Not Real Boats

I’m a Kiwi in the USA. But I’m bilingual - I speak Aussie as well.

It’s after midnight here now, and I can’t beleive I’m up this late on a SUnday night working on a client deadline - and keeping one eye on the forum.

Or as our old mate Max Lewis used to refer to the Qantas tail ensignia “Da Big Red Rat”

Well Muzza, I can tell you about the bloody mouse. You see years ago before the Aussies won the Cup, we have got our national airline called, Bloody Qantas and these planes carry a supposed kangaroo painted on the tail of the plane. Some who worked there thought it looked more like a bloody mouse than a Kangaroo. Hence to the reference to the bloody mouse when the Boxing Kangaroo is mentioned. Ireverant bastards we Aussies.While we are talking about them, On the Australian Coat of Arms there is two animals, a kangaroo and an Emu. these are put there because both can’t walk backwards. I just thought I would add that. So if you see Aussies stepping up , its in their nature. Best of luck with the bloody client!

Steve

Hi Ian, where did you spring from? You weren’t there when I was having this great conversation with muzza. What have you been doing laterly? Come to join the bullshit on 12 metres?

I’ve been making use of those photos you gave me, they were not wasted. What can you tell me about the early IOM in New Zealand?

And who could forget Max Lewis , he was a gem of a man. I miss him heaps.

Steve

ok poeple
this is getting out of hand!!! I have never EVER wanted anything with/picture of dc. UGGGGGGG. now if you put a real sailor on it I might be intrested. somebody like cris dickson , or paul cayard. I would even consider gary jobson.
BUT dont ever let my good name be linked to the fat man
cougar
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

any thing to help out,have just the T shirt,
will send pic if you like ?:rasta:

Hi Coug , I was wondering where you got to? Maybe we can go back talking 12s instead of Match racing T shirts?

What was one of the funny things about A2 was the fact that the red dog syndicate actually had a representative present when A2 was measured but he didn’t say anything about it to his syndicate? Maybe they were feeding him Bundy on the verandah?

Did you find out what part Dr George Wilkins played in the Canadian America’s cup syndicate? Dr George play a significant part in crew developement of that challenge and as well represented Canada in EC12s at Mini America’s Cup that year also in Rhode Island.

Steve

Ian , there was something I wanted to ask you .
Just how many EC12s did you flop, I heard / read (in the NZ rego lists) it was three at different times and how many were flopped off your flopps? Did you know that the Manufacturers in OZ would have made you a mould had you asked, would have saved you a lot of work.

they say stolen apples taste nicer(so they say):trouble: :rasta:

I have a little story for you Coug. I’ll reckon you’ll like this; when Australia 1 hit the water with its new bendy mast, Dennis Conner FORBADE his crew not to look at it. Can you believe that? Some have said that that Aussie One was a real quick boat and that the Australians just didn’t know its potential. The English bought it and it could whip Victory with no trouble.

Did Rusty do you a T shirt with ‘HIM’ on it? Or Chris Jackson. I thought Chris Jackson was that …er er person doing Marine whats it mag? Never dawned on me it was your famous sailor. I couldn’t make the connection. Did you find out about Dr George Wilkins?

Steve

Stephen, I would be happy to tell you of the early days of IOM in NZ.
I would however prefer to do that on a one to one basis rather than on a public forum.
Nothing to hide mind, just that I cannot type that fast to make sense of such a subject.
Likewise the rise & fall & rise again of the EC12 in NZL.
I will be in Sydney in February 2006, hopefully we can sink a couple together.
(thats VBs not ECs) for the non ANZACs.

Ian, that will be nice. don’t know if I can blow-up another car for you though?
Maybe a few odd sherberts at the sailing club?

Someone was telling me that the R/C yachting numbers in NZ are dropping, have you heard anything?

Can you remember the one metre that had almost a triangular section in the early days of one metre in NZ? Do you remember the name of it? Are you still sailing EC?

Coug , I left a message for you, good luck.