Planking

We are talking about planking in Scale Sail so I thought I what show off my scratch built Barrelback. This started out to be a rescue boat and got out of hand. Everything on it is scratch except the prop.

Thanks
Don
Vancouver Island

Download Attachment: run1.jpg
44.47KB

Download Attachment: run2.jpg
30.28KB

Don

It looks very nice.
Must be a big canvas stood to sit the full size boat on.[}}:-|>>]

Don

Ok now I am jealous, You did a great job on this boat. No that is a understatement a Fantastic Job is better
I may have to head out your way for some lessons

Jeff
Alberta

Nice job, Don! I did one of those Barrelbacks once. Took a looong time to plank. Sometimes it took me a whole evening just to do one plank.[:-scared][:-weepn]

I had to steam most of the planks and they actually pulled away from the shadows from the strain at times but they did the same on both sides so I left it. The boat I got isn’t exactly the one I started out building but I am pleased anyway. All the little shiny bits where turned on my lathe or hand filed from chunks of aluminium. The steering wheel took 8 hrs. to build. I put a motor from a Dust Buster in it and with 7.2 volts it planes on the back third of the hull. If you squint it looks real.I get about 20 min. per charge. But I find it very boring compared to sailing. My wife thinks that’s funny-she thinks sailing is like watching paint dry. Anyway this boat started out as a rescue boat and I really think that the sailboats are way more dependable. No vibration to loosen set screws, no extreme amperage to burst into flames and no prop to loose.

Thanks
Don
Vancouver Island