I just acquired a damage Infinity 54. After repairing, I’m thinking of repainting hull. I was wonder how members have tackled sanding down old paint and repainting hull.
well I repainted my Seawind last year…of course it’s just a “plastic” hull, but I guess it should be the same way for other materials.
- wet-sanding using 180…way down to 400.
- primed, after wet-sanded it with 400
- waited one week to let it dry
- painted with the wanted color…waited a week
- light wet-sanding, then gloss…again waited a week…
Nice looking paint job, did you use a power sander or by hand?
all by hand!!!