Model Yachting #152 - Footy Issue

Andrew,

I mailed the AMYA Ships Store via their “Contact Us” link last night and asked them how much and how would we pay to send to the U.K.

I’ll let you know when I have a reply.

Cheers,

firstfooty

Hi guys - Since I collected the information and put together the two page spread of Footy photos the answer to the missing data for some of the entries is that I could only list the information that was given. In some cases the missing stats were not provided to me before the submission deadline or were not available at all.

I received multiple boats and their data from some of our more prolific designers. Space limitations forced me to cull down to one boat for each designer represented. In each case I chose either the most recent design or the most recognized one.

All in all I am pleased with the way the spread turned out. I want to thank again all of the Footy designers that provided the photos and information about their boats so freely. And I want to acknowledge the assistance of Herman Estevez for helping me with the layout, and my wife, Ruby Levesque, for finalizing the layout and prepping the spread to “Model Yachting” specifications.

Hey there,

I just got it today, thanks to Graham for the free issue and to Bill K for the delivery.

:zbeer:

I have read only two article so far but they were really interesting. I am hopping to get some time to read all the issue before the end of the week.

Have fun guy

Xavier

Hmmm … Have been trying every second day to send a request to Michelle at the AMYA store to see if it’s possible to hold a copy of #152 for me , all I get is IPOWER-404 error message ? . Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
James

Server issues - and webmaster is on vacation yet this week. Just have to wait until he returns. Should be and running by mid-week unless it’s a server that crapped.

The AMYA website was up and working again yesterday. From another forum, the problem was not with AMYA but with the server.

I have been trying to contact the Ship’s store with no results.

I just Emailed Michelle @ the email I received from her from my new membership.

I want to get a couple copies of 152, there is a guy I boat with that wants to scratch build a footy and I want to give him a copy.

What better way to advance FOOTYs than helping fellow sailors?

Dan

A Better Way ???

Suggest he join AMYA immediately and if it was the most recent issue (I believe) he would get it as part of his registration packet - although they may be substituting the “Getting Started” issue. That way, as a member, he’ll get four issues each year, and perhaps become interested in other featured classes.

If you (or anyone) wants to help new sailors, “strongly” suggest they join AMYA and help support the organization. Without paid members - there would be no funds to produce the publications you are trying to purchase from a "Ship’s Store - which, by the way, also wouldn’t exist. I applaud your efforts on behalf of the “new guy”, regardless.

Just some thoughts. :wink: :slight_smile:

Hi Dick,

I tried to join just to get the Footy issue, but my application arrived just after the mailing labels had been printed & sent, and I was told that I would have to order issue #152 as a back issue (even though it hadn’t been published yet). That’s why I asked a couple of month’s ago if non-members could purchase back issues from the Ship’s Store.

I plan to join the AMYA, but not until I can find some local activity in the AMYA. I am having a hard time finding any active AMYA members or clubs in the Ft. Lauderdale area, the listed club isn’t sailing at their regular listed site due to construction security, and the only other site I’ve found is too full of weeds to sail anything at all. I don’t want to be the only AMYA member in town! My interests are in smaller boats, from the Footy up to no larger than the RG65 (actually, I would prefer less than 24").

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL USA

Gentlemen and ladies - Charles has found the space on the Footy website to include the article and Footy photo spread that I coordinated for the AMYA’s Model Yachting magazine issue 152. In it are the photographs and stats for many of the most competitive Footies sailing today, including the top two finishers at the Euro GP.

I want to thank the editorial staff at MY for allowing me to make this piece available to the broader Footy public through the website. I hope that all USA Footy sailors will become members of the AMYA, the more members with registered boats the greater our presence on the National level and the more attractive Footies become.

Hi Neil & Others

Good job getting this Footy info placed on our web site. I have the issue, but it is a good as a link to send to friends that we are working on to get involved in the Wide World of Footys.

It would be helpful to see links added so each of the skippers could post full color photos, plans and other details of their Footys including race results. If they sell a kit, include links for buying it.

Sorry, but I worked as a marketing manager for a number years and part of that was getting others to do additional work. We need to market & promote the Footy!

Thanks, Frank