Request for MP3 female start sequence

Great, I’ll send my mail address now :slight_smile:

OK,

I’ve done a little tweaking after trying to listen to the tracks outside, and working with a stop watch.

I changed the click track to sound more like the AMYA audio (just for familiarity).
I also lowered the level a bit on the click track so it isn’t so over bearing.
I put the click back over the 10-1 countdown, without it the timing of the voice was slightly off.
I lowered the bells a bit so they don’t distort as much when the volume is at max.
I raised the voice levels so they could be heard better.
I put exactly 5 seconds of silence at the front (allows for the person hitting the start button on the audio device time to get back to their boat).

I made a 1 minute file with the air horn at the start for practice regattas.

For a bonus - I made the same with male voice for those who don’t like female voice. (You’re welcome)

I think we can finally put this to bed. Feel free to use these files, pass them among friends (enemies allowed also), upload to other web sites, submit them to whomever, etc.

But if someone finds something that is majorly wrong with the files, let me know and I’ll try to correct it.

You sound like me with clients…

“I understand that this bottle opening sfx sounds slightly less like it does in your house, and no I don’t really care that your wife prefers the sound of a coke tin to a sprite can, but it works in this context…”

to which they reply…

“yes, but I need versions just in case 1 consumer out of 40 000 000 decides it’s false advertising”

which is when you hope they run out of money so they have to make a decision :cool:

Hopefully that sorts it out for everyone, if not I’m still open help out.
Cheers
Andrew

Guzz, nice clean version of the countdown; I think you hit the mark on what TomoHawk was asking for. I would still be interested in Ian’s voice clips and see what Adrew can assemble from them.
Scott

Some progress, I have managed to acquire a Tascam DR100 recorder, so later this week I should have some voice clips.
I have also realised that a female friend of mine has the most glorious and clear voice and I shall get her to give me some clips also.
Not long now…

OK, all done, I have made voice tracks with both male and female friends who have both given permission to use them without restriction.
I have sent them to Andrew in South Africa on the seventh but have yet to have any acknowledgement of receipt.
We will await progress.
Cheers, Ian.

Hi guys,

Sorry it’s taking so long. I’ve downloaded Ians voices and have cut them to time. I am currently grabbing the versions Guzz did last as a referance - that seems to be what everyone’s liking. Will be up by tomorrow evening.

Just as an explanation, we moved studio’s and have had some serious teething issues and big high profile jobs at the same time :P.
I’m only just catching up with everything now.

Cheers
Andrew

OK, had a break :slight_smile:

I have a version for 3 minutes with a warning and an instruction to put the boat into the water, then silence until 2 minutes and then it runs as per these versions. I haven’t bothered loading them in case I need to do changes.

Cheers
Andrew

I still has all the knocking sounds, but the voices are very nice.

Coolest, I’ll do it in the morning and upload it like that for you.

There you go. Let me know if I need to do the 3 minute & 1 minute versions.

They sound good to me :slight_smile:

Great, I’ll load the other lengths for everyone on Monday.
Shall I put them up with the metronome as well for anyone else who prefers to have them in?

On a completely different thought,

What do you call a mdiget in the railway system… a metro-gnome :slight_smile:

Sorry, studio humour.

OK, different lengths with clicks :slight_smile:

Here are the versions without the clicks.

LEt me know if anything else is wanted/needed, and thanks to Ian for sorting out the voices

Cheers
Andrew

Wow, you present way too many hoices! LOL j/k

So, now, how do we get those to the RDs at the regattas?

I have no idea:)

I’ll PM you

Wow, this thread has been active for nearly two years!
In response to “So, now, how do we get those to the RDs at the regattas?”, Naptolene, I suggest that you start a new thread, including the files, under the General Discussion heading. This will get the broadest audience (not just Footy skippers). A reference to this thread should be included if someone wants to trace the lineage of the thread.
A big thanks to all of the contributers; there has been some really good work done here.
Scott

That sounds fine, but the real obstacle will be to get the hard-to-change people to stop using the illegal AMYA version. Most of these people are “hard-core sailors” who “know the rules.” In their minds, “it (the AMYA-supplied recording) ain’t broke” so they don’t want to use something else, even if it is correctly made according to the RRS, which those people are so familiar with!

Agree. All we can do it provide the “water” for the horses :). Moving the discussion out from the Footy discussion will at least broaden the readership.
Scott