Combine the multihull classes

Now Dick, look what you’ve gone and done–made Peter laugh!
Well, you know the old saying:“People in glass house shouldn’t throw stones”?
You just thru a stone, Dick!
And it’s so funny: in the time I’ve designed and built the tooling for three multihulls (among MANY other things) and BUILT an DELIVERED 6 multihulls how many has the US “Acting” Class secretary built?
Whats that? Can’t quite hear you–
ZERO is that answer !!! And how many rc multihulls has the US “Acting” Class Secretary ever sailed? Just one, an F3 ! Never even sailed a Formula 48!!!
Geez, watch out for the falling glass Dick!!!

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

WOW Doug

You built 6 boats in how many years???
Now here is a good number 644 posts by you since the start of the discussion forum, maybe you should spend more time in the shop instead of making the same repetitive posts day after day.

-Dan

Yeah ,Dan wish I’d have sold more but wait a second-those boats sold for between $2000 and $2850 each and could have represented 50 Australian multis!
But Dan you are so pitifull: you seem to post on any topic just so long as I am there to try to knock down. Don’t you have anyting you are capable of talking about besides me? And thats a subject you know very ,very little about in the first place!
Can’t you pull yourself out of your juvenile behaviour and try to contribute something positive to this forum?

Doug Lord

Dan,

Great response!! Can’t say it any better than that!

Carl (a long time “lurker”)…fair and fast sailing always~~~~~~~~~~~~_/)

J120mm

Geez, its a retrodude convention; can Roy be far behind?
And isn’t interesting of all the posts only two people have actually sailed a Formula 48 or mini 40?! Why are the others here?

Doug Lord

Actually Doug I contribute a lot to are hobby. I usually receive an email a week asking a question related to the physics or theory of are hobby. If by chance I can?t answer the question I refer them to someone who can.

You are so right Doug People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. You try and knock down or belittle anyone who disagrees with you. For example whenever someone questions the feasibility of canting keels or foils, your favorite reply is ?you obviously don?t understand the technology? or some other similar dribble.

Now I?m sure you will reply to this with some post like I have been doing this for 40 years, and I?m the only one to do this, that and the next thing.

You can add to your list, that you are the only manufacturer to use the blitzkrieg advertising technique, every time I turn around there you are shouting from your soap box how great your boats or a given technology is. People say I should just skip over your posts. That?s damn near impossible because there every where.

And for those that think this post is a personal attack on Doug, well your right it is, and for damn good reason. I got this email in my mailbox today because of my previous post.

?
Hello dansherman

You received the following message from: lorsail (lorsail@webtv.net)

At: http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/

What a complete idiot you are!
?

Now before Doug says I made it up I will be happy to forward it to anyone who wants to see it. Also since Doug sent it from the forum I?m sure Chad will have a record of it.

-Dan

Doug where here because where interested in f48?s and mini40?s, Or did you think you where the only one.

-Dan

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by lorsail

Now Dick, look what you’ve gone and done–made Peter laugh!
Well, you know the old saying:“People in glass house shouldn’t throw stones”?
You just thru a stone, Dick!
And it’s so funny: in the time I’ve designed and built the tooling for three multihulls (among MANY other things) and BUILT an DELIVERED 6 multihulls how many has the US “Acting” Class secretary built?
Whats that? Can’t quite hear you–
ZERO is that answer !!! And how many rc multihulls has the US “Acting” Class Secretary ever sailed? Just one, an F3 ! Never even sailed a Formula 48!!!
Geez, watch out for the falling glass Dick!!!

Doug Lord
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Doug - Here are my admissions to fact. You ought to try it sometime instead of going off-topic to try to cover for your lack of building as well. (if you have the tooling - how hard is it to produce even one (1) measly boat?

(Fact) I HAVE <u>COMPLETED</u> ZERO builds of an F-48 <font color=“green”>(but like all of your projects - am working on it!)</font id=“green”>

(Fact) I HAVE <u>COMPLETED</u> ZERO builds of a MultiONE <font color=“green”>(but like you I am working on it!)</font id=“green”>

(Fact)I HAVE SAILED ZERO F-48 Boats - like you - <font color=“green”>(but will be working on it!)</font id=“green”> I suppose I could have said I was waiting to buy one of yours - but … want to stay with facts!

