Personal Attacks-YOUR name in lights

I want to illustrate to all of you that the unfair, unwarranted personal attack postings by Dan Sherman and others could be carried out on YOU if you do not speak up!!!
It is imperative that all the forums are moderated to eliminate this kind of personal attack!!!
It is me now-I’ve been largely silent on the subject of Dan Shermans outrageous “Manipulation and BS” topic where my name is smeared in the “headlines”. And tonight he started a personally directed poll(update: removed Sunday) under “General Discussion” to “Ban Doug Lord”.
Also tonight under “No Class” in the New Classes section Dick Lemke makes a personal attack on not only Chad but on Matthew Lingley.
A few weeks ago in this section Greg Vasilev under the “Must read newbies " heading publically attacked Chad-and this forum.
Roy Langbord has started no less than two topics in the Pub section to ridicule me in anyway possible.
I am not guiltless either: I wrote a satire under"No Class” that was out of line–I’m guilty as well of being provoked into responces that are inappropriate.
But I say now: THIS HAS TO STOP!!!
All of you should be aware that you are subject to this kind of forum abuse if anyone gets mad at you for any reason!
This must be stopped!!! This is a great forum with the exception of the abuse of it by a small group of people bent on making personal attacks.
Now its me-- but it could be anybody tommorow if these individuals are not stopped from the continuous personal attacks.
Remember that anyone can put your name in “LIGHTS” and there is NOTHING you can do about it unless we have a moderator for all the forum sections.There is a small group of people here that spend much of their time on this forum attacking me(and others-same guys!) instead of discussing issues–and like I said : this time its me but next week it could be YOU!!!
Stop the personal attacks!!!

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Not going to take the ?bait?.

leave him alone, he’s just a salesman selling his snake oil. his products have good merits but his method of promoting it sucks.

Sorry Doug. Your trying to make us all think your the victim here. You brought this all on yourself.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by lorsail

This post is only temporary since I will remove the headlines in a few days if they are not already removed.

I want to illustrate to all of you that the unfair, unwarranted personal attack postings by Dan Sherman and others could be carried out on YOU if you do not speak up!!!
It is imperative that all the forums are moderated to eliminate this kind of personal attack!!!
It is me now-I’ve been largely silent on the subject of Dan Shermans outrageous “Manipulation and BS” topic where my name is smeared in the “headlines”. And tonight he started a personally directed poll under “General Discussion” to “Ban Doug Lord”.
Also tonight under “No Class” in the New Classes section Dick Lemke makes a personal attack on not only Chad but on Matthew Lingley.
A few weeks ago in this section Greg Vasilev under the “Must read newbies " heading publically attacked Chad-and this forum.
Roy Langbord has started no less than two topics in the Pub section to ridicule me in anyway possible.
I am not guiltless either: I wrote a satire under"No Class” that was out of line–I’m guilty as well of being provoked into responces that are inappropriate.
But I say now: THIS HAS TO STOP!!!
All of you should be aware that you are subject to this kind of forum abuse if anyone gets mad at you for any reason!
This must be stopped!!! This is a great forum with the exception of the abuse of it by a small group of people bent on making personal attacks.
Now its me-- but it could be anybody tommorow if these individuals are not stopped from the continuous personal attacks.
Remember that anyone can put your name in “LIGHTS” and there is NOTHING you can do about it unless we have a moderator for all the forum sections.There is a small group of people here that spend much of their time on this forum attacking me(and others-same guys!) instead of discussing issues–and like I said : this time its me but next week it could be YOU!!!
Stop the personal attacks!!!

Doug Lord
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>
Kinda like Survivor! I like it![:-idea]

If you ask some, my concerns on my post of "How Stupid is this?? , that DL is referring, seem to have come to light here. In no way was it attacking Chad, though he seems to have read it that way. So, I did follow up with a quick apology, something that some here can?t conceive of.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by guntherprein

leave him alone, he’s just a salesman selling his snake oil. his products have good merits but his method of promoting it sucks.

i do agree…

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Gunther and Wis- it’s apparently easy for you to just say what comes to mind regardless of the facts.

1. I have never sold a boat or anything else as a result of this forum
  2. If I’m trying to sell the technology I advocate why is it that I give it away for free?
  3. Why is it that I have posted DETAILS of my spinnaker system, hydrofoils etc for anyone to copy?
  4. Why is it that I have spent so much time helping dozens of people do for FREE what has cost me thousands to learn how to do?
  5. Its easy to jump on a bandwagon when the truth does’t matter but I would have thought that you two would have more regard for the facts!!!

Doug Lord

Doug,
I really really thinks the boats you are making / selling are great…no doubt about it!
and, yes i did want one!!
Yes you are helping and giving advices to many people! thats great, and we are thankful for it!
its just…well no point anyway…

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>“Dick Lemke makes a personal attack on not only Chad but on Matthew Lingley”<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”> - NOT a personal Attack - <u>SIMPLY FACTS </u>unless you can prove otherwise:

1. Matthew admits to making an edit on someone else’s post WITHOUT having the decency to contact the original poster and ask for a voluntary edit/removal.

2. Chad Has Not responded to my email, 2 personal messages via “Contact the Administrator”

No additional response to the beginning post of the thread is necessary.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by lorsail

1. Why is it that I have spent so much time helping dozens of people do for FREE what has cost me thousands to learn how to do?

Perhaps, you could do it in “private” - since it appears you know how to make use of the forum’s email system?

It get’s S-o-o-o-o tiring !

Editorial Comment [ smcartoon.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/200429151459_smcartoon.jpg)

I?m going to have to buy the artist a drink, because that?s damn funny.

-Dan

dick that was funny
but how do you know i have a beard. it is just a goatee:-)
cougar
and i realy dont htink foils are nesscary

Sorry Cougar - It kind of came to me in a dream.

Gunther and Wis- it’s apparently easy for you to just say what comes to mind regardless of the facts.

1. I have never sold a boat or anything else as a result of this forum
  2. If I’m trying to sell the technology I advocate why is it that I give it away for free?
  3. Why is it that I have posted DETAILS of my spinnaker system, hydrofoils etc for anyone to copy?
  4. Why is it that I have spent so much time helping dozens of people do for FREE what has cost me thousands to learn how to do?
  5. Its easy to jump on a bandwagon when the truth does’t matter but I would have thought that you two would have more regard for the facts!!!

Doug Lord
to answer your post,please read:
1.you’ll never sell one if you don’t change your sales pitch. you sound like a used car salesman.
2.to try to entice prospective clients
3.same as no.2
4.same as no.3
5. its not the bandwagon thing. i know a lot of rc boat builders in the U.K and from down under and i have never seen or read any of their postings downgrading each others products just to make their own buck.

i hope you see the big difference.
cheers