NZL Fleet Report

[:-splat] It`s all good news[:-shades]
Our little fleet here in Wellington has been increased with the addition of a new Class II craft built by my friend Paul Dodge. I have included a link to photos on my site.
The complete LS was build in one week, Great effort. I will keep you posted.
[:-mouse]

http://nz.msnusers.com/SharedPicturesIanHB/landyachts.msnw?Page=1

Do it NOW before it`s too late.

Ian,
Tell Paul his landyacht looks like he’s off to a great start, especially for getting it done in one week. [:D][:D][:D]

Speaking of fleets, have you guys tried to do any racing yet? If so, what sort of format/rules are you using?

Bill

ps; The DN Worlds iceboating champioship is being held here starting tomorrow. There will be 120 sailors from 8 countries.Check out www.iceboat.org for frequent updates & probably alot of cool pictures. I think I’ll take one of my models over for some demonstrations in the hopes of creating a bit of interest in the larger ice sailing community

[:-banghead][:-banghead] man i really need to get my yacht built!!

nice job there for a first build!!

[:-clown]Hello Stephen and welcome to this forum. Yes you will have to pull finger now and get your LS finished. After my DRONGO effort described in another thread I have dissasembled my Mark III machine and am proceeding with the construction of Mark IV.[:-cold]
This one will be a proper craft rather than the mickey mouse experimental unit which was used to teach myself a whole bunch of stuff. [:-eyebrows]
I still have some bits and pieces to give you which may be of some help. I will phone you and arrange to meet up.[:-gnasher]

Do it NOW before it`s too late.

ok, i started today!! im using 65mm PVC pipe that i found in dads garage, hope he doesnt mind! [^]… any tips on how to mount my mast? and where? i have a c rig for a IOM… i have mounted the 2 servos so far. Ian some of that aluminium for the wheel brackets! mabey i could get it when simone is over?

Ian,
Just curious.[:-bigeyes][:-bigeyes] Is anything happening with landyachts in Wellington?
Regards
Bill
US66

nothing much with mine, i got the aluminium and went to mount the rear plank to the PVC but it didnt work. i tryed bolting on a piece of sail batten and the pvc just bent under pressure. and bending the aluminium is harder then i thought but i have found a tool at the school workshop today that might be able to use, i will get onto that when i have finished my last project from school.

“But people do need money if they have bills to pay,” I said.“Sure they do,” smiled rich dad. “All I’m saying is that it’s fear that is all too often doing the thinking.”“I don’t understand,” said Mike.“For example,” said rich dad. “If the fear of not having enough money arises, instead of immediately running out to get a job so they can earn a few bucks to kill the fear, they instead might ask themselves this question. Will a job be the best solution to this fear over the long run?' In my opinion, the answer is no.’ Especially when you look over a person’s lifetime. A job is really a short-term solution to a long-term problem.”"But my dad is always saying, `Stay in school, get good grades, so you can find a safe, secure job.’ I spoke out, somewhat confused.“So is there an answer?” asked Mike.dog clothing, “Yes,” said rich dad. dog clothes wholesale “Learn to use your emotions to think, not think with your emotions. When you boys mastered your emotions, first by agreeing to work for free,dog apparel, I knew there was hope. When you again resisted your emotions when I tempted you with more money, pet clothes, you were again learning to think in spite of being emotionally charged. pet clothing, That’s the first step.”“Why is that step so important” I asked.“Yes, I understand he says that,” said rich dad, smiling. “Most people recommend that, and it’s a good idea for most people. But people make that recommendation primarily out of fear.”“You mean my dad says that because he’s afraid?”“Yes,” said rich dad. “He’s terrified that you won’t be able to earn money and won’t fit into society. Don’t get me wrong. He loves you and wants the best for you. And I think his fear is justified. An education and a job are important. But it won’t handle the fear. You see, that same fear that makes him get up in the morning to earn a few bucks is the fear that is causing him to be so fanatical about you going to school.”“So what do you recommend?” I asked.“I want to teach you to master the power of money. Not be afraid of it. And they don’t teach that in school. If you don’t learn it, you become a slave to money.”