(fact) YOU HAVE <u>BUILT</u> and <u>DELIVERED</u> ZERO F-48/Mini40 MULTIHULLS IN 4 YEARS ! <font color=“red”>(and you AREN’T working on it!)</font id=“red”>

As you often are fond of doing - <u>the F3 DOES NOT constitute an F-48 or a Mini40</u>. Therefore it can’t be compared to the Mini40/F-48 class about which this thread was started.

Going OFF-TOPIC a bit, eh Doug? Please keep to the original topic which was about F-48, Mini40 combined classes - NOTHING was said about your F3 - but you still had to stick that one into the topic - right? Get a clue - if you can’t keep on topic - don’t post ! I think you told me that once?

BTW -
I know 3 of six people who own your F3 - we could always ask what “THEY” think of the boat, it’s construction, and your attitude to their follow-up questions and concerns? BUt I digress - because that too is off-topic - even if you did post about it.

[:-magnify]Dan, I think several here have gotten that same PM. I know I have, with an email chaser![:-spin]

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by dansherman

And for those that think this post is a personal attack on Doug, well your right it is, and for damn good reason. I got this email in my mailbox today because of my previous post.

?
Hello dansherman

You received the following message from: lorsail (lorsail@webtv.net)

At: http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/

What a complete idiot you are!
?

<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Seems like this is very much like the stuff he did on the WindPower site that got him banned.

<center>Real class, Doug !</center>

While I have no problems with debate (even heated) on this forum, it is something else to start getting this crap at home at a private email address.

Chad requires an email for registration to this forum. I don;t think this is what was intended. I have just sent an email and PM to Chad “suggesting” that he ban Doug from this site, strictly for abusing the tools provided - and turning it “personal” via a private, home email message!

Suggest all who agree simply email or PM Chad!

Enough is enough - and the patterns of personal emails sent from WindPower continues to this forum. Maybe Doug is incapable of learning - but whatever - I joined the forum to have discussion, debate and interaction ON-LINE - not have “someone” send personal emails to my home!

Doug - you crossed the line - hopefully Chad will ban you from doing the same to others.

And - I’ll sign this request/suggestion !

Dick Lemke
Upset With Doug’s Actions - not his posts!

I apologize to Chad for the trouble this has caused!
I will no longer send anyone an e-mail from this site.
However, I stand 100% behind my public and “private” comments to Dan Sherman. He deliberately took my words out of context and used them to try to ridicule what I have accomplished in the last three years. It was a direct personal attack on me and I did get angry. I meant what I said to Dan in both instances!
I don’t feel that that kind of personally directed ridicule has any place whatsoever on this forum and I probbaly should have just let it go but sometimes enough is enough!!!
Again, I apologize to Chad for the hassle…

Doug Lord

Greg

You said that you have received nasty e-mails from Doug in the past. If you still have them could you please send a copy to Chad, or post them on the forum, or both.

If anyone else has similar e-mails would they please let it be known.

-Dan

I too got one email from Doug that was completely inappropriate. Filled with the normal junk that most all of you get as well. I deleted it and blocked him from emailing me but the guy has really gone overboard. I suspect he doesnt build anything at all anymore. One of my co-sailors up here orded a boat sent the check. A while later the check was returned because there were production problems, as there always seem to be with Doug. I seriously doubt that he is in the design or production of anything but repetitive insult laced retarded emails and bbs posts. Nobody has gotten anything real from him in a long time. He is kind of like a fisherman who sits on the bank telling about all the big ones he has got but we all know he is full of sh"t. I tried to stay away from this but Doug has no respect for other people, their ideas or personal decency. Thats it, that is Doug in a nutshell, oh and by the way RC sailing hasn’t been around for 40 years (more like 30)as he claims-just another half truth that he continues to pump out to anyone who will listen.

November 4, 2003
GOt this one at my work email address !

"Like I said : with friends like you who needs enemies!!
Sail Fast, Doug

-----F100 Bantock designed CBTF Strict One Design www.microsail.com
-----aeroSKIFF™-16’ hydrofoil monohull www.monofoiler.com "

Probably have more and similar at home !

Bob, speaking of half truths.if you did get an e-mail from me it was probably inresponce to one of your nasty posts-like where you said I know nothing about design and worse.
And if you do know someone who go a refund then you also know that the person received INTEREST on his money and is still interested in the boat. Conveniently left that out, huh Bob? Sort of told only half the truth …
I built my first multihull when I was 9 years old-it was not radio controlled but sailed faster than I could run free sailing with a trapeze rigged equivalent to the beam of the boat.That was OVER 40 years ago…

Doug Lord

Cool it, guys.

