Region One Championship Regatta

A reminder that the Footy Region One Championship Regatta will be sailed to Rosemary Lake in Needham, MA on Saturday, October 25, 2008. Skipper’s Meeting at 10 AM.

To date we have 12 skippers signed up.

Jim Linville
(781)925-0045
jimisu[A]Comcast.net

Last minute flurry of building activity underway…

Then the forecast came in:

Saturday: A chance of showers after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 62. Light wind becoming south between 11 and 14 mph. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Winds: 7 at 9am, 14 by 2pm with gusts to 26 in the afternoon.

Guess the new tall swing rig ain’t getting any use!

How did the regatta go? I had to be away at a rowing regatta, but I was thinking about you all!

I’m sure there will be a writeup in the next MinuteMan MYC newsletter.

But there were 12 boats. Scott Spacie won, followed closely by Cliff Martin sailing one of Scott’s boats, and Herb Dreher sailing another of Scott’s boats. I think Niel Goodrich might have been next, or maybe Jim Linville. Neil made the long trip with his Brujo design. Let’s just say, he’s a craftsman. His boats, keels, fins, rigs, keel bulbs were all amazing to look at, and he made them all himself. I know Jim L took lots of photos. I was somewhere back in the pack with my old Pip Squeak, as I had paint incompatibility issues with my Amigos hull the week before the regatta. Bill H. had electronics issues first thing in the morning that pretty much took him out.

Note: Scott’s boats have won all the major Footy regattas up here in Region 1 in the last year and a half, but I think this is the first time he’s done it. Also, he had his Mac rig on the boat. Typically he’s been beaten by his traditional sloop rigged boats.