Active Topics Link ?

[:-banghead]In the last couple of days I have had trouble with the
ACTIVE TOPICSlink?
The opening page tells me that there are 5 active topics, but when I click on it, the next page tells me that there are no active topics.
My geekness is legendnary so you know I need help. PLEASE.[:-bulb]

Do it NOW before it`s too late.

Yeah, same thing here.

<font size=“1”>19 out of 7 people have trouble with statistics</font id=“size1”>

same here…thought it was just me…

CHAD WE HAVE A PROBLEM

-Wis (aka Laurent)

<font size=“1”>_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _</font id=“size1”>

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01
<font color=“red”>-------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.jp/schocklm/index.htm
-------------------------------------------</font id=“red”>

hmm. I ll keep my eye on that now that you have brought it to my attention. I resyncd the databases and tables (maybe that will help). Let me know if it keeps happening and if I get some time I ll try and look into it deeper if it isn’t corrected.

What browser are you using?
(maybe a cookie/session thing I need to look into?)

Thanks for the notice

[:-paperbag] Chad both WIS and I are using Mozilla Firefox so it may be something to do with that.
I have just comeback on after upgrading my SDRAM from 128 up to 640. [:-propeller]
Lookout for me now.[;)]

hmm had that problem just after upgrading to 1.0.4…will check the cookies settings

EDIT:

same problem with IE…so its not FF[:-angel]
-Wis (aka Laurent)

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01

Strange

While reading the interview with Graham, all of my other “active topics” yet to be read disappeared. I also note that there used to be a drop-down selection to prevent the page from updating itself automatically - which prevented a long read (or response) from dropping unread articles. This box has now been replaced with a drop-down for archival reads.

Personally I would prefer that the forum <u>NOT</u> update itself automatically until <u>“I”</u> press the refresh icon.

Can anyone else verify if they have noticed this change and the “quick drop-offs” of unread posts?

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Class 3 Landyacht #US-196
Minnesota, USA

i had the same problem. even after checking 1 thread. i would go back and nothing
cougar

long live the cup and cris dickson

Ok I see what you mean now… I’ll take a look and see whats going on with this.

I am still looking at the cache area or cookies. I havent changed anything and the webhost (as far as I know has not changed anything)

From my preliminary research I did not turn up anything but some sites having issues with their hosts pre caching their site. Of course my host is running on Server 2003 and I know some weird stuff in general has been happening “Microsofts new UNannounced install package??”. (but nothing web wise that I am aware of)

Dick- Not sure what your seeing (regarding drop-down for archival reads) ?? Maybe send me a screen shot. I can not seem to replicate anything like that.

I will try my best to figure this out. Thank you all who have try to give me feedback on this.

try to clear your cookies and see if this is still happening. I looked at mine and found they were set to 30 minute posts and where older cookies.

Chad -
still seems we are having the same/similar problem. Active links show “2 Active” - but click on the link and everything goes away. ONly way to see new topics is to show all forums, and then scroll down looking for time/date since last visit.

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Minnesota, USA

I right click on the topic and open in new window…

<font size=“1”>19 out of 7 people have trouble with statistics</font id=“size1”>

I experienced this problem of blank “Active Topics” using Netscape 7.2. Didn’t happen today on me though.

Travis
AMYA #13417

Don’t forget to have fun!!!

ok, the update on this issue.

I still have not been able to find a resolution to this problem myself so I have asked the shn community for some help in figuring out this issue.

Wondering what kind of results you get when you just hit the active topics link when your not signed in?

I do not have the issue as an admin login but when I switch to a regular account or mod account I have the same issues that you are explaining.

I am hoping to try and at least find a starting point in the code that would cause this.

Trying my best to get this resolved.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by chad

ok, the update on this issue.

Wondering what kind of results you get when you just hit the active topics link when your not signed in?

Trying my best to get this resolved.
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Chad - FYI… if not signed in, I don’t have an option for “Active Links”. Somehow the active links is connected with our last sign-in time/date - and only shows items not read. If not signed in, it (software) would not have any past history to look at to show unread topics.

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Minnesota, USA

How many poeple are still having problems or is it just me!!!

Download Attachment: CAD0015.JPG
54.89KB

I’m still having problems here. One day it is fine, next day it isn’t. No pattern that I can tell, and sometimes, if it works “almost OK”, it will show 6 new posts (active topics) but after viewing three (as example) the other three that haven’t been viewed are suddenly gone!

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Minnesota, USA

ditto!

Oh Well!

[:-banghead]<font size=“3”><font color=“red”>YEP Same Same for me.</font id=“red”></font id=“size3”>[:-batman]

yup same for me…new snitz forum apparently coming soon
Wait and see and they say…

Hint for Firefox user…when you are in the active topics, open a new window when reading the actual “new” topics…shortcut key is “Ctrl”…thats how I do it

-Wis (aka Laurent)

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01

[:-banghead] Someone send me an email when this problem is fixed. Pain in the [:-censored] to try to find unread messages.

Thanks

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Minnesota, USA