Dick,

We have emailed before, you gave me the PDF file awhile back, and I have an America3 kit. I too have wondered if a class association would be a good thing… in my opinion it is always good to be able to compare ideas with others that have the same boat. Anyway, count me in (I will help in whatever way I can). I am still in the process of building my boat, but hope to be done sometime this year (depending on how much spare time I can get).
I think you are on to something here Dick.

Andy Rust

Seawind #149
America3

Dick,

Somewhere in the middle sounds good to me, just because it seems like there are a lot of boats with total open rules and a lot of strict one design classes. However, the strict thing does help to keep the costs down, which is worth considering on an already low cost boat. Some sort of in between would be good probably. I’ll keep thinking about it and see if I can come up with some other ideas. I’ll let you know what I come up with. Hopefully others will start showing interest as well, this way the more ‘minds’ on the issue the better.

Andy

Dick–

I have some other ideas about ways to promote a class. I recently tried to email you, but the message was returned. I was curious to know if your email has recently changed? I have some things that I’d like to ask you. Is your email still formula48@esmarteb.com?

Andy