Sail Simulator games

Greetings

Just wonder is there anyone else that plays the sail simulator game???

And if so have you got it to work online??

Jeff
Alberta

yes and yes!

Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Sail simulator?

Travis

Don’t forget to have fun!!!

great fun and 100% more fun online. the vo60 is a blast in 60knts with a kite up! just remember to keep the water ballast on the high side! fantastic wipeouts.

Ahh, finally, some people to sail with

Hey Sean, I can set the wind to as high as I want it (it doesn’t like it over 250 knots though I don’t think, some error’s seem to come up LOL!!!), 200 knots with a hankercheif up in the AC sends it downwind at 40-50 knots. And who needs water ballast, I don’t sail with water ballast unless its about 20 knots, because it doesn’t help downwind for me, this way it keeps weight off the boat.
There are lots of other sceneries that you can download as well, just reply to this topic or email
My fastest speed is 73.2 knots in 64.2 knots of wind in the AC boat, what is the fastest speed anyone else has gone?

We are going to be using it as a training aid with dad’s sailing school (www.tradewindssailingschool.bravehost.com) because it is so realistic, being able to set most of the things on the boat, and dinghies that capsize.

I would have to say it is the best Sailing Simulator so far, I have Virtual Skipper 2 as well, but I think that Sail Simulator is heaps better for the controls and being able to set so many different things.

I know how to race online, but we need to get a server so we can host our own courses online, to do that we have to contact the Sail Simulator people, but they are lazy. But I have a course online, you will need Sail Simulator 4.2.4.0 which if you have version 4.2.2.5 you can update off www.sailsimulator.com once you have done that you put into the Host IP www.sailarena.tzo.com and into the Host Port 4000 you most likely will be able to connect if the guys server is running.

Just remember to tell me when you want to sail, email me at yachtie2k4@pacific.net.au and depending on the time I will be able to sail.

Travis check out www.sailsimulator.com

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands & promtly walked away.

Don’t forget to visit some cool photo’s at http://au.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yachtie2k4/my_photos

Just getting to grips with it, Loving the Tornado, wish it was the sport version with the kite though! Is there anywhere you can get more boats?

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Matt;
you cant get more boats but you can make new area or designs for your boats. You can also make some nice designs of the existing boats.

Wis

Interesting

I was just at the Virtual Skipper site ,the scenery is way better looking then that found in Sail Sim. And some nice looking boats.

Seems the server is still down at the sail arena. frigging waste of time even trying. lets see tried on Friday Saturday and Sunday 6 to 10 times each day and nothing. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh well sailing by self is not to bad, no one can say I broke a rule HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jeff
Alberta

Jeff,
The boats in Sail Simulator are heaps better than the boats in virtual skipper, they only have 4 boats, sail sim has 11
I have emailed the owner of Sail Arena, so I will see what he says.

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands & promtly walked away.

Don’t forget to visit some cool photo’s at http://au.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yachtie2k4/my_photos

Jeff;
A big difference between Sail Simulator and VSK3 is; well the first is a “simulator” and the 2nd is more a game…sure VSK3 rules with the graphics…very nice!
SAil Sim offers more controls and possibilities!!
SAying that A is better than B is NOT possible and shouldnt be said!!!..if you like PC (games and sims) then you need both to be satisfied…they offer both something the other doesnt offer!

Just my 2 Yen

Wis
An Ex-hardcore gamer!! ok…I still play…sometimes [;)]

Hopefully in version 5 of sail simulator they will include a boat designing program so that we can share our boats, & I will finally be able to make some awesome boats!!
there are only a few things that Sail Simulator needs, boats to race against offline, would like more than 8, try like 100+, rules, more sail controls, vang, cunningham, topping lift, downhaul, battern control when you first start off, boat designing program, boats that break up when you wipeout or crash into something, hmm, there are a few other things that I can’t remember, but will add later.
If anyone else can tell me what else they want that would be great. Just to figure out what else needs workin on from Stentec please reply with your thoughts.

Hello there everyone interested in Sail Simulator.
I was speakin to the owner of www.sailarena.tzo.com today & he had to reload his computer, which meant he had to close the network.
But we can all be happy now because it is back online, I tried it just before I wrote this post & it worked [:-bouncy]
So you should be able to get on to www.sailarena.tzo.com with ease.
Goody Goody Gum Drops!!!
Go & play
rob

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promtly walked away.

sail simulator ='s no mac support?

I have a PC at work . . . but all mac’s at home.

any help anyone?

~tb

I think that you will have to get a PC at home. have put a post on the www.sailsimulator.com forum, so we will have to wait till someone replies.
Sodium, what version of Sail Simulator do you have, is it 4.2.4.0? if it is we will have to have some races online cause now the www.sailarena.tzo.com server is workin!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
I am usually online at about 6pm GMT+10hrs (East Aus Time) till about 9pm GMT+10hrs (East Aus Time). have you got MSN or Yahoo or ICQ chat programs, so that we can organise a time easily?
rob

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promtly walked away.