my F48 Nightmare

Well here are some pics of my personal F48. I have not had much time to work on it this last week as I am working on finishing up a kit for another customer. Business has been good. I have sold about 6 nightmare kits. I can’t wait until we get them all done! Also shown is a pciture of the new bantock designed rig for this F48 design. Anyone interested in this complete rig kit plus sails please contact me.----------oops I am having trouble uploading my pics, I am going to send them to Dick Lemke and hopefully he can upload them.

Ian Sammis
316-371-7809
isammis1@cox.net

Ian,looking forward to seeing your boat esp. the rig! Why don’t you talk to David Goebel about puttng up a website?
Goog Luck!

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>[i]Anyone interested in this complete rig kit plus sails please contact me.----------oops I am having trouble uploading my pics

Ian Sammis
316-371-7809
isammis1@cox.net
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Ian - following are your pics. Just too big to post at resolution you shot. Took a long time to download originals - but i have them. Cropped and reduced size so should be OK.

Do I understand that you are now offering rig and sails as well in “kit form” ?

Download Attachment: [ Rsmmvc-018f-beams.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/200411116954_Rsmmvc-018f-beams.jpg)
23.01KB

Download Attachment: [ Rsmmvc-020f-masttomain.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/2004111161024_Rsmmvc-020f-masttomain.jpg)
13.86KB

Download Attachment: [ Rsmmvc-022f-maininterior.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/2004111161052_Rsmmvc-022f-maininterior.jpg)
11.27KB

Download Attachment: [ Rsmmvc-026f-mast.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/2004111161115_Rsmmvc-026f-mast.jpg)
7.46KB

Download Attachment: [ Rsmmvc-029f-mainfloatmast.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/2004111161139_Rsmmvc-029f-mainfloatmast.jpg)
15.36KB

Yes, I am now offering a complete rig kit to go along with this boat. All I have shown is the mast and boom as the sails will not arrive at my house for another week or so. Graham Bantock is just finishing up on them. Also anyone who would like a F48 logo for their mainsail can contact me as I am having a bunch of them made for me. The carbon molding that the mast slides into that is shown in the picture is also included in the rig kit. It allows the rig to be raked forward and aft.

Ian

Dick Lemke, Thank you very much for spending time posting my pictures. I will change my digital camera settings so that I can post the pictures myself the next time. I appreciate the help and support you have gi en me over the last six months.

Doug Lord, I am interested in hearing what your progress is on the X3. It is possible that I may be moving to Ft. Walton Beach in the near future and would love to race my Nightmare against your X3.

Ian Sammis

Here are some more pics of my boat. I know it’s not perfect but it’s a good start. The reason my Ama is several different colors is because I primered it once, was not happy with it then primered it again and still did not like it so now I am bringing it to a professional painter. It seems that painting is not a strong point of mine. also anyone interested in buying hulls it is taking me about two months to complete a kit. I am currently working on one order right now and am also working on a pair of crossbars for another person and also have been busy puting this rig kit built by Graham bantock together so you all can see it. I am extremely happy with the quality and design work that Graham has done and I have nto even seen the sails yet. As soon as the sails come in I will post pictures. I have had many people email me about the cost of the rig kit. The rig kit will cost aprox. $250. This will include everything including the mast, booms, mast base box(carbon), sails, F48 logo already applied plus extras. These sails will have aprox. 14% less camber than a traditional 10 rater or marblehead sail. Please feel free to call or email me for ANY questions ANYTIME at 316-371-7809, isammis1@cox.net or 316-517-6920, icsammis@cessna.textron.com at work during the day.

Thank you and have a wonderful day,

Ian Sammis

Ian Sammis

Ian Sammis

Download Attachment: MVC-030S.JPG
39.01KB

Download Attachment: MVC-031S.JPG
37.86KB

Download Attachment: MVC-032S.JPG
38.4KB

Download Attachment: MVC-033S.JPG
39.41KB

Download Attachment: MVC-034S.JPG
38.1KB

Download Attachment: MVC-035S.JPG
38.33KB

Download Attachment: MVC-036S.JPG
38.2KB

Download Attachment: MVC-037S.JPG
39.72KB

Download Attachment: MVC-038S.JPG
40.23KB

Download Attachment: MVC-038S.JPG
40.23KB

Download Attachment: MVC-039S.JPG
37.96KB

Download Attachment: MVC-040S.JPG
35.21KB

Download Attachment: MVC-041S.JPG
39.23KB

Download Attachment: MVC-042S.JPG
37.21KB

Download Attachment: MVC-043S.JPG
37.85KB

Download Attachment: MVC-044S.JPG
38.04KB

Also I am not from ukraine as my profile shows. I live in Wichita, KS USA. I will edit my profile.

Ukraine, Wichita - easy mistake to make!

:slight_smile:

Ian,come on down! Ft. Walton Pensacola are my home towns as a kid up to 18. Great sailing locale and multihull intensive! The X3 is waiting for me to have time from the production boats to build one; tooling is complete.Have to build six F100’s first-at least I should-might be able to work it in…
How is your movable ballast system coming?

