My RC boat with automatic canting keel

Hi all,
I have been making a new website for my radio control boat with canting keel, I have worked out a way to make it automatically cant which leaves me with 2 more channels, probably resulting in a assymetrical kite later.
here it is www.yachtie2k4.bravehost.com
there are not many photo’s as yet becuase I need them at school as it is for school, this means that its educational :stuck_out_tongue: eh eh eh.
please reply to tell me ways of improving the website.
thanks
rob

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promtly walked away.

it not bad rob.
you did a go job with the colour and the stats. but we realy do need to se some picture. and 1 peice of advice. if i wanted to build a canting keel boat. and saw you site. you could not show me where to go to get plans? kits? stores?. this may be something you might want to look at. otherwise you didi a good job congrats
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

Thanks cougar,
all the stuff I have at the moment, I have either gotten off friends or brought from hardware stores (Central Timber) and Addie’s Hobbies for the radio control gear.
Rob

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promtly walked away.

the boat went for its first swim, testing the rudder bearing with the keel on, only place it leaks is the keel mounts, but thats cause i havent sealed it yet, but should be done in about 1-2 weeks :smiley: YEA!!! it wont be christened until its first sail which should be in 3-4 weeks, depending on the conditions down at the club, there is one thing i need for the christening, a little bottle of champagne, does any one know where i can get a little bottle of champagne from in east side of Melbourne Australia?]
thanks
rob

rob still no photos?
did you realy build one?
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

yes i really built one, as i am poor, i have to wait till i have filled the camera up with photo’s before i can go & get them developed. its getting built, haven’t finished yet :stuck_out_tongue:
rob

I got photo’s of it now, they are old photo’s yes, but they are there, i have modified it a bit, changed the keel around so that the arm is at the front.
rob
PS, haven’t got plans yet as haven’t made them.

edit: added PS…

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promptly walked away.

Rob -

just an FYI - but your website is currently “dead” and off the air. Used up all your allocated bandwidth !

mmm, ye, to many people visiting it! only got 17 mb of bandwidth which sucks, but i cant complain as its free!!

I see said the blind man to the crippled nudist who put his hands in his pockets & promptly walked away.

Rob

if your loking for a new website host provider you might want to try brinkster there who i use.

http://www.brinkster.com/Hosting/Hosting.aspx

for $4.95 a month its hard to beat, I’m on an old package that they don’t offer anymore but i think i’m going to upgrade my account, because its a much better deal.

Happy Sailing
-Dan

mmm, cant afford $4.95 as i have no money! do they have free hosting?

http://www.bravenet.com/webhosting/ check out their 4.95 deal, looks better.

hi all,
some pics of my great boat :stuck_out_tongue:

Download Attachment: whole_boat1.jpg
51.2KB

more

Download Attachment: keel_canted1.jpg
43.86KB

when are going to see the inside? [:p]

Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

the inside of what?

man, it sucks, the pics are to big to upload on to rc sailing, so i wont be uploading to many.

you can find pics of it on http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9371 my pics are the ones posted by me, yachtie2k4 he he he!!! have fun, theres lots of other rc boats there as well!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ye, sailin season starts tomorrow for me, takin the rc boat down to have its first & last sail for a while probably, check out the weather forecast for saturday
Tonight and Saturday
Northeast to southeasterly wind of 15 to 20 knots moderating to about 10 knots
tonight. North to northwesterly wind of about 15 knots developing by the morning
ahead of a southwest to southerly change of a similar strength during the
afternoon. Waves up to 1 metre.
ye, that is real winds, means big waves at where i’m gonna be sailin it because they come all the way down the bay

these pics are of where i am sailin tomorrow

Download Attachment: mornington.JPG
10.04?KB

Download Attachment: untitled.JPG
22.62?KB

well, boat went for a swim, not such a good day today, 0-2 knots, no waves, mm, & now its bloody well raining, & the boat leaked on its first swim with rig on, ahh well, these things happen, now gotta fix it before tomorrow!!!