What age is everyone?

<font face=“Arial”>
Well I guess that I beat everyone!![:P]I’m only 13!
But another question is…How many people sail bigger boats? i.e. yachts, skiffs or Dinghies.

Griffo</font id=“Arial”>

me…when I am in Europe, sail a Spirit 41//41 footer…made in Belgium

-Wis (aka Laurent)

<font size=“1”>_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _</font id=“size1”>

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01
<font color=“red”>-------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.jp/schocklm/index.htm
-------------------------------------------</font id=“red”>

Yachts, sportsboats, skiffs, dingies, cats, classics, boards… all within the last year (two within the last week…) :wink:

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

i sail anythin i can, at the moment i am trying to get a ride on some sportsboats. but there is one problem, what is everyone’s explanation of a skiff? mine is, has to be unrestricted in sail area (& weight), has to be extremely fast, have 2 or 3 diff rigs & no lead. this puts a lot of ‘skiffs’ such as 49er’s & other boats out of this classification for me.

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promptly walked away.

A skiff to me is any boat with trap and racks that planes as soon as it barely touches a force 3, and plane upwind in anything much more. As production boats go 49er is definately a skiff, as are B14’s Rs 800/700/600 Musto skiff etc…They all need the same skills to sail at the end of the day as a full on 18’or 12’er.

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

76 and I can still lift an EC12 out of the lake.Got used to operating without a fin at last

Yes, I sail “big” boats too. I own a Laser II dinghy, and a 26 foot keelboat. I’ve raced dinghies since I was 12 years old and keelboats almost as long. RC sailing models are a relatively recent passtime for me. I built my first sailing model 26 years ago, but then had no further involvement with sailing models until relatively recently.

Muzza

I’m 63 and cry everytime I go sailing because I didn’t discover this hobby 20 years ago.

Big boats…yep.
Optimist when i was 7,then onto “P” class…starling,Flying Ant…Sunburst,R class and now
Trailer yachts which I currently sail.
Have managed to win a couple of South island and national titles along the way.
R/C as been a hobby at the same time all through the years in bursts of activity.Its been a great tool to learn about boat design.
All fun stuff!!

Brett

[:-jester]!<font size=“3”><font color=“red”>I am 63 years old today</font id=“red”></font id=“size3”>[:-king]
Bugger,
Dont know if I would like to start again or not. The pressure on young people today is immense, I would not enjoy that. I think todays children need extra care and love if they are to reach my age safely. [-crzwom][:-cry][:-devil][:-cyclops][:-brokenheart][:I][:-boggled][:-boring][:-banghead][:-angel][:-apple][img]../forum1/images/speech/icon_speech_ok.gif[/img] Blimmin time zones, 14th is my day, dont read this till then OK?
Do it NOW before it`s too late.

happy birthday…wish you all gooooooooooooood

-Wis (aka Laurent)

<font size=“1”>_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _</font id=“size1”>

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01
<font color=“red”>-------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.jp/schocklm/index.htm
-------------------------------------------</font id=“red”>

<font color=“red”><font size=“6”>HAPPY BIRTHDAY, IAN!.</font id=“size6”></font id=“red”>
JayDee.

41 mins into the 14th here so happy birthday mate! Yes it is so hard being ‘the youth of today’, I mean I might have to go sailing tomorow (today!), shocking!

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Ian,

Youth is wasted on the Young.

Age and guile will always beat Youth and enthusiasm.

You are only as old as you feel.

JayDee. [:-pirate]

Sailed big small and rc.
Started at ther age of 10 sailings arrow’s, p’s 7 & moth’s.
Waterskied for 3 years.
Keels at 20 doing offshore for 8 years in Auckland which included 1 Suva, 5 Sydney/Horbats, 1 ton cup trials, 1/2 ton cup (Sydney.
1 year as boat master on a 50ft.
Gave it all up for her in doors.
Started keeler harbour racing for 15 years.
6 years racing a sunburst to teach 3 boys how to sailing. Must have done a reasonable job as the oldest has been weekend keeler racing in England & Spain.
Middle son is a professional sailing now doing his 2nd Volvo.
The 3rd is talking of buying a lazer.

And what do I do now??? just read forums!!!
As the IOM’s & F100 gather dust, as the house gets renovated.

youth & enthusiasm can beat Age and guile all the time, you just have to look at sailors, a lot of young sailors beat the old sailors, such as me, i can beat my old man & he’s been racin/sailin longer than i been alive by lots!

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promptly walked away.

oh & happy birthday ian, haven’t looked at this post in a week or somethin

yachtie2k4,
Your old man lets you win to make you feel good!
I bet he could beat you if he wanted to!!.
JayDee. [:-pirate]

Ian! Happy Birthday a little late - didn’t read this forum for a while and missed the big day.

Your Footy pics will be a feature of the web-site which should be updaed soon…

Bruce Crichton
AMYA 14043
Footy #761
footy.rcsailing.net
footyclass.org

JayDee, that is funny, i bet you a million $$$$ that i would beat my old man most of the time (cept maybe when its windy & his fatter, he weighs like 90kg iirc, me i weigh bout 60kg, body helps him or problem with my boat). infact last year at state titles (for corsairs, 3 man 16fters, all weighing in excess of 130kg iirc) my boat beat him in every race.
in lasers, i bet i could beat him in anythin under 12 knots upwind, & i could beat him off the wind in any wind strength, as i said b4, as long as im not way overpowered its all good.