Yoo Hoo?Boys, Look at this!

This is our latest, and probably greatest to date. Final kit price to be announced shortly.

Scroll down to the second item.

http://www.climatemodels.com/store/page0.html

It is called the Halo 30, and has turned more than a few heads.
The hull design comes from our ultra fast MG30 platform, with all of the go fast stuff included in the kit.
Rod Carr has even made custom sails available as an option for the kit.

Special thanks to Darrin Hataway for the awesome mold work and design. This guy could make parts for the aerospace industry his molds are so perfect.

Here is a comment we got from a customer who is sailing one of the prototypes.

?I had a great day sailing on Saturday. I am having too much fun with it. It’s the perfect size and is the fastest thing I have seen with a sail. ?

I will keep you posted on final dates and price.

Peter Richards
www.climatemodels.com

Visit www.climatemodels.com

Peter - nice looking package ! Hopefully it will be found as an attractive niche. Was there any particular reason you stayed away from a 36/600 size boat that would fit the Traditional 36 Class? Just curious.

Good luck with future sales.

The boat and design look very sleek and clean (laser beam )[:-propeller]. Hope you will keep us( me) informed on the price and other features/details. wondering also how it competes to similar or larger class boats. Anymore pictures you can show?

looks good peter
just wondering how it compares with the mg30?
this looks like it might be a next project for the new sailor? sails and hull and ballast.
buy need price?
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

Here you go.
Lots of pictures. Notice the ultra clean bow entry and no wake stuck to the hull sides!!!

Peter,

What’s the deal with the forestay? It looks like you have quite a bit of jib luff sag and I’m guessing the forestay has something to do with that.

Did the designer give you any idea as to why he chose to incorporate that feature?

• Will

Will Gorgen

Hull looks ‘the dogs’! Always find models like this look a little odd with the booms being so high, somhow never looks quite right. Very nice though!

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

What is the yellowish tube sticking out of the cabin? I wonder, is the mast placement movable?

nice looking hull!and the deck is very clean…too many things going on now…so it ll be for after LOL
Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

Is the brass eyelet on the port side of the transom for draining the hull?

O yea did you do the paint job? It looks pretty cool.

-Dan

Any idea of the general price point? Also, from a commercial/marketplace stand point I was wondering why you went for a 30 inch “stand alone” boat design and didn’t try to fit in to any existing class or rule?

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Any idea of the general price point? Also, from a commercial/marketplace stand point I was wondering why you went for a 30 inch “stand alone” boat design and didn’t try to fit in to any existing class or rule?<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Price for the Halo 30 kit with stock sails will be around $200.00. With the Mylar Carr sails it will be around $300.00

Roy and Dick L,
We don’t care about trying to fit in to an existing class. We never really have. We sell skidloads of boats to dealers all over the world who in turn sell them to people who don’t care about class rules or a class boat.
There enough of any one of our model designs out there to have 100 or more boats in an AMYA class from day one if someone wanted to start it.
The Panache II / Panache Elite is even listed as a proposed class on the AMYA website.
http://www.amya.org/classpage.html

The point is, not everyone in the world wants to go out and race. How many Victorias do you think there are in the world? There are thousands. How many actually are registered with the AMYA and race? I show about 339 registered boats. We have at least 4 in our local club and not one of them is included in that 339 registered.

Almost 99% of the model sailboats sold in the world will never be raced competitively, and their owners will never join a recognized class affiliation or club that races a class boat.
Why would we want to limit our sales and sell a one-design boat to less than 1% of the population that will buy a model sailboat?
That?s just simple economic logic.
If someone wants to start a new class with one of our designs, that?s great, but we sell so many kits a day, we just don?t have time to do it ourselves.

Long and the short of it is, we make great models at a good price. If you want to race them in a class, feel free to do so. If you want to go out and sail just for fun, even better.

Peter Richards
www.cliamtemodels.com

Peter,
I agree with you, but everyone has another kind of fun…now what is fun?
Well, for some, just rc sailing, some other prefer to race…I wish, I could…as being one, well sometimes two, its not easy to have fun with racing…

Roy, also got a point, why not making it “some kind of class”…and you could have fun sailing and racing if you wanted too…

“Moore : more is better”

anyway, the boat looks very nice!

Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

Peter

I don?t believe anyone was trying to attack you or your company, just asking a question. Please man relax a little.

-Dan

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Peter

I don?t believe anyone was trying to attack you or your company, just asking a question. Please man relax a little.<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Hi Dan,
My reply was not meant to be threatening or defensive. Sorry if it came across that way.
That was certainly not the intent.
I think it is great that people like Roy and others are so “Gung-ho” on class racing. It certainly is “one” great aspect of this hobby.

FYI, I am an active member of AMYA and several other major modeling organizations.
I race Fast Electric and nitro models very competitively all over North America. I have designed the fastest production electric powered outrigger in the world, which has run over 100 MPH. I know where racers are coming from with their passion.

Peter Richards
www.climatemodels.com