WALRUS SAIL

How about “Walrus” in light,medium&strong wind? Is it different from the original one? Tell me pls. [:D]

Download Attachment: w1.jpg
49.26KB

joey

hehe

what a nice boat…its mine [:D]

well…cant really tell in light wind…i always have wind here…but medium to high works fine…easier for setup, and i prefer the shape of them compare to the stock (Kyosho)…if you need more details, like pics…ask…i can post

have a nice day

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

btw they give much more power compared to the stock sails

I can’t speak for the Seawind, but Dennis Desprois (Walrus) also makes sails for the Fairwind (another Kyosho boat). The stock sails for the Fairwind are very similar in manufacture to the stock sails for the Seawind (single pannel, same material, etc).

The Walrus sails use multiple panels to get better shape into the sails and the mylar material is much more stable than the nylon that Kyosho uses for their stock sails. The mast attachment method allows for better entry shape (Wis, are you using hanks or mast loops?). THe loose footed main also helps the shape. BTW, you can also loose foot your stock sails and they will do quite a bit better. Dennis has done a nice job ofshaping the Fairwind sails I have seen and given his experience, I would trust him to give you a great set of sails for your Seawind.

• Will

Will Gorgen

Thanks for your reply WIS & WILL
But I don’t understand “THe loose footed main also helps the shape” Can u show me the picture? PLS.

joey

Here ya go:

Download Attachment: P40s.jpg
45.35KB

Note how the foot of the sail is only attached at the tack and the clew. Also note the nice cambered shape at the foot.

• Will

Will Gorgen

i have others sail…single panel but same attachments

btw nice shape on the mainsail…

wis
PS i have to get the same multi sails for the seawind…i also like the price of Dennis’ sails…i wanted to get sails from sailsetc but i thought was a bit too expensive for a seawind

Wis,

Thanks, they are Carr Sails.

• Will

Will Gorgen