and support, as the ‘intimidating’ one, in any case we never stop to play, regatting, and make associtionism, the opposite of dividing or ‘exclusiving’…

C’ya.
Cristiano.

I think that some of the rules of the IFCA should be revised.
Alone this example: How can it be possible that an exclusion from the official Italian national association member a new member No. (sail number) obtained by a Registrar of another State Association (UK). This althoug the Excluded italian is not even living in this country.
This should be impossible in any case.

didi sail
SUI 21

Forgettin’ to say thanks to a Footy Friend.

tnks brò.

Open letter to Claudio Vigada

dear Claudio, first of all thank you for your invitation to unofficial Footy Cup Italia 2013.

I will not be there.

With friendly greetings
Dieter Schmitz
Footy SUI 21

EDIT BY MODERATOR (DL)
This is basically a repeat/re-post of Post #13 (above) so the content was removed. Please refer to Post #13.

Right, this is a good way to start a flame war :wink:

Anyway, as webmaster of the footy.it site and since I was quoted, I’d like to explain a couple of things:

1. as webmaster, I always asked for help, also to your group. The last time was at the end of May (the 21th, to be precise) to someone of your group. Moreover, all of you knew the site, since you already send some reports and photos of the regattas, the dates of your regattas was published and the race calendar of the two championship was worked out to have as little overlap as possible.
    Nice method to help, I should say…

2. as webmaster I never send “intimidating mails” to anyone about banning sailnumber because your regattas. We (as Italian footy class) only asked that your regattas were run under the Italian laws, when needed, and that all the skippers where informed of potential risks (a 2/300 Euro ticket)

3. as webmaster and legal responsible of the footy.it domain, I advised on the site (that until then was acknowledged as the official italian site) that one of your regatta did not comply with the laws and that, for this reason, the footy.it site were not responsible for any problems (cancellation, modification, etc.) of the event. Your answer was a “suppressing fire” on the italian forum that end with me and Flavio banned from your regattas, ban that was appropriately removed from the forum after the regatta. (but hey, we have the screenshot :wink: ).

4. as webmaster, i was insulted and mocked when I prepared and announced a procedure to select the venue of the 2013’s Italian championship. Moreover, your group set a false entry to just mock up some more, while already working on the organization of your version of the championship, rejecting to submit your entry and to notify me and/or Flavio. The false entry was confirmed by ClaudioV to me and to Flavio, while your intention to set up your own Italian Championship was confirmed (and discovered) just because I spoke with the guys of the club during a regatta (and yes, we also have written confirmation about this)

5. as webmaster, I don’t see the necessity to link a site crated by people that:

• explicitally stated “I will boycott every activity promoted by the footy.it site”

• stated that “… the footy class is unable to take off because is currently in the hand of a band of clowns…” referring to the Footy Gold
      Cup 2013 organization and to the IFCA

Just to put the things in the right perspective…

bye
Gianluca (webmaster of www.footy.it)

I think that some of the rules of the IFCA should be revised.
Alone this example: How can it be possible that an exclusion from the official Italian national association member a new number No. (sail number) obtained by a Registrar of another State Association (UK). This althoug the Excluded italian is not even living in this country.
This should be impossible in any case.

didi sail
SUI 21