OOO YEA SAILING SEASON STARTS TOMORROW

OOOO YE, sailing season starts for me tomorrow, which means its summer YEA!!
meant to be blowing 10-15 knots, good day for first sail of rc boat yea!!!
hey, did i tell ya, that i have got my self a boat buildin apprenticeship, ye, www.pbmy.com.au
cya rob

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promptly walked away.

Hi yachtie2k4!
Well, in Sweden we have the opposite situation.
Regards,
Booster

Well here in Holland the same, but the sailing season for small boats is about to start. hehe :wink:

Folkert

Download Attachment: boot1.jpg
71.86KB

check out this link for a full report http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=885

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promptly walked away.

First week in October and we are still in the 90’s here… looking forward to some cooler weather soon… Sailing Season? what’s that?? don’t you guys sail all year `round? We do, but then Tennis is considered a Winter Sport here.

I would sail all year round, but the racing finishes for the winter & then starts for spring, & the price of travelling from my joint down to my yacht club is very expensive, so no, i don’t sail all year round which sucks

At least you don’t have to chop a hole in the lake to put your boat in eh?? [}:)]

Larry,

I do know what you mean…less than 2 months to go an chop here[:(]

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

I can say it will be 80 degrees today any day of the year!!!

Hey Wis, go out and cut your hole NOW… while the water is still soft![:D]

Hoj, we like the Winter… it only lasts about 3 weeks, and we get to wear clothes that last a lifetime. No kid in South Texas has ever worn out a sweater. We even had snow about 15 years ago! It lasted all afternoon!

I almost moved to Texas in 1980. You had hurricane David then Fred then a heat wave that killed everything from chickens to humans. I picked Hawaii instead. I can always go to the Ice Palace and play some hockey if I need to.

those j class boats are impressive. where do i get one
wow nice pictures. and i sail almost year round. maybe get a ice boat next
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

well, the boat is handed in with all paper work, wont get the thing back for at least 2 weeks. but i am sailing on sunday YEA, 10-15, dropping to 10, which sucks, i want 15-20 from north that would be fun!

Well, the race started at 2:30pm, with about 10 knots, fading to under 5 by the end of the race, I came 3rd (me sailing my laser) behind a 470 & a Tasar, which was pretty good going. was keeping up with them from the start till the first tack, which was a big distance, like nearly 1/2 the leg. then they got away from me a bit, but i was catching them down the reaches, then up wind for the beat, i was keeping the same speed with the tasar, down the run, i was catching up slowly, then up the 3rd beat i was keeping the same speed, down the last reaches they started getting away from me as the wind started dieing.
before that though, i went sailing from like 9:30am till like 12 lunch time, it was blowing between 10-13 knots, sailed out to the shipping channel, which is over 1nm off shore, then sailed back in to shore without the rudder, capsized like 4 times because of stupid things i did, got it up without using the rudder to get it back sailing, & continued on into shore, buried the bow a few times, much fun was had though.
Rosebud YC put on a good Open Day with lots of food before the start :smiley:

yachtie,

is sailing without the rudder an excerise in sail steering/boat handling? Sounds like a fun challenge to try sometime.

Luke

Makes you a good racer if you practice and use the techniques… because the rudder is a brake… and if you can steer without using it by balancing your forces you are faster. Not unlike trying to joust…heheheh… steering the horse with your legs while holding lance and shield. That’s a great run in for a mile with only 4 knockdowns, I usually do that with the rudder.[B)]

Lucas, it teaches you how to use the hull shape & sail(s) to steer the boat, i can sail my laser full rig in about 5 knots on every point of sail without my rudder, ask me to do it in 10 & I cant, I will capsize because im to light to go upwind, I am fully powered up in about 8 knots with the rudder, fully hiking out as well, ask me to sail downwind without rudder in 10 knots, ye thats easy cause I don’t have to hike out. It is also a lot of fun because it’s hard to do, in the laser you have to stand infront of the mast to get the bow to dig so that the hull can steer the boat. I do it so that I keep my skills up- that was the first time I had gone sailing since like easter.
YEA I was a bowman on an Elliott 7 sports boat last sunday, blowing 15-20 knots, no waves because we were in close to shore so it was good. 3*~20 minute races, that is great fun, buggered every start up & came 2nd over the line every time, shows that if you bugger up early, its very hard to catch up excellent for boat handling/triming.
On Saturday doing bow again on the Elliott 7, Northeast wind of 10 to 15 knots and local afternoon seabreezes to 10 knots.
Noooooooooooo, the temperature has dropped every day for saturday, yesterday it was 25C, now its 24C, maybe tomorrow it will be 23, not good. But i will still sail :stuck_out_tongue:

bugger bugger bugger, what a not so good day today was, light shifty winds, came 1st over the line thought :stuck_out_tongue:

ooooooooo yea, this weekend, its meant to be blowin 20-25 knots southwesterly, oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gooooooooood times are gonna be had tomorrow.