Predator Photos/Experience

Can anyone here provide photos or personal experiences with the Predator IOM design? I am contemplating a build, but don’t know what kind of conditions it is suited for.
Thanks,
Andrew

Hi:
I knew by reading some forum I don´t remember actually, that the predator is not a good boat, its performance is not even average of any IOm, may be that is why there are no pictures or people who built it before as much as a Laerke, Noux or Vanquish.

tato Lazo.

I was sort of starting to wonder the same thing, but chocked it up to the shear number of IOM designs out there. I think I have switched gears and have homed in on the Azetone, a very good looking boat at the right price. I don’t need a used Gran Prix winner boat as there isn’t an IOM fleet around here, just a hodge podge of ODOM’s and USOM’s. If I get an Azetone I will post pics. If you have any opinion on the Azetone please feel free to offer it up. Thanks

-Andrew

There are a couple of pictures on the IOM Nordic site in their design database.

-Barry

Brett who is very active in the Footy scene built the Predator for som time. Don’t know is he still has the moulds.

I raced the boat for a couple of seaons and was pretty happy with it.

Pros:

• Very good design once the breeze is up. The best races I had were in 2nd a 3rd suit conditions.
  • It looks different :smiley:

Cons:

• not the first choice for sailing in light airs

Well my wife and I recently bought a house so the Azetone got pushed out by that, so I may be back to building a Predator. Which is good because those are the conditions we see most around here. I will start my research up again and drawing some stations to be cut. Thanks for the help.

-Andrew Miller