trouble getting AMYA magazine?

There you go Wis. You bring these little snippets of info out. Absolutely great shipmate.

Dick , I suppose that the vast majority of your organization is quite happy for you guys to do it. Somewhere in the ‘Mists of Time’ we got it into our heads that we had to go out there and tell the World about our R/C sailing and all would be perfect.

Some of the good things that could flow is a bigger voice in the scheme of things. The power to get sponsors and to create vibrate Events.

On the down side it all becomes a pain in the butt and it can become a bit like herding sheep. And the moment you want something in return , like, support, for some event, you’ve got a problem.

I can see some of these club officials reading this now with a smile on their face. They know all about this, because they have had it happen to them more than once.

This brings me to the point that needs to be asked; Are you in R/C sailing to sail a boat, dunk a hull, fiddle with the R/C gear, socalize, do what ever you do, do? Or are you about doing some organization thing?

Sometimes these things can get too big, loom large in our eyes , why we are in the organization in the first place and it becomes a big job for some Joe to forfill each week. Who is the organization for? Is it for the Sailors or some who are only marginally interested?

I think the ultimate is, ten sailing mates, “wetting a boat” at the local pond.

Funnily enough all these things your talking about happen in Australia, where each day of the whole year is “beautiful one day perfect the next” . The only difference is that something is happening 12 months of the year.

Now this Dick is a rant!