Few people on this thread can make any claim of innocence regarding name calling and personal attacks. Let’s get back to the topic Peter opened with, or close this thread down. It was an interesting read until it took off on the “number of boats built/delivered” tangent. Enough already!

The Other Matt

Why don’t we just ask Chad to open a section called ‘Bitching’? Take this crap to ‘the pub’ will you, thats where it belongs.

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Hey Matt and Matt (The Other Matt) …

Maybe you are missing the point completely - and if it “HAD” been taken to the pub, there might not be an issue.

Read the following very carefully - and you will understand!

** When someone (you) signed up for this discussion board, the Administrator (Chad) asks for an email address. This address is provided so others can communicate with you for sharing of ideas, information, questions, etc. <u>NO FORUM </u>has the email address there for personal and “Direct-to-your-home” personal attacks! The very fact that Doug uses - and has continued to use this forum email tool to harass and abuse a person via email (and at home or at work) because of a difference of opinion is totally and without regard to etiquette, forum usage, and the reason for why it (email address) exists.**

As I noted, there is no problem in keeping the discussion, rants and “bitching” on the web site (in the pub). But <u>NO ONE </u>should have to put up with Doug’s crap arriving at their home or office. For either of you to ignore and/or defend Doug’s actions bothers me a bit, because by remaining quiet - or “poo-pooing” it, provides Doug with a feeling he is justified and vindicated by what he did.

Dan, Greg, I and a few others have <u>NEVER</u> sent those type of emails directly to Doug at his home, without receiving a similar one from him first.

This same type of email abuse happened on the Windpower forum and Bill Mullica took appropriate action, and in hindsight - perhaps a bit late. If Chad accepts this infantile type of action from a so-called “business man” it certainly doesn’t do much for this site - because the next thing “could” be malicious emails containing virus infections or the like.

Would Doug do that - I doubt it, since webmail doesn’t support that stuff. But the point is that like a spoiled person that he is, he has found a way to try to intimidate anyone who doesn’t agree with his ideas, his choices, or his posts - or even asks questions he can’t answer. Again, let the intimidation happen on-line and if Chad doesn’t mind, neither should we. But taking it to a personal level of home email abuse is too much, and I have lost any respect I have for this individual.

Nothing prevents Doug from establishing his own forum, from which he can send personal “hate” mail all he wants. The problem with that, is his audience would shrink a great deal and he would have no “bully pulpit” to attract others.

Banning him from the site is called for in this instance, just as it was from WindPower. Of course, he can always sign up as someone else, but at least it sets a precident, like Bill Mullica did, that personal attacks OFF-LINE using a forums provided email address won’t be tolerated.

Think about this “concept” a bit, and ask yourself if it is really worth supporting these actions?

Still not convinced? Here is one from February 21, 2003 that he sent. (addressee’s name not provided for reasons of privacy) but sent to the person’s private email address:

<font color=“red”>[i]"This email has been sent from lorsail via Ikonboard.

(http://rcsailtalk.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi)

You are without a doubt one of the most pitiful caricatures of a sailor that I have ever had the misfortune to run into!"[/i]</font id=“red”>

Give it some serious thought before you blindly defend or ignore what went on! Hell, even Jerry Springer has a few people to keep things from getting out of hand.

If this trend continues every thread here will be solely about Doug Lord…

Spent the last three days in Southern California racing r/c sailboats, reality is a great cure for this crazyness…

Nice to read from Peter about what is going on in Austrailia with multihulls. And Peter, sorry about the attitude you are getting here; it is not representative of the r/c sailing community here in the US.

Dan: It sure does seem like you are being provoked.

And for those who don’t know, Doug Lord is notorious for sending nasty e-mails to those who disagree with him. Getting that kind of stuff at home or at your office is more than unpleasant; it feels invasive. I have always urged that Doug state anything he wants about me in public (I’m a big boy I can take it), but stay out of people’s private lives.

IF???!!!

Is Doug’s attitude (sending private email) not against privacy??? or worst it could be consider as spam or junk mail.Both are illegal!! and should be reported here :

https://www.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm