Angus in hospital

Gentlemen if this post seems emotional I will start with an apology. I have just received a telephone call from Angus in hospital and in an oxygen tent with it hissing in the background. To those who do not know he seems in grave condition and depressed. I hope I am wrong but if anyone is close enough to visit him I think it would help. This man lives FOOTY and has certainly been a driving force in its expansion but when he asks me, just prior to the nurse telling him to get off the phone,to continue the fight to grow this class and hobby if he doesnt get out, I become worried. If there is anything anyone can do to help this situation I think now is the time for action. I would appreciate any news. Thanks for your help–Bill Shorney–Toronto Canada.

Hello Bill and all, I spoke to Angus’ good friend Mark today and yes his condition does indeed sound very serious. I told Mark about this thread and he said that he would print it out and take it to Angus in the hope that our good wishes and concern will help raise his spirits. Angus has been unwell all the time we have known him here and he has been a fighter. I sincerely hope that he makes the decision to continue the fight.

Graham

Get well soon Angus,continue the fight.
I plan on meeting you at the first Footy class world championships whenever they may be,don’t let me down mate!
I still have secrets to get out of your head and you are yet to extract the last of them from me…I fully expect you to hang around long enough for that to happen and for us to have another go at a "super footy"together once more!
Get well soon mate!
Brett

ps, Sandra and the kids wish you well also.

If Mark can print this off and actually take it in for Angus, so much the better. It will be one less thing for me to do. Angus should know that Alex Landy, our contact in the University Conference bookings office expressed her concern and good wishes. Could Mark please contact me, either a PM or phone on 020 8850 6805

Russell

Angus, we need you back soon, there are massive outbursts of sensibility and dullness out here.
As a rule, you should listen to doctors, unless they sail fat, over-weight boats - then its best to get a second opinion.

Looking forward to seeing you later this summer
Ian

I have forwarded that direct to Mark.
Graham

update: Angus just called me so he now knows too Russell. Also he has this thread up to last night in his hands and proclaimed it ‘quite touching’, there are times when he fails miserabley to be an ogre.

We should make sure that Angus gets a copy of the upcoming issue of the AMYA “Model Yachting” magazine, which will be featuring the Footy Class. If I were laying on my back in the hospital, something like this would be a real spirit booster. Bill H, do you know when this issue is scheduled to be mailed out?

Hi Angus,

hurry up and get back on form, we need you to assist us with all those mad ideas we have to try and bend rules as much as poss.
Chin up, we all miss you

Angus know that all of us are missing your new ideas and looking foreward
to your unique approach. Best wishes from upstate New York. Garey

I know we spoke briefly on the phone when you called Graham’s house the night before the great inaugural Footy regatta in Kohler, Wisconsin last year. Hope you get well soon and are back on the pond with a winning design. Keep up the fight and know that we here in Wisconsin have you in our thoughts.

Get well soon my friend,

Toby Vetting
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, USA

Sorry to have taken so long to chime in. I concur with all that that have sent our well wishes to Angus. He’s been a great influence to me. I wish him well.

get well soon dude the suns starting to come out:cool:

Has anyone heard how Angus is doing recently?

I spoke to Angus a couple of days ago. He sounded much more chirpy than he has recently. His doctors are to experiment with intermittent oxygen therapy, rather than the continuous supply he has been on so far. Depending on the results of these trials, he may be able to go home in a couple of weeks. But no promises at this stage.

Russell

Spoke to Angus this evening, he has been having a nurse give him a work out and now says that he is able to sit and stand far easier than he used to. He is also very much in exit from hospital mode which is very heartening to hear
<I hear echo’s of Kenneth Williams saying “Oooo Matron” in Carry on Nurse>

More when I know it
Rgds
AndyT
(Temporary footy registrar)

What kind of “Work out?”

This is very good news indeed!

You can always tell when Angus is bored, he wants to work it out with a paper and pencil…

He must be getting better he now wants a table and paper!!
Goodness only knows how i’m going to organise that?

Any one in North Wales?
Rgds
AndyT

I’m suprised Angus hasn’t organised a wifi link yet! According to Mark his spirits are much better these days, perhaps he needs to plan his escape Andy.

Anyone got a physical address for Angus??
I need to send something to him.