Radios

Hey all,

I’m working a project of building several like sailboats for my kids. Is Futaba discontinuing the 2VR/Attack SR? If so, what’s a suitable replacement for it? I see that Hitec’s Ranger II is supposed to include a rachet mechanism for the throttle. How is this radio? Thanks in advance,

Travis

Don’t forget to have fun!!!

I use the Ranger 2 and it does have a ratchet for it…it costs $48 with shipping and handling ($39.99 without S/H)

Vince

Try to choose FM system
There are three main Transmission/reception Systems
1? FM PCM
2? FM PPM
3? AM
AM is used is almost all small “ready litle cars for kids” they sell on stores, so you could have more interference problems than with the other)
FM is the really option for a medium good or very good system
There are several good radios at FM - PPM range you could find for an afordable price. See Futaba or Hitec Web Pages to choose
In a Commercial talking, FM is more tradind coted
Try to learn a beet more on Transmission/reception.
If you want to upgrade later so forget AM system
Those radios you mencioned (Futaba Attack or even Hitec Range 2) are AM System
With ono commercial interest you could find something on my site
Best choice

Regards
THE SAILOR
http://the-sailor1.tripod.com/index.htm

theres also the new WiFi thing coming soon…apparently

-Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

I was talking on
SYSTEMS that are at the same time ""affordable and “on” the market at this time.
As you said …coming soon…apparently
(My opinion : It would be nice and it will be the future !!!)

Regards
THE SAILOR

The Hitec Ranger III FM from Tower is listed at $69.99 . Have used AM Futaba and Ace radios for 20+ years and started having “glitching” problems this year (very frustrating). The FM radios do not seem to be prone to this and the range seems to be about 50% better.Well worth the extra money if you anticipate sailing with a group. Clyde

Most the radios that come in the Radio Shack and/or toy store are on an AM frequency, but a 27MHz frequency. And I’d certainly get a four or six channel computer radio so that I only have to invest in onboard gear for the various boating projects I’ll endevour into over the years. But I’m just interested in simple, 75MHz syetems for several kids. I can’t find an FM, 2-channel system from Hitec, Futaba or Airtronics. Is there another manufacturer out there? Thanks for your thoughts.

Travis

Don’t forget to have fun!!!