Topic Index-Tech,multiONE, New Classes

Chad, this is a suggestion that,if practical, could lead to better access to the information recently archived:

The searchable archives of the new forum should have a Topic Index because the very nature of the Topics under both New Classes and Technology but particularly New Classes means that the information is likely to be lost if someone doesn’t remember all the new classes listed. In Technology similar things could be lost due to not knowing the right key word or subject that may be beneficial to go back and read IF you knew it was there. Now that I think about it this would be true under all categories.
Seems like a list of topics that have been recently archived could be provided that one could click on to go back and read a subject whose topic sounds interesting.
New people just joining the forum would have no idea of the varied topics previously addressed without a searchable Topic Index…
Seem to me that these Topic Indexes could be posted as the first post of each category(one that doesn’t move) so that anyone wanting to review all the posts under New Classes , Technology etc., would have an easily accessed way to do that.
UPDATE: either the multiONE search is not working or I am unable to come up with a key word to generate a response. I’ve tried “multihull”, stability" and a few others. I posted some important information there regarding multihull stability that seems to not be accessble for one reason or another. A searchable topic list would be most helpfull.

edtadmultione31704
edt-added one sentence to begining of post to make “direction” of post clearer.

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

If you dont like the way the administrator is acting…you are free to leave!
You could also make your own forum as YOU want!

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Gee Wismerhell, that was a hostile reaction to a suggestion that could improve access to the forum archives for everyone on this forum.
Pretty pitifull response if you ask me!
ADDED: It seems irresponsible ,to me, for a moderator to respond in such a way under a category specificaly entitled:“Problems ,Suggestions, Comments”.
It further seems to me that a “newbie” reading this exchange could be intimidated from posting a comment or suggestion because of the rude and offensive response I received to my suggestion from someone who is supposedly representing this forum.

edt-see added above.
Doug Lord

nah…that wasnt hostile…just a suggestion LOL!

As for improving the forum; I think Chad made the right choice…much faster to load if you have a slow connection.

Wis

My suggestion was not a comment on what Chad did to the archives: it was an idea that might make the archives more accessible to everyone. The archives contain information that ,as best as I can tell, can’t be fully accessed under the current search facility. The creation of a searchable Topic Index would make 100% of the archived information accesible.

Doug Lord

if you know how to make a “search” it shouldn’t be any problem to get the infos you need!

[;)] enough…

Wis

I just spent some more time with the search system; it does work very well. It still seems to me that if you could search the all actual topics it would be very beneficial.
I was able to get many topics to show up by searchng under “new class” and specifying the New Classes section. So it may be that what I’m suggesting is already there -it may just take some experience with it.

Doug Lord

lol you too need a room
so far the changes that have been made. are working.it was first dick and doug, then greg and doug, and now it is wis and doug. does anybody seem to see a "thing " happening here?
doug there was nto hostileitiy there that i could read. and so far a a search engine? for achive topics?
chad can and maybe will do something with it. but untill HE decideds to do something with it. you are I cannot do anything with it
cougar