Sailrocket launched!

According to the Daily Sail Sailrocket was launched at Merlin Quay, Southampton, UK and christened by Lady Caroline Johnson widow of Sir Peter Johnson,founder of the World Speed Sailing Record Council.
Sailrocket has NO HEELING MOMENT so has much less drag than other systems like foils or weight used to develop righting moment.
The only limits on her speed are aerodynamic and hydrodynamic since stability is not a factor.

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

My dear friend lorsail!
Must be a very smart design showing “NO HEELING MOMENT”. Today, I will visit the akupunkteur for the fourth time. My bad neck must be cured in time for the 2.4mr World Championships. An akupunkteur applies a “HEALING TORQUE” using small needels. These are inserted into ones nerves and slowly rotated until you camplain in pain. By the way, who has design the rocket?
Regards,
Booster

Booster, the designer is Malcom Barnesley: here is another site with info:
http://www.yachting-world.com/auto/newsdesk/20030028110712ywnews.html
Good luck with the needles -and with the 2.4 meter Worlds!

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Lorsail!
Thanks, interesting drawing of the forces acting on the sailrocket. In the direction shown, it seems to be equilibrium. At least under flat water conditions and the entire sail being powered. However, it seems to work very well.
Regards,
Booster