ML5..the link between model and fullsize!

Will it have kite Brett?

[^] Yes Brett I know who and where you are. I was trying to encourage you to list New Zealand as your country in your profile.
It makes me proud to have a countryman with such talent as you and I am keen to tell the world that we are active down here. The Commodore of our club, Wellington Radio Yacht Club has one of your <font color=“red”><font size=“2”>HIGHLANDER</font id=“size2”></font id=“red”> one metres which is performing very well.[8D]
And compleatly off the topic, I want to tell you I have a FOOTER nearly built.[:-crazy]

Do it NOW before it`s too late.

[:-jump2]

&lt;font color="blue"&gt;&lt;font size="4"&gt;[b]GOOD BOY[/b]&lt;/font id="size4"&gt;&lt;/font id="blue"&gt;

[:-love][img]../forum1/images/speech/icon_speech_yeah.gif[/img][img]../forum1/images/speech/icon_speech_ok.gif[/img]

Do it NOW before it`s too late.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by yachtie2k4

As my father owns an Illusion (CORRECT NAME, NOT MINI 12’S AS ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM) So I have a lot of photos of ours!
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Rob -
was cleaning out the basement and ran across the December 1985 issue of Yacht Racing & Cruising magazine - the yearly issue that lists all the (relatively known) classes able to be purchased, boats, designers, builders, equipment, etc.

To update your post - the line drawings and specs indicate that there were a “reported” 800 of the “ILLUSION 12” boats made since it’s introduction in 1981.

Also - there were two other similar boats that were being sold. The “ILLUSION 12” was 12’0" LOA with a 10’6" LWL

Also available for purchase was the 1983 Bob Smith design called <font color=“blue”>“MILLIMETER” </font id=“blue”>of which a “reported” 285 boats were sold. It had a LOA of 12’ 6" and a LWL of 10’ 1 1/2".

Lastly, there was the <font color=“maroon”>“DEFENDER 12” </font id=“maroon”>design from Bill Lauborn, also designed in 1983 and of which 150 were “reported” sold. It had a 12’ 4" LOA and a 9’ 9" LWL

My guess is the waterline and length overall differences were made to circumvent trademark and/or patent issues, yet keep them fairly close to the same size.

Dick,
Just to let everyone know that dads is an Illusion, I know this cause it has a Illusion class rego thing inside & its got on the back “Sail An Illusion”

Hello ALL,
In the past I have been unfortunate enough to have been “Moderated” for being off Topic and had my posts removed.
This section of the Forum is headed, <font color=“red”>“New Classes, find/give information about new developing classes in r/c sailing”</font id=“red”>.

I have a question, just what does the Proposed ML5 boat have to do with “New Classes”?.
It is NOT Radio Controlled.
It is Human Controlled.
It is NOT even a Model Boat, it IS a small, FULL SIZED Boat and should NOT be in this Section at all.
Finally, <font color=“red”>IT IS AN ADVERT</font id=“red”> for a proposed commercial venture,which should NOT be allowed in the Forum, least of all this Section.

This Forum is called <font color=“red”>rcsailing.net</font id=“red”>, it is not an Advertising Medium for anybody, adverts are for Web Sites for the articles concerned and that is where they should stay.
Very careful here,
“In My Opinion” ALL the Moderators are at fault for allowing these posts to continue, I think they have all been fooled into thinking this is something New, well it is NOT, it is an <font color=“red”>ADVERT.</font id=“red”>
“End of my Opinion”
John.

Mr. Jay Dee- this topic was originally posted way before there was a Pub and had there been a Pub would probably have been posted there.
At the present time Brett is working on his design and he is an rc yacht designer of some repute. I believe that the tie in his case between rc sailing and his design is clear and interesting to MANY readers judging from the readership numbers. He has shared his concepts and ideas in detail with the reader and deserves a lot of credit for doing so.
I, too, will be doing a version of this idea later this year (I hope) and will similarly inform the readership.
It is an interesting concept with direct ties to rc sailing…

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

HI,
A nice excuse, but, <font color=“red”>IT IS STILL AN ADVERT FOR A COMMERCIAL VENTURE</font id=“red”> and as such has NO place anywhere on this Forum.
John.

Your discussion on the Mini 12s caught my attention. I have been looking for plans or drawings for over a year with no luck. If any one can help please advise<rayweber03@hotmail.com>