why bother?

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by Dick Lemke

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by Matthew Lingley

Who wants to look at the guy behind anyway, he’s that, behind, get on with your own race!

Luff 'em & leave 'em.
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Exactly what Dennis Conner thought during the race he failed to cover, lost his lead and the Cup ! Oh yea!

Let’s see, up wind, if the competition behind you tacks and you need to beat or place positions btween you, you go with him - not hang on stupidly to the tack you are on, even if slightly favored.
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Yes in a match reace cover they guy behind, I was thinking more in a fleet race (which is what booster is doing?), you really dont want to worry about covering then, better to sail fast on the right shifts, and play any current (if there is one). Getting distracted by the guy behind is not fast.

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Hi again!
Well, rear-mirrors have been tested some years ago. A guy with a muscle disease tested it. It works. One remmberable episode was when the 2.4mr fleet used the same race-course as the 14-footers. A 14-footer sailor afterwards stated: “I just run over one of those invalids in the minitwelves at the windward-mark. I could see the protheses floating around after I did the job!” Perhaps a statement only acceptable at the Pub!
Regards,
Booster

hhaahh go cart like it a lot i can see how rear vision mirroers could be usefull in a go cart but not in a skiff or 40 footer

When the Apprentice knows more than the Mentor its time to quit!

booster
i would love to see picture of you sailing your boats. it sounds like you have a good head and know what sailing sould be about.
just remember, sailing is not that fast action( unless you are around a bouy) then it becomes insane. relax and always have fun. those are the skiipers that win.
cougar[:-eyebrows]

Hi Cougar!
The 15th Annual US 2.4mr Midwinter Championship in Miami have a photo-gallarey in:
www.usn3class.org/2004-Midwinter-Results.htm
You can se Mr Brown from US winning, with Mr Kroeger from Germany second.
The 2004 Rolex Cup in Miami 2004 was won by the American Madrigali Olymic Bronze Medallist (photo-gallery as well):
www.onelegup.org/past_races.html
I didn’t have the possibility to attend, but my hazardous test of the hula on my 2.4mr you can see at under the ican “trimps fran U391”:
www.24mr.com
Which is a site for the Gothenburg flottilj “squadron”, but you can find links under the icon “lankar”. Under the icon “blandade bilder” you can see the designer Hasse Malmsten, who is currently working on the Mariner bustle for 2.4mr. Various 2.4mr Organisations around the World is covered, as well.
Regards,
Booster

Hi again Cougar!
I forgot the site:
www.sailingsource.com/24metre/
of the International 2.4mr Class. You can see the president Danny McCoy, Canada…
Regards,
Booster

Cougar!
Danny McCoy, Canada, President of the International 2.4mr Class was involved in a car-crash and now sails 2.4mr (probably Canada’s Paralympic representative). He used to run a big company in Canada but after the accident he sails 2.4mr full-time. He travels a lot in Europe and attends the regattas. I have twice been involved in protest situations with him. Both times he stated: “Make your turns”.
Regards,
Booster