Razor Footy Information

After being the Footy Registrar in the UK since the class was adopted by the MYA and have now handed the role oiver to Angus I’ve decided that it is time to build one. Can any one help me please. I’m in the throes of building a Razor. I’ve got all the hull shapes but I cannot find any reference to mast position or where the radio kit is located. I need this to sort out the deck.

All contributions gratefully received.

Bill

Hi Bill…nice to see you here.

I get so many requests for this stuff I’m beginning to regret publishing the hull plan! But for you, I will be glad to do it. Give me a little time this weekend, because rather than point to other places I’ve put this info, I’ll do some measurements from my latest Razor (hull hasn’t changed) and take some pictures. I’ll post it all here and send it to Charles to put on the Footy Plans page, too.

Bill H

Bill

Thanks for coming back so quick. No need to regret publishing the design it looks good and with a bit of thought can be made to sail very effectively. Hope I can contruibute. I have been loking for information on how the rig is set up, how the goosneck/kicking strap is configured etc. I was going to foillow the conventions used in model yachting in the UK but I’d appreciate any thoughts you may care to offer.

Bill

Here you go, Bill.

I posted Razor Specifications in a new thread to make it more accessible to people. Let me know if there’s anything that would be useful that I didn’t think to include.

Bill H