Multi's in Marine Modelling International

The May issue has some interesting news including a picture of one of the best looking 2 Meter multis I’ve ever seen.
The 2M boat was built by David Hunt of Hobart ,Tasmania-I wish there were more pix-it is simply gorgeus!
Also a mention is made of a Vietnamese company that is producing a “ready to sail” tri 660mm(26" loa)in length by 590mm(23" wide). Made of balsa with a displ. of 1.2kg…Bet that would be a handfull though Pierre Gonnet a French rc multihull champion had some involvement…

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Buy a cat from Victor Products… better way to spend your money !

For beginners: it’s probably best to avoid any multihull under 48"; small multi’s can be very difficult to learn to sail-even 48" multihulls require practice and lots of concentration in stronger winds.

Doug Lord

OK - then spend your money and buy a 2 Meter multihull (or build one!) because it is much easier to sail !

<center>

But keep in mind, you might have to buy a trailer to haul it too!</center>

Ok I figured it out. The perfect R/C Multihull would be a 2 meter on Bradfield foilers.

It’s bigger thus easier to sail and it’s on foils so it will never capsize.

Peter

[:-idea]
If you never want your multihull to capsize, leave it strapped to the trailer. Warning…in a blow you may have to block the wheels. [^]

Tom
Seawind #80

Bad move Gale, the next post by the “legend in his own lunchtime” will probably be huge.

The owner of the 2 meter (Midnight Oil Design) in Dick’s post lives in North Queensland. The boat hasn’t capsized on the trailer, but it has made the trailer move before under sail.

Peter

[:-alien]Gale,
Foil is very thin metal. AKA: Aluminum Foil.
Known uses: Cooking, cleaning the grill, costume accessory for Halloween, and last but not least fuse replacement device. [:-cowboy]
Not sure how to use it on Sailboats. Perhaps you could make a hat out of it to wear on race days to blind your competitors.

Tom
Seawind #80

Foils: more speed no capsize.
A fairly simple concept and one that can change the world of rc multihulls forever…

You realy should see the 2 Meter pix in Marine Modelling…

Doug Lord

I think that nearly everybody on this forum is sick and tired of hearing about how “fantastic” foils are.

Can’t you get it through your thick skull? Read the posts everytime you mention foils, enough is enough.

Everybody on this forum who has the slightest interest in r/c multihull’s has said that boats on foils are probably fast, the point is that I/they aren’t interested in using them for one reason or another.

Personally I think that you are driving people interested in multihull’s away from this forum. Anything that is said is answered by you with eventually, foilers this and foilers that.

We all have our own opinions on what we want to sail. If foilers aren’t part of that, there is nothing that you can say that will change my mind to switch to them.

I build and race a quick boat. I don’t win every time but that comes down to consistancy and picking the wrong side of the course. Done of these things is going to be helped if I adopt your ideas and build a boat that will foil.

Peter