Watch out for Megatech sales on Ebay

I may be the only idiot, but watch out for Megatech Nirvana sales on Ebay. I bought one that has a defect and the seller and Megatech will not warrantee. In fact Megatech posts on their website that their warrantee is null if you buy the product on Ebay. I can probably fix the one I have, but I don’t want to see anyone else get stuck.

thanks for the warning(s).

I do remember reading a post (can’t remember where…here or wind power) about a defect on the Nirvana from Megatech…I think they now fixed this defect…I guess, you got on of the “old” Nirvanas.

If you need any help for fixing this defect, feel free to post and ask!

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Skipjack.

What’s the nature of the defect?

Bill

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>What’s the nature of the defect<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>
It’s made by Megatech![:D]

Peter R.
www.climatemodels.com

Visit www.climatemodels.com

thanks for the info
i have never seen the boat
but keep up the good work
cougar

If you fix all the defects on the Nirvana, it’s a nice boat.
I have one that sails quite nice. Below decks where the brains and brawn are, it’s no longer Megatech!
It’s a capable boat. You just have to gut it of all the Megatech stuff.

The rudder post and the rudder tube are different sizes. I fixed it by removing rudder tube and drilling out for a larger size rudder tube–not a perfect fix, but it works. There are a few other quirks, like the boom vang is glued on at a bad angle and you can’t fix it without destroying the boom.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by RunsWithScissors

Skipjack.

What’s the nature of the defect?

Bill
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>