things to work on

Wis,
This has happened to me twice now. When I type in a reply & click on “preview post”, everything freezes up & gets lost. VERY frustrating, especially since I’m not a real fast typist. Is this just me & my computer, or is it something endemic to the forum?
Regards,
Bill

here is a quick reply…first time…let me see if it works?
used firefox

It did it to me again, but this time I’d saved what I’d typed & was able to cut & paste to get it to work. This one seems to be working ok too

Ok I know what you mean and I am trying to track down what is causing this issue. Its not just the using the quick reply. I am guessing (only because I am unable to truly confirm) that the issue is with the hosting service that I am using. I am trying to look up the current load on the server around 10:00pm and around 3:00 pm.

Had the same problem several times.

Also IE sometimes gets lost when trying to load a sub-board. Loads forever. Sometimes finishes, sometimes ends in a busy-loop.

Chad & Marcus,
I’m glad to hear it’s not just me having the problem. Thanks for looking into it.
BTW, each time it has happened I was using the quote feature, not the quick reply.
Regards,
Bill K

A 28 inch version of the Mini40/F-48 GHOST TRAIN

OK - embeded images seem to work - if - “IF” you know how to use them. But strange - there is a check box to turn off smilies, yet there are no smilies available to check to be used within the post.

Also missing are most HTML codes, or hints on how to use them that the old board had. Where are all the user help items - and (in fact) where are help topics other than the usual FAQ’s listed?

Maybe the board can do the same (or more) than the old board, but it sure isn’t user-friendly like the old one with the many features that are available.

Not sure it really is that much better… just my opinion - anyone else miss the “click-to-select” options?

yes!!

as for smilies…they are here !! I remember setting things in my profile!
Doing that, gives more options when posting!

“evil smile”----> who needs html code anyway, dont you know them by heart! GRIN “evil smile” …

will see what I can do this afternoon.

:splat::shoot: ok I think I have them working now (the smilies) :p:bag:

Thanks Chad - starting to resemble the old board. All ya gotta do is ask, I guess. :trouble: