Ok How do I Start

G’day Steelknee, Let an Aussie get into this as well. These blokes before me have given you some good advise and I know Dick and some of the other “boys” and me have the same big boat experience as you. I’m a Marblehead nut but probably the best advise is to go and look Who sails What around your area. I go with Larry’s advice on the Soling 50" for it is a pleasant speedster, similar to your Big Boat Club Racer, if you get my drift, Shipmate. Most Boats in R/C fall into two kinds, Above 50" and below 40". Of course the 50" sails better in most wave conditions. Again it has a lot to do with where your going to sail.

If you plan to sail at your regular Full size club the Marblehead , Soling 50" would be a really good choice. One thing I will stress is that you go and see what is sailing near you. Introduce yourself,ask for ago of their boats and see (before you buy) if this Sport/ Hobby will suit you. Basically it should be about FUN. And like Big boat racing it has to be FUN to want to go back to do it again.

Welcome aboard , Shipmate.

Steve