What are they thinking?!!!?

THE BOYS AT XSRACING HAVE A LITTLE FUN WITH US…
thanks Tmark, for catching that before Angus did!

It looks as though the two biggest crooks in sailing have finally decided to see eye to eye… (maybe) but what have they created?

http://xsracing.org/images/home/3583.jpg

XSracing described the boats to be… “The Boat - 80 foot catamarans - New rule with a max length, beam and sail area. Hulls and rigs must be built in the country of challenge. Hydro-Foils are legal. One boat per team. Rule co-developed by Morrelli Melvin Design, Sebschmidt Architects, Nigel Irens Designs and VPLP. Details will be viewed by the defender and all challengers at the same time. Details of the new AC Design Rule to be presented on Jan 15 2008.”

it also sounds as though the contest will not be a match race, but a 3 boat race… hmmm, what do you call that? its not a fleet race… its not a match race…:rolleyes:

interestingly enough, they also seems to have put in place rules that will hurt everyone but the kiwis, and perhaps the Americans…

“Crew - a minimum of 10 crew with an 11th man position for sponsors. Nine of ten crew or 90% must be born in country of challenge.”

i guess Ernesto will be releasing old Butterworth… and Larry will be waving goodbye to Coutts…

note: Dick Lemke must be dancing about now!:zbeer:

If this isn’t practical joke it promises all sorts of rock’n’roll … and one hell of a shake up in the old boys parlours …

Ummm … it is a joke … damn, 420 you almost had me excited …

damn myself, i feel like an idiot. geez.:disguise::crying::blush::dunce: