Combine the multihull classes

“Evidence”? Go to www.microsail.com for pictures and video.
I haven’t checked with Quantas but I deal frequently with Bax- Global. They picked up a set of hydrofoils for my fullsize 16 footer at the shop where they wer built in Perth, Western Australia and delivered them to my front door for $300US(bigger than a mini 40). Be sure if someone quotes you a price that it is Door to Door and that you check the Duty that will be charged.
I just delivered an America One to Italy-the boat cost $3500 and the Italians charged an $800EUR Duty!(about $1000)
I talked today with my German customer who is about to recieve another America One and he expects the same kind of duty. If you talk to anyone about importing a boat be sure to get all the facts: door to door delivery, customs handling and Duty are among the most important-oh:be sure it is crated in at least 3/4"(19mm) plywood and that it is insured.
Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Doh!!!

couldnt see the X3!!!
“The X3 hydrofoil can be taken apart quickly and easily for transport.
PICTURES (we hope) COMING FALL OF 2003”

in what year are you Doug???..I am in 2004! [:p]

Peace

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by Peter _Birch

Although there are boats being built privately, the Nightmare or the Australian boat are currently (to my knowledge) the only ones available to purchase through builders. <hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Peter - there is also Anthony Wright building/selling both trimaran and catamaran out of the U.K.

Like any overseas purchase, the costs to buy “locally” are much less expensive than to import. I believe there is no US “import” duty when the product is declared to be a “toy” - as opposed to Doug’s manufactured custom application which could hardly be labled as a “toy”. Not positive - but I believe this is what “Customs” told me about two years ago.

Thanks for that Dick, I was not aware of Anthony Wright and stand corrected.
Peter

Dick,
I mailed a lot to Ant…he NEVER told about any import duty!!just wondering?
or only Doug’s have this kind of “present” included??
could be another thing…relations between USA and Europe are a bit “hot” lately…could explain the duty too.

I did order stuff from the USA and didnt have this duty!

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

PS Ant’s url:
http://www.apolloboatservices.co.uk/

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Wis - and others.

Living here at a “Port of Entry” (Minneapolis) I will be happy to contact local customs office and get the straight dope.

Just give a few days to roound it up?

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by lorsail

“Evidence”? Go to www.microsail.com for pictures and video.
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

<font color=“green”><font size=“2”>WOW - Hot Damn ! Yahoo ! FINALLY - some photos on a web site!</font id=“size2”></font id=“green”>

<font color=“red”><font size=“3”>OH CRAP ! no F-48/X-3 photos there! Looked all over! F3 foiler is there - but that doesn’t fit the class or discussion topic. A larger “DISCONTINUED” trimaran is there, but that doesn’t fit the class or the discussion topic! </font id=“size3”></font id=“red”>

Did I miss something? Is Mr. Lord going “off-topic” ? This <u>WAS</u> about Mini40/F-48 and suddenly he is pointing to discontinued or non-class legal efforts - none of which lend themselves to the topic at hand. Certainly the monohulls sailing aren’t legal in either F-48/Mini40 Classes. What exactly is Mr. Lord’s point in pointing to some older products? Why aren’t any “new” ones posted - you know, the ones we have heard about for over 3 years? You know - the ones that are “supposed” to be F-48/Mini40 rules compliant? You know, the F-48 catamaran that was (claimed) to be sold to buyers in Europe - where even “they” haven’t seen any participation in organized events!

Did I miss something here? The discussion <font color=“green”><u>was</u></font id=“green”> about F-48/Mini40 multihulls - and the photos and ideas presented by Peter seemed to be of a boat fitting that class - yet, once again, Mr. Lord is using his famous “Smoke & Mirrors” technique of pointing to products that aren’t available, aren’t multihulls, or don’t fit the class about which the discussion is based upon. Simple question: <u><font color=“red”>Why?</font id=“red”></u>

Thanks, Wis I’ll get David Goebel to correct that. But there is a reason "hopefully"is in that quote. The X3 has been delayed but the F3 shown on our website is almost identical with the exact same ama’s, foils and rig type as the X3.The boats when complete will appear identical with the exception of the retractable foils on the X3.

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by Dick Lemke

Wis - and others.

Living here at a “Port of Entry” (Minneapolis) I will be happy to contact local customs office and get the straight dope.

Just give a few days to round it up?
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

<center><font size=“3”>FOLLOW-UP </font id=“size3”></center>

Received a reply and pertains to “importing” into the US …

If you purchase a model sailboat from overseas, and it does NOT contain radio gear, Rx/Tx it is considered a “toy” and therefore there is no duty required to be paid, as long as it’s declared value is less than $2,000 (U.S.) Probably wise NOT to include any radio gear because of FCC regulations, channels, etc.

Anything imported costing more than $2,000 of value, that may require a “duty” to be paid, and the duty schedule is determined by Customs. You need to contact the Customs services and provide them with a total cost/description of the item, and they will “classify” the item and also advise the cost for duty. Because there is a lot of paperwork required for importing, it is often easier to let the carrier clear customs on your behalf - but be advised the carrier will have processing fees included in addition to any duty fees. You need to make sure that the cost of freight, any duty fees, and any "handling charges by the freight company of import broker is less than the actual cost of the product - unless of course you don’t care about cost and just want the product.

Please note this is for “IMPORTING” to the U.S. - for overseas readers, you really need to contact your own Customs Agency for rules specific to your country.