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

The moveable ballast is all drawn up in catia. It looks good and I believe it will work very well, I have not had time to actually build it yet though. I have started on the basic frame though. Basically made of carbon tubes. I will post some pics when I get further along.

Ian

Ian - I think I should be thanking you for your efforts time and work putting together a viable multihull “kit” for U.S. consumers. [:-angel]

As had been noted in the past, once a production (or semi-production) platform becomes available, interest will begin to increase. As first boats are sailed and as ideas and improvements become identified, owners may seek to upgrade, and thereby provide a basis of used boats for the next level of owners. It is difficult to bring to market, a new product and try to convince others to purchase it, and even harder when it is a multihull (the step child in the sailing world) when it hasn’t been seen in over a decade in the U.S.

Thanks for your determination and hopefully, as I have said in emails before, this will provide the “spark” to ignite multihull interest.

As the kits are completed and begin sailing, that next step will perhaps prompt additional sales and will provide interest to those who currently view a multihull as a couriosity.

Many thanks again for your efforts, and if I can be of any help, please let me know. Hang in there !!! [:D]

Hi Ian! -
Congratulations, Buddy! -
It looks to me, as if your first “F48 Nightmare” is nearing completion! -
Keep going!!! -
I also read about 6 to 8 “Short Kits” have been sold by you already! -
Very well done!!! -
I can hardly tell, how proud I am -
as this is my idea, my own design,
and my personal dream you are helping to come true finally! -
You know, I always wanted to be a boat designer -
who sells his own dreams also to others -
not only a producer of somebody elses dreams! -
Thank you very much indeed! -
And if you are finally ready to receive the plans, plugs and female moulds of the new “MultiOne Nightmare Trimaran”, just send me a note! -
The pictures of my many designs are still at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/boatbuilder
And if you need any further help or technical information,
you can always contact me at:
petra.zemann@chello.at

Although it is a cold winter with lots of snow here at Austria/Vienna,
I’m very successful and busy to complete the design of a brandnew 40ft.
polynesian outrigger yacht for cruising together with a local customer! -
Some of my outriggerboat designs (commonly called PROA) can also be
found at:
www.multihull.de
and at:
www.maxari.de

As I read through most of the latest postings,
I also had my fun with all these ongoing fights and stupid discussions -
and I’m VERY HAPPY, that I got out of all this childish behaviour! -
And I’m successful and happy, that you are as well!!! -
Best wishes, Ernst

Professional shipwright - boatbuilder/-designer with 25 years of experience and a special interest in multhulls

Ernst is BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK[:-banghead][:-banghead][:-banghead]

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Hi! -
You are free to bang your head as often as you want to! -
I will allways see this as a compliment from your side! -

And my famous rc-Trimarans will remain at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/boatbuilder

No matter what you could DO, THINK or SAY!!! -

And before anybody thinks about criticising me, he should publish a picture of a selfbuilt rc-trimaran of at least equal quality in this forum - something I haven’t seen of anybody here - except Doug Lord! -

By the way - I am from AUSTRIA, VIENNA, which is in the middle of EUROPE!!! -
NOT from AUSTRALIA - which is “down under” - on the other side of that cute little planet!!! -

We don’t have KANGAROOS - so please use a map next time, before writing something obviously wrong!!! -

Good luck, Ernst[:D]

Professional shipwright - boatbuilder/-designer with 25 years of experience and a special interest in multhulls

Du bist ja ein super Aschloch…
Wis
Ps und habe nix uber Austalien gepost…geh mal wieder zur Schule und lerne lesen

lol, nice on wis!

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

forgot to tell…i speak fluently 5 languages… just in case

Wis

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by wismerhell

Ps und habe nix uber Austalien gepost…geh mal wieder zur Schule und lerne lesen

<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Wis - thanks ! I was wondering “where” he saw “ANYTHING” that referred to Australia ! [^]

It certainly wasn’t contained in “your” post!

ummmm - that post of yours brought back many memories of my grandma (mom’s side) who was “very” fond of the word until I repeated it one day in school. She was also fond of “Fell’s Naptha Soap” - MAN that stuff tased horrible! Sure do miss her. Thanks for the memories! [:-knockout]

Dick

Dick
you are most welcome[:-angel]

Wis[:D]

Holy gee! -
Looks as if the unqualified amateurs have taken over the majority in this forum!!! -
Not a pleasant place anymore for professionals!!! -
Just craptalkers left!!! -
Muahahahahaahah!!![:D]

PS: Ich habe mit dem Hinweis auf Australien gar nicht Dich gemeint, sondern einen anderen Trottel!! -
Au?erdem hei?t das ARSCHLOCH und nicht Aschloch -
Du Arsch! -Heheheeheh!

Professional shipwright - boatbuilder/-designer with 25 years of experience and a special interest in multihulls