The "working" Prototype

Prototype as the name suggests is something that is trialed and modified until the builder is happy with the design.

The photo here is of the one I use.
It’s ugly but that’s what a real prototype should end up being like. After all it has been repeatedly changed.

Download Attachment: [ prototype.JPG](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Peter _Birch/200459163030_prototype.JPG)
27.24KB

Peter,
“Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder.”
There is no way that boat is ugly!.
It looks very smart, it is a real boat, it is sailing on real water,AND we have a photo of it doing it!, what more could you want??.
Congratulations, looks very nice, I wish you well with your venture.
YOUR boat has made it onto the water without a load of BS, or repetitive postings about what you are hoping to do, YOU have quietly DONE IT, be proud.
John.

Peter
For a prototype…It looks great!!
If you hate it that much cause it’s ugly I will gladly take the ugly thing off your hands
HAHAHAAHHA

Jeff
Alberta

nice one Peter [;)]; as usual not much talking…only actions…great!! Congratulations

Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

_/ <font color=“red”>The “hostile” one </font id=“red”>[;)] _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Peter - looks great. If public, email me with your intended modifications and why you think they may be necessary (if applicable) or if you want to try something.

Nice job!

Nice looking boat!

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

is that an IOM no.1 rig? looks very sleek
ed

Thank you for all the kind remarks relating to this boat. I assure you that the next one will look much better. This one was originally thrown together in about three weeks. I will admit the molds were already made.

The modifications will include
Lowering the beam angle (currently they are around 10 degrees but need to be 6-7 degrees)
Changing from aluminium beams to carbon fibre
Softening the deck joints so that they are more pleasing to the eye.
Raising the free board at the transom on all hulls.

Ed
The rig that is home made is .87 square metres which is just under legal maximum size for the class.
To give you an idea the headsail is about the same size as a number 1 main off a IOM.

Peter

Peter
Is this the type of boat that I can see if i make my way down to Brisbane? I like the idea that you intead on going to carbon beams. May I ask the reason for this?
The main sail looks to have a crease up the luff. Is this right or is the photo giving that effect?
I would suggest that you improve the shape of the bow on the main hull, admitted I know little about r/c multihull design, but it seems to push quite abit of water. What is the reason for this?

Thanks StevenA

peter
i love the boat. it looks sleek. but i dont know if it is an IOM rig? it looks like the seawind rig. but still well down. you have me thinking
cougar
long live the cup

seawind’s head/jib sail doesnt have a straight leach. more like an iom sail to me
ed

<font color=“red”>Is this the type of boat that I can see if i make my way down to Brisbane? </font id=“red”>

Yes, this boat is my modified Snapdragon. There are “standard” looking snappy designs as well, but they have been changed slightly so they tack better and excellerate out of tacks quicker.

<font color=“red”>I like the idea that you intead on going to carbon beams. May I ask the reason for this?</font id=“red”>

Main reason for going to carbon fibre beams is to take out some weight and for eye appeal. I could you standard fibreglass but I personally want to start using more carbon in my boats.

<font color=“red”>The main sail looks to have a crease up the luff. Is this right or is the photo giving that effect?</font id=“red”>

I figured that some one would comment on the mainsail crease. This was caused by having to much luff round and has since been rectified.

<font color=“red”>I would suggest that you improve the shape of the bow on the main hull, admitted I know little about r/c multihull design, but it seems to push quite abit of water. What is the reason for this?</font id=“red”>

The bow pushes to much water due to the mandatory bow bumper(required under class rules) being to blunt.

Peter