Other Hobbies

Big Boats for 30 years. Started with a Catelina 27 for a few years, then an Ericison 35 Mk 2 for 18 years racing offshore in Pacific from Santa Barbara to Baja California. J-24s for about 5 years campaiging from San Fran to San Diego. Qualified for the Worlds in 94 but they were in Greece and I couldn’t afford to go.

Bike riding, hace a Dahon Speed TR and do 15 miles a day.

Motorhoming, have a 30 foot Safari Trek and spend 5 to six months a year on the road.

Too much time on Internet and not enough time reading. Also gardening.

Do’t know how I ever found time to work before I retirered seven years ago.

Photography
Travel (can’t get enough)
Golf - biggest handicap - the little white thing that mostly ruins a nice walk around the paddocks:mes:
R/C boats - DUH what else - EC12’s in particular (have 5 here at the moment and 1 battered old IOM)
Used to sail the “big boats” but kids, and time of wich there ain’t enough of got me away from them:crazy:

Other than r/c model yachts

I used to do a lot of stick and tissue free flight model airplanes untill I had this really good biplane which I spent months building only to have it stepped on and crushed be a little white dog that came out of nowhere. I also got tired of getting them stuck in tree tops.

My main life activity is making strange paintings about the physics of wind and water and mechanical engineering and architecture. check out www.strangepaintings.com This all comes out of sailing wich Idid in big boats since I was four with my dad in Connecticut. We used to sail a Marshall 18 cat-boat for many years, and we also had a Freedom 30 for a bunch of years.

Oh and I’ve been playing bluegrass banjo for a while.
Plus I’m an elected union officer for the security guards at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, PC was out for repair got it back today.
You need a trailer to haul the boat to the lake.

I do R/C sailing/building, full scale sailing, and I’m just getting into R/C planes.
I got a 3 channel trainer recently to learn to fly on, and i have a model of a Predator Drone that i will fly once i learn how.

I am planning on flying these things off of a dock. Does anyone who has any experience with R/C planes know if it will be too hard to land it on the dock? (It’s 54’ long).

your first flight will answer that question for you. I don’t think you will achieve that kind of control in your first few flights. Most guys I see flying are doing well to touch down on runway the size of two tennis courts.

A have some experience flying an RC sailplane. Sadly not enough experience. The wing needs replacing after suffering some irrepairable damage during it last vertical, high-speed, “landing”. The rudder servo is awaiting redeployment to a new role as a rudder servo on one of my boats. Darn it. I was just getting the hang of it too. :weeping:

Is that Chris Craft a model? It looks too real!
This is my scratch Barrelback
Don

Don,

Its a Pro Boat Classic R/C Barrel Back Runabout RTR.
Trailer was custom built from pictures for a guy in Texas.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456411

Don M.

Riding a little on my mountain bike, but not enough to really get back in shape for REAL bicycle competition: BMX. As we used to say when my son and I were campaigning around the eastern US, “Real bikes only have ONE Gear!”

Actually that 55& over Cruiser class is getting VERY tough, so I’ll stick with pleasure riding and my new fascination with grandchildren and R/C yachts. I do feel an urge to get that 1-year old up on the gate, however…