SLR 1200 1:10 Scaled Racing Yacht

Smaller scale than 1 : 10 I’d say, the Website also gives reference to the Scalemodelco TP52 which is 1 : 10 scale.

Nobody has taken me up on the moveable ballast - but.

Long time ago there was a Finot Passatore half tonner called Bandito - essentially the Finot works boat. I never saw her in the flesh, but the story was that she had two transverse tracks below decks at about bunk height. On this there ran a pair of pipe cots. When she went about, she tacked the off-watch crew.

For those who have been following the recent rule controversies, she had an interesting touch. The half-ton rules required a flush toilet or fitted bucket. A proper sea toilet was unthinkable on grounds of weight and, being French, her crew did not think that the fitted bucket was very important either. But they fitted one as the rules required - just next to the cooking stove. It was used as a food store.

I found out, the Vision Sails VS90 is 90cm long, smaller than what i am looking for, but a beautiful boat none the less. Getting closer to having a design pinned down and this one isn’t even copyrighted. I basically started from scratch and I def. like where it is going.

Angus, I have a very simple system that I’ve created that has a 2kg and/ or 3kg Lead Disk bolted to the extended arm of a large sailwinch.

The sailwinch moves in a 60 deg arc which effectively moves the lead disk from one gunwhale to the other, much like real life crew would.

It’s not an exact science as the movable ballast is either on one side or the other which can make DDW tricky, leaving the boat to somewhat wobble its way down the course.

Conversely I’m taking the “Real Life” crew aspect to a miniature level with scaled “weighted” crew to hopefully hike from side to side whilst sailing.

Stay tuned for that one, as I’m trying to stop the Spinnaker mechanism getting hot whilst not in use first.

Millrtme,

Well done, and do look at the TP52 at www.scalemodelco.com/ as I’m sure it shall give you some idea’s.

HCW,
Def. have some cool scale deck hardware. I talk to the owner the other day and he is going for a 1:10 scale rather than 1:12. I am working on the file to get all my shadows seperated and I think rather than having a plug CNC cut, I am going to have the shadows laser cut. Then I will plank it out and build a mold from that. Getting excited, starting to come together.

Here’s a couple of Pic’s that probably needs no explaination. My Daughter was playing around with some Figures that I use to get a minature perspective and actually presented me with a pretty cool Pic.

I’ve also shown one of the Clutches that hold the Halyards and Cunningham eye, and work very well.

how is your spinnaker rigged? I assume it is doused behind the jib, i’m trying to design one for a future project