victoria keel attatchment

on the model victoria does the keel have to have the shaft protruding above deck and if it does, does it need to use the original nut? or can i put a different nut on it?

i love tinkering with these boats it takes up time i’m sure my girfreind is going to hate it soon

Express
Greetings.

Nothing in the rules that I can find says the shaft has tocome threw the deck. Might want to contact the class sec for more information. Also the nut is a nut so use another if you have to.

I printed the class rules for reference and both items are not mentioned in them but for your own sack check with other owners of Vic’s to see if it is allowed .

Interesting item is rule 1.3(2001) read it you may be suprised as to what it says.

by the way Express27 what country are you in???

Jeff
Alberta

Express

As it was explained to me it must be through the deck, because you can’t alter the style that its mounted. But i have been told you can use a different nut. I have also been told that you can grind the rod down flat with the lower profile nut.

Contact the class sec. to be sure,

-Dan

yeah rule 1.3 is quite interesting, i’m in the U.S.A. michigan to be exact. yeah i need to find out about that nut rule though.

i love tinkering with these boats it takes up time i’m sure my girfreind is going to hate it soon

Go to www.victoriarc.org/FAQ/FAQ.htm and look at “keel” information. Metal shaft in keel cannot be changed. Nut and washer can be replaced with similar parts.

J